Kevin Staffie x DofB 11.07.09 - 16th February 24

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Judy

Re: Kevin Bulldog x Staffie DofB 11.07.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

It was a very cold afternoon yesterday and I was happy to see Kevin had a warm coat on and his heat lamp going which he was cosily lying under when I arrived. I felt mean taking his coat off but Kevin didn't mind a bit as he was only too excited as usual to be going out walking, we walked briskly which soon warmed both of us up and as soon as we got back to the kennel I soon wrapped up this gorgeous hunk of a boy. love together.gif]
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

From Saturday 17th:

What can I say? My Kevin love4.gif We had a pootle about the paddock and then went off for trot around the block. Passed a couple of other walkers, Kevin didn't bat an eyelid, almost just a nod of the head and an "alright mate" and carrying on. 0002.gif] FYI spoke to Lynne and it's been agreed that I can have the Kevmeister for a 2 night sleepover for Easter Sunday and Easter Monday - huzzah! woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

Hi Weebs I am so pleased you will be giving this lovely hunk of a boy a break over Easter. thumbs.gif He stole my heart a long time ago and I always make a point of taking him for a walk when I'm at the kennels as I did this afternoon. He really is a special boy and great company. :smiley-chores002.gif:
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I'm the same, had my Sunday date with Kev today. We all love him, he's a smashing dog, so why isnt he homed???. I'm very sad this little boy has been overlooked crying1.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jan Case

Re: Kevin Staffie x DofB 11.07.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked Kevin yesterday whilst I walked Keisha and Tilley. Kevin walks at a much more measured pace than the girls, so we soon left the boys behind and then met them coming back as it were! Geoff says he is the gentlest dog, very easy to walk, likes to set a leisurely pace. I think Imight grab him for myself next time!! But if course, what Kevin wants is his very own family xxxx
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

Having Sir Kevin to stay for a couple of nights has been one of the best decisions I've made in a while. He certainly brought sunshine through the rain over a very wet Easter weekend. So Kevin - we THANK YOU.

My stepdaughter, Sarah, and I picked Kevin up early on Sunday morning and was waved goodbye by one of his favourite walkers, Teresa. Sarah and Kevin immediately bonded so within 10 mins, she was saying "I love Kevin - you've got to keep him". (My heart aches that I'm not in a position to do so).
Kevin 1.jpg
Kevin 2.jpg
On getting home, Kevin greeted my husband, Iain, with a happy hellooooo and then turned a sharp left into the sitting room and "The Sofa". He seemed to bow in front of it and say "Hello there my old friend, we'll have a proper catch-up later. I've got things to do, people to meet, places to go - you know how it is."

We all then sat down to a Sunday breakfast. Kevin ate the meat part of his leaving the boring biscuits and then squeezed under the table whilst we finished our brekkie. He has exemplary table manners - he does not beg or worry you for human food. He'll be either under the table at your feet or to the side of you, close by.

Sarah's friend, Joely, popped in to say "hi" to him and Kevin greeted her like a long lost friend. She sat down on the floor and he promptly plopped himself on her lap and loved the attention and ear-rubbing. Kevin is good with kids but because he can be a bit of a blunder-bus, one would have to be slightly wary around smaller kids.

Then it was off to Grandma Jean's for a Roast Chicken Easter Sunday lunch. She lives over in Beckenham so not a long journey for us but it is twisty turny with lots of sleeping policemen to bump over. Kevin seems to travel really well. His preference is the front passenger seat as he does try to squeeze through from the back to the front (his girth prevented him 0002.gif] )but does settle happily on the back seat. He would need a dog guard if in the back-back of a car to prevent him clambering over to a more preferred seating arrangement.

It was at Grandma Jean's that we saw Kevin's antennae for cats - he really can sense a cat from 500 paces. Other dogs, horses, other pets he's not bothered about at all. But cats .... We kept him on a lead until Smudge had scarpered up to the top of the garden but he did keep looking out the window to see where that blinkin' cat was. Otherwise he was perfectly behaved and Grandma Jean was rather taken with him.

Lunch eaten, it was back to Reigate and the great reunite with "The Sofa". Cue Peaches & Herb:

"Reunited and it feels so good
Reunited cause we understood
There's one perfect fit and sugar, this one is it.
We both are so excited cause we're reunited hey hey ....."

The love lasted for the rest of weekend and Kevin's time with us.
Kevin 3.jpg
Kevin 4.jpg
Kevin 5.jpg
It was soon bed-time and after a final pee of the night (Kevin is very good about asking to go out if he needs to, otherwise he does need some persuading - if he was going to have to go out in the rain at midnight then so was I), he settled down in his basket to snore away. We did concede to have his basket in our bedroom but he stayed in his basket all night and didn't make any attempt to get on the bed. If asked, I'm sure he would have clambered up (bless him, our Kevin is not the most agile of woofers) but he didn't ask and we didn't and all was fine. He is a noisy sleeper but mainly in the initial stages of sleep.

Monday morning dawned and the plans for a long walk and a pub lunch went out of the window due to the inclement weather and husband having been very ill during Sunday evening. We did manage a short walk around Priory Park but then it was back to vegging out. I don't think Kevin minded too much!

Oh - he did have a shower and he was brilliant. He obviously didn't love it but was as good as gold and put up with it. It did help that I got in the shower with him so maybe he thought "well if she can do it, then so can I". And he did love the sausage treat afterwards and the fire going on.

Then all too soon it is time to take him back. I.Shall.Not.Be.Sad. I.Shall.Not.Cry.

This gorgeous dumpling of a dog has sooooo much love and affection to give. He's such an easy dog - easy to walk, easy to control, easy to have around He does require attention but once settled, as long as he knows where you are and he has his own sofa, he's happy. He doesn't do tricks - I tried "sit" and "paw" but the look of "I'm not a circus performer" - but he's so laid back and well behaved that you don't need them. He does know the word "no"!

Let's keep the momentum of the all the homings done over the Easter period going by getting the wonderdog that is Kevin his furever home/caravan.

love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

Sorry - don't know why the pictures haven't come through on previous .........bad workman etc springs to mind 0002.gif]

Here they are:
It's love
It's love
It really is love
It really is love
Hello my friend
Hello my friend
Snug as a bug in a rug
Snug as a bug in a rug
Powernap before bedtime innit
Powernap before bedtime innit
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Thank you Rebecca, Kevin certainly deserved a break and a comfy bed. He has been so good putting up with being in rescue so I hope his home is round the corner as he is such a gorgeous boy. thumbs.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
RosC

Post by RosC »

Yes, thank you Rebecca. Just love seeing Kevin in a home, isn't he wonderful (and you for having him!) :goodjob.gif: . I have no idea why Kevin's forever home hasn't come along yet, he is the most popular dog at the kennels - We all love Kevin, someone is missing out on a great, easy companion love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

Like everyone I am so happy that Kevin had an Easter break, what a superstar, just so good in so many ways. I do so hope that someone will read Kevin's link and see how easy he is around the house. He really is an absolute darling and surely 2018 has got to be his lucky year. :smiley-bounce016.gi:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”