Staffie lover!

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
Rumpole

Staffie lover!

Post by Rumpole » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:52 am

Hi I'm Maria
I live with my husband in north Devon, we have a lovely big garden and two acres of woodland just right for playing staffies!!! We moved here from London when my husband retired with his police dog 'Jim'. Sadly Jim only enjoyed the countryside for 6 mths as he was diagnosed with throat cancer and died with 6 weeks. That was nearly 2 years ago now and we still miss him. We also had a lovely red Staffie named Rumpole who died at the age of 15 1/2 just 6 weeks ago. We have always rescued staffies, normally from Batteresa, 6 so far, and are looking to rescue another. That's how I found this site - and I think it's wonderful! I love that there are like minded people who see and appreciate the true loving and loyal nature of the Staffie, and I love all the work you are doing to save as many as possible. Great work guys!

johnfowle

Re: Staffie lover!

Post by johnfowle » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Hello Maria

Thank you for your kind words on "Rescue Remedies". So sorry that Jim was only able to enjoy your wonderful garden and surrounds for such a short time, and that you have recently lost Rumpole at such a great staffie age.

As you are obviously well aware there are lots of like minded people here....we all love our staffies: I have four of various shapes and sizes alongside two other terriers and a greyhound....all, except one, are from Rescue Remedies.

We always have super dogs in our own kennels and other kennels in the southeast which we use.The vast majority of them come from local pounds and are likely to have been put to sleep.Others come with major medical conditions, have "issues" or are old, which most other rescue centres would overlook. But Lynne, the "boss", looks beyond their problems and, together with the wonderful team of vets, kennel staff and volunteers, works with those she rescues to prepare them for their new LIFE. Naturally, there are yet more dogs who arrive in RR who have had to be given up because of a change of circumstances....Lynne tries to take in those in greatest need.

I do hope you find the website useful and informative, and us a friendly bunch. I am sure if ever you feel able to rescue your seventh staffie there will be many pulling at your heartstrings here.

Best wishes from the Mob in New Romney

Rumpole

Post by Rumpole » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi John
It's lovely to hear from you (and the mob!) you'll be glad to hear we have adopted our 7 th Staffie already, and boy is he wonderful!!!
We adopted Chunk (Elfin) from rr. We picked him up on Thursday and he fit straight in. We are so lucky to have two terrific staffies, real ambassadors for the breed, Alfie aged 7 and Polly age 13. They missed Rumpole as much as we did and once I saw Elfin on the website I just knew he was the one for us. They have all taken to each other really well and if you saw them you'd think they'd been together for years rather than two days.
It's lovely to talk to like minded people, I can never understand how people can treat animals so cruelly and it's great organisations like rr that make an incredible difference.

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:52 am

Brilliant news you were able to offer a terrific home to another needy staffy. .look forward to updates blob6.gif] :goodjob.gif: woo.gif]

Polpat

Post by Polpat » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:38 pm

How funny I have just seen this thread having just posted on Elfin's rehoming thread because I knew him when he first came into the rescue and used to walk him at Chessington. I instantly fell for him and loved our walks - he truly is everything that is great about Staffies and I am thrilled that he is in Devon (I spend about half my time there!). Its great to know he is going to be loved and appreciated and that he will have such a wonderful life ahead of him....way to go Elfin! :cool.gif:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”