Jack Patterdale DofB 08.08.11 Redhill Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
heleny

Re: Jack Patterdale DofB 08/08/2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Jack did not want to walk far today and seemed a bit uncomfortable. He really is a lovely little dog with the most earnest, endearing little face. Like all patterdales Jack knows his own mind but is extremely eager to please and with the right support and encouragement Jack will meet the challenges he thinks other dogs pose for him. Hopefully Jack will find the right home soon as he is another little lad who does not thrive in kennels despite everyone's best efforts. :goodluck.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Jack joined me and 3 other walkers on a group walk today. Apart from an initial bark at new boy Greg (JRT) at the start of the walk, I didn't get a peep out of him for the remainder of the walk. He walked beautifully, really seemed to enjoy himself and was very relaxed throughout his walk. It was a lovely sunny day with lots of fresh smells that needed the briefest of investigating. No issues with passing traffic, sheep in the field or a horse that went by. As we were walking back down the drive way to the kennels, Jack was parallel walking quite happily with Danny who was being walked by Teresa. Jack was an absolute star today. I was very proud of him. He is the sweetest little boy. Love him love4.gif xx
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Jack and I set off on our walk today with Helen Y and Rolo. We hadn't got very far when Jack decided that he wanted to turn back. i decided to take him to the Poets Hut for some quiet time instead. It was very muddy at the entrance to the woods and Jack didn't want to walk through the mud, so I carried him. He loved it and gave me a kiss for my troubles as I walked along. Being that much higher up it gives you a better view of the squirrels. Jack was totally relaxed in the Poets Hut. He enjoyed his cuddles and quiet time away from all the hype of the kennels. After a few treats Jack was quite happy to walk back through the woods to the kennels. Great little boy. Love him love4.gif xx
20180214_113236.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Jack is another one of those little dogs who really,really pulls at your heart strings such is his need for a home. He is a friendly, lovely little chap with a gorgeous face. He just doesn't want to walk far and would prefer to have company and cuddles in the hut. I so hope his forever home comes along soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Jack is a little lost in kennels at the moment with all the hype. Yesterday he decided that he really didn't want to go for a walk. I managed to coax him towards the woods and he made a bee line for the Poets Hut. He jumped up on the sofa and was quite happy having quiet time, cuddles, treats and looking out of the window. I was hoping that after we could continue our walk through the woods after but Jack had other ideas. Very sweet little boy love4.gif xx
20180225_134929.jpg
20180225_134925.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Once again Jack did not want to go for a walk and had to be carried to the hut where he did manage to relax a little bit. Kennel life is not suiting Jack at all and he seems to be retreating into himself. He really does need a home and he would enrich that home with his dear personality and sweet ways. Everything crossed that this little Patterdale finds happiness and comfort soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

I got the chance to take Jack for a stroll today.
He started with a hunt for treats in the truck, then went along the drive where he met other dogs and his confidence grew.
Jack seems to enjoy meeting relaxed dogs and will walk well once he knows the other dog.
On our way back Jack insisted on getting into the truck for treats and cuddles.
Thanks for a relaxed walk Jack.
20180311_121303.jpg
20180311_121324.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Lovely photos of Jack - thank you. Jack is not responding well at all to life in kennel care. He does not want to walk far and enjoy being outside and is a little dog who really needs his own home. Yesterday the weather was lovely and we parallel walked with new walker Jane and Cookie but Jack soon decided he wanted to go back and we ended up, as usual with reluctant walkers, in the poet's hut where he relaxed for about 20 minutes. Despite the best efforts of the excellent kennel staff and walker, Jack remains confused and unhappy and needs a home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
M&R

Re: Jack Patterdale DofB 08/08/2011 Crowborough Easter Foste

Post by M&R »

The lovely Jack Pat came home with us today and has been the most adorable little Patterdale you could wish to meet. He travelled in the back seat with me and snuggled in. On arriving home he was eager to get out and had a sniff around etc. but as we knew he did not want to walk on from our car park to the house, Ray carried him with no bother at all and put him down at the door. Straight away he put his front paws up to the door and couldn't wait to get in and from then on his little tail just kept wagging. He inspected all round, had a good long drink and a lunch of sausage and mini Bonios. After that as you can see from the photos he tried out all the rest and relax options. He is discovering toys and we will try and get some pics when he is playing with them. Went for a very short walk late afternoon and hopefully he will walk out with us tomorrow but all in his own time.
CIMG2635.JPG
CIMG2631 (1).JPG
CIMG2629.JPG
CIMG2625.JPG
M&R

Re: Jack Patterdale DofB 08/08/2011 Crowborough Easter Foste

Post by M&R »

CIMG2640.JPG
Hello Lynne and all my lovely walkers (especially Heleny). Enjoying my foster break and had a long walk this morning before the rain came. Just chilling out now on my favorite chair after a good game of ball indoors. Love from Jack x.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”