Jagger (Ace) Belg Shep x Eng Mastiff DofB 06.17 Hook Hants

Dogs that have found their forever home
Stu

Re: Ace Belguim Shep x Eng Mastiff DofB 8months Gatwick Kenn

Post by Stu »

Despite his size (and he is very big) Ace is pretty easy to manage and nice to walk because luckily he doesn't pull. He is very friendly and striking to look at.
RosC

Post by RosC »

A couple of pics of the gorgeous Ace from last weekend with Terry
Ace_1[2].jpg
Ace_1[2].jpg
Attachments
Ace_2[1].jpg
rob_w

Post by rob_w »

We had the pleasure of Ace's company over the weekend, and it was truly a pleasure. Firstly he is a seriously big lad, pictures do not do any justice in showing the absolute grandeur of him, the last time I saw paws the size of his there was a lion attached to the other end. However the words "Gentle giant" absolutely apply to him, he seemed to fall instantly in love with my children (youngest is 12) and on the first night insisted on sleeping on the floor in their room. He loves getting cuddles and will come up to you and rest his huge head on your shoulder so you can hug him.

He doesn't always pick the best of places for this though

He likes to sleep in the car, my son also likes to sleep in the car. On Sunday they discovered that they could share this love of sleep, by laying on each other. My daughter did get a picture of this, which I will upload as soon as I have extracted it from her because it shows just how loving Ace really is.

He is very food orientated and exceptionally eager to please. Although that desire for food can get him into trouble...

He settled really, really well with Coco, we've had lots of puppy play fighting but both of them have displayed great self limiting and have backed off instantly the moment the other has indicated that enough was enough or that a line had been overstepped. Despite being over three times her weight and could easily hurt her if he wanted he never uses his teeth on her, when they are in rough and tumble mode Ace simply uses his size and strength advantages to corral her into a corner. Coco for her part discovered that she fitted underneath him and has engaged in some exceptionally unladylike behaviour. The only time Ace hurt her is when he accidentally sat on her on the sofa, because she leapt over the arm of it to try and beat him into the spot!

I have many bones, chew toys and other fun things for them to play with, however a favourite thing to do is to take what the other one has, neither are vicious and there is no growling involved when this happens, often it will be a case of a quick tug of war.

I need a bigger sofa

This is their favourite way of sharing my lap, it does mean I am pinned to the spot though

He is great to walk, he clearly has the mastiff attitude to life and the world; slow and steady wins the race. He only really has two speeds, "plod" and "slightly faster plod", I'm sure he could move pretty quickly if he wanted to, but that would require much more effort than he is normally prepared to put in on a walk, especially when there is so much to sniff. He doesn't really pull, so much as make constant progress in the direction he has selected, it's more of an inexorable movement like watching sped up continental drift or glaciers moving down a valley.

He responds very well to voice commands, luckily given his size, and praise and encouragement are 100% the way to go with him. He is wearing a slightly wibbly-wobbly harness in this video because he managed to break the one that Lynne gave me and this was the only one I had that fitted and was rated for a dog his size...

He greets dogs politely, although he is interested in them, he has that almost aloof dignity that Mastiffs have to new encounters, he will have a sniff and let them sniff him, but he isn't going to try and play. He greets humans with the same attitude, although once he receives a fuss and some love he can be inclined to jump up a little if they get too enthusiastic about it, he just wants a hug from them. He is so striking that everyone we have met on the couple of walks we did have stopped us and asked about him.

To meet Ace in the flesh is a truly wonderful thing, we have all fallen in love with the big guy and I would imagine anyone who loves big dogs will feel the same, his forever home can't be very far off at all.
gsdlover

Re: Ace Belguim Shepx Eng Mastiff DofB 8months Partridge Gre

Post by gsdlover »

What a lovely update....Ace looks gorgeous love4.gif

Hopefully his home won 't be too far away :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
Vicksg

Post by Vicksg »

Rob that is the best write-up I’ve ever read. I laughed AND fell in love with Ace!
Judeking

Re: Ace Belg Shep x Eng Mastiff DofB 06.17 Partridge Green S

Post by Judeking »

Great update, what a cool character. He's so gorgeous.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Ace meeting Coco for the first time

rob_w

Post by rob_w »

Ace vs Coco the epic battle of the raggy
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

He is a gentle giant ...coco looks so tiny ...Ace is so gentlexxx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

He is gentle! Those huge paws 0002.gif] looks like Coco is enjoying having a playmate and isn't deterred by his size. Lovely to see Ace in this environment :thanks.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”