Gizmo Partially-sighted Staffie DOB 07-06 - 2017

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Gizmo Partially-sighted Staffie DOB 07-06 Bicester Oxfor

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

ladylou 14 Sep 2010 11:53 am

MozartsGirl wrote:
Yes,we picked him up last night. Just taken his medications like a trooper - amazing what a little mature cheddar will do! He's just with us for a little holiday xox
That's lovely. He's a lovely little fella, and I hope his eye op is a success for him.xxx
Rescue Remedies_2

MozartsGirl 14 Sep 2010 10:40 pm

Things about Gizmo:
He LOVES to have something on hand to chew (preferably a hide bone) when he's feeling unsure or eyes are sore.
He LOVES to have a good cuddle & a snore while you're watching TV
He seeks you out with his brilliant nose...where are you?...ahh, THERE you are friend!
He's a sucker for mature cheddar - a little bit works wonders for soothing after his eye drops!
Neck scratches are oh so goooood!
He loves people, dogs, cats, rain, sun, warmth, food, cuddles - everything!
He's good to have in your life xo
Rescue Remedies_2

MozartsGirl 16 Sep 2010 09:52 am

Gizmo goes from strength to strength. Walking him is easy - he doesn't pull at all, quite content to trot along at your pace.He likes a reassuring 'good boy' every so often to check you're really there! You're just required to think a little ahead, about any obstacles he may encounter on the way...no problems, he'll cope with it,just likes to know it's there! I've never had so many people stop me in the street to ask about him & cuddle him as I have with this boy. Amazing! He came with me to a Neighbourhood Action Group meeting last night, 4 police officers present, he charmed them all - sat in a Sergeant's lap for the meeting!!
He would be such a wonderful companion and asset in a family home, I see him fitting in beautifully with kids & enjoying games. A gentle sweet soul.Hoping for his forever home soon!
Rescue Remedies_2

juliet 16 Sep 2010 05:42 pm

It's so lovely to hear that Gizmo is getting some extra special loving and care and that his eyes are improving. He is soooo sweet :D
Rescue Remedies_2

MozartsGirl 17 Sep 2010 04:44 pm

Sweet Gizmo's perfect personality is really shining through now, after a few days with us. He's very playful, especially in the mornings...likes to run in & out of the house, occasionally stopping beside me to check I'm still there! Does a bit of 'staffy bouncing' to say goodbye to Paul (foster dad)& see him safely off to work...meets up with Alice and - if she's in the mood - has a bit of a play and a tumble with her until she tells him ENOUGH! The dishwasher repair man came this morning, loved this little boy, a mutual appreciation society!
I can honestly say that I have NEVER been stopped in the street so much as I have when walking Gizmo..he seems to draw people to him, the town is in love!
He's accompanying me to London in the morning...loves the car too, curls up sweet as a nut on the front seat.
Apologies for the lack of photos - as I explained to Lynne, the computer that downloads them is on the blink. Just have this little laptop at the moment. But his eyes are coming on a treat, look much less sore and straighter vision too. All good news with Giz xo :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rescue Remedies_2

Sylvia 17 Sep 2010 06:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Does Gizmo have no faults at all?? :shock:
I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow & the sun shines all day for you.
Rescue Remedies_2

MozartsGirl 17 Sep 2010 07:09 pm

If he has, Sylvia, I haven't found one!! :P Oh yes...looking too cute, smiling too much & being a charmer! That probably covers it. He isn't even noisy, unlike our little alarm terrier :roll: xo
Rescue Remedies_2

Sylvia 17 Sep 2010 07:29 pm

Oh bless his little heart, I am in love & I haven't even met the little man yet.
Rescue Remedies_2

MozartsGirl 21 Sep 2010 08:13 am

Gizmo met our vet, Damian, yesterday as he had his second vax and a general check up. Damian didn't want to 'mess with his eyes' as he hadn't had anything to do with them, but said they were healing nicely & the boy isn't in any pain :lol: Great surgery job Christabel!! Otherwise, the verdict is a healthy little chap, good weight & 'nice size'. Gizmo also accompanied me to London, curled up perfectly asleep on the passenger seat - he appreciates a little ear rub now & then at traffic lights or something, otherwise he's calm & happy. Negotiated all the obstacles of Marylebone High Street with not much difficulty - wanted to stop outside Fishworks for a while, such a lovely smelly pavement!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Mum & dad 'babysat' last night as we had a business dinner to go to. They have 2 rescue bitches, Ivy (15) & Jojo (3) Ivy adored Gizmo, flirted like a teenager & they curled up on the sofa. Jojo liked him less, she's a very submissive little Cavalier princess & his attentions were too much for her! Gizmo definitely benefits from canine company....a home with another, easy dog who enjoys the odd rough & tumble would be perfect for him as he enjoys 'following the leader' and gets a lot from the relationship. He attaches very quickly to 'his' people, takes a while to settle away from them but nothing major. Such a lovely boy, with so much to give.
Rescue Remedies_2

Jilly Allen 21 Sep 2010 08:52 am

What lovely updates on Gizmo with all the love and attention he is getting he seems to be coming on leaps and bounds. Keep up the good work and give him a big sloppy kiss from all his long distance admirers
x

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”