Travel Sickness

X5-JS

Travel Sickness

Post by X5-JS » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi All

Tia can only travel in the car for about 30 min before being ill, does anybody have any recommendations for prevention/cure :please.gif: as I would love to take her and Branston on a family outing at the weekend but involves about 1.5 hour journey each way. :thanks.gif:

sweetpea

Re: Travel Sickness

Post by sweetpea » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:08 pm

We got cerenia from our vets as my bedlington cross gets really car sick and they worked wonders ......they were quite expensive but worth it as we went for a 5 hr trip .....my friend swears by dorswet herbal remedies for travel sickness thumbs.gif

Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:07 pm

1. Stick to motorways as much as possible.
2. Be slow on corners so the car doesn't roll.
3. Try to avoid sharp braking and harsh acceleration.
4. Windows open.
5. Find a brave family member who will let Tia rest her head on their lap while she lies across on the seat, it takes a lot of the bumops out of the ride.
6. Don't blame me if 5 goes spectacularly wrong :D

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:33 pm

And ginger biscuits apparently work with some dogs ...

X5-JS

Post by X5-JS » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:27 pm

So John you are basically implying that I am a bad driver lol.gif and yes I have had one of those spectacular fails, coming back from one of the charity walks we were stuck on the M25 for 2 hours on the way home, Man that took some clearing up icon_cry.gif

Did read about the Ginger but will enquire about the Cerenia :thanks.gif:

Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:35 pm

X5-JS wrote:So John you are basically implying that I am a bad driver lol.gif and yes I have had one of those spectacular fails, coming back from one of the charity walks we were stuck on the M25 for 2 hours on the way home, Man that took some clearing up icon_cry.gif

Did read about the Ginger but will enquire about the Cerenia :thanks.gif:
No no no, of course not. Well yeah, maybe :D
That was an unfortunate typo in point 5 though sign_omg.gif
The head on lap does work, Charlie use to puke on every car journey until we did this, but never got sick with his head on Chelsey's lap. Yes, Chelsey's lap - you don't think I'd risk mine do you? :D

Return to “Health, Disease, Vets & Vaccines”