Star (Saidie) Staffie DoB 2003? - 2/2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Star (Saidie) Staffie DoB 2003? - 2/2018

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Posted May 21, 2009 9:40 pm

Would just like to thank Rescue Remedies for allowing us to adopt our beautiful Star.
She was a very lively 7 year old when we got her and she lived to a ripe old age of 16.
She was so loveable and playful and most of all strong right up until her passing.
She will be hugely missed & never forgotten and her name truly represents what she was and always will be .
Hopefully we made her last 9 years the best we could and she knew how much she was loved.
[cry.gif]
StarSadie.jpg
Star's thread is below
Star is a 6 year old Staffie bitch who came into Rescue Remedies care tonight as another emergency, after a phone call was received regarding a dog that was en-route to the vets to be euthanized.

The owner of Star's father died today and she had to make plans to go to Spain tonight with no return journey planned. She felt it easier to have her put to sleep than search for a rescue space.

Star was originally a pound dog and was adopted from a local rescue to here.This rescue was contacted today but they refused to take her back. It was suggested to the owner that she donate the euthanasia fee towards the care of Star, but this was refused. She was happy to pay for the dog to be killed, but refused to hand over that amount of money to the rescue taking her (approx £60).

Star has not been vaccinated, microchipped or spayed yet.

Star is a beautiful red dog and very friendly and approachable. She lives happily with children, is clean in the home and not destructive.

Her temprement towards other dogs and cats varies. The previous owner feels that this is more of a protective reaction rather than anything else.

She is not possessive over food or toys.

On collecting the dog the owner burst into tears and told her how much she loved her. I am afraid that I was less than sympathetic considering that an hour earlier she was on the way with her to have her put to sleep.

Star is a lucky lady and hopefully now her luck can continue and she can find a new and permanent home who DO actually love her.
Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Star (Saidie) Staffie DoB 2003? Church Crookham Hants

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

ali12345 22 May 2009 04:01 pm

Walked Saidie today and you would think she is a much younger dog.
She is a cuddly and lovable Staffie girl. Walked nicely with Roxy.

Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 26 May 2009 05:10 pm

Oh Lordie...this isn't Sad-ie its Saidie!!!!

oh yes Saidie...

Rescue Remedies_2

SharonR 26 May 2009 09:57 pm

What a pretty girl :D
Rescue Remedies_2

ali12345 29 May 2009 05:26 pm

Poor Saidie was looking a bit down today in kennels. Didn't have time to take her out but she really could do with some cheering up. A beautiful girl who must be wondering what an earth is going on in her life.
Alison
Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 29 May 2009 05:52 pm

Saidie is going through a false pregnancy and was spayed yesterday despite this. We didn't want to risk her getting pyrometre. So yes today won't be the best day in her life and she has the tail end of kennel cough so on antibiotics. Yes poor Saidie but very soon this will all be behind you!
Rescue Remedies_2

blupu 02 Jun 2009 05:33 pm

Oh, the poor girl :( would she be feeling up to a walk tomorrow morning?
Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 02 Jun 2009 09:59 pm

Saidie is doing well. She had a lot to say to me this evening..like come over here..and bring a lead with you! Yes she'll delight in a walk tomorrow :lol:
Rescue Remedies_2

EmmaSemple 02 Jun 2009 10:16 pm

Saidie is feeling much better now. She is keen to go out, likes to let people know she is about and has settled into the routine of kennel life...home life would be far better for her though. :D

Lovely natured girl and another Staffie being wasted in rescue. :(

Emma
Rescue Remedies_2

blupu 03 Jun 2009 02:43 pm

Sadie is indeed a wonderful girl, affectionate and friendly but not overpowering... I think I'm definitely falling in love!!! :)

She was a bit excited to be out on a walk today but did calm down soon after. She even falls into line and walks perfectly to heel, once she's spent a bit of energy and has a bit of encouragement, I was so impressed... although I'm not sure if she was just trying to show off in front of the police dogs today ;) No reaction when they started barking at her from the van though.

She also has this beautiful long muzzle, as shown in the pic I took while we had a little lie in the grass and a cuddle. I have no idea how no-one has snapped her up yet, she's gorgeous!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”