Flint JRT DofB 2013 - 26th February 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Neilmarion

Re: Flint JRT DofB 2013 Ottershaw Surrey

Post by Neilmarion »

I was going to write up my diary yesterday, so it would have been a Bank Holiday blog (I think it's called something like "literation" and is a smart thing we writers do). But, anyway, I didn't get round to it, so this is just a normal blog.
Not much happened last couple of weeks. Mum and Dad spent a lot of time watching the horse racing from York and got very excited when a horse called Marsha won a big race. Gave me quite a fright, their shouting at the tv.
I have been talking them down to the village for the paper most days and today I took Mum for another long woodland walk in the afternoon. I didn't much like the holiday weekend. There were too many strange people and their dogs around in my woods and my paddock. Mum and Dad kept apologising when I was just defending them and my territory. Huh!
That's all for a while. I'm on holiday with my old friends in Horley next week. I keep thinking how nice it will be for them.
PS Dad says it's "alliteration" not "literation". I reckon I was pretty close - for a little dog.
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Fantastic, fun-filled Forum fluency, Flint! Felicitations.
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Flint you are such a funny (& fabulous) fella! Sounds like you're having a ball!! 0002.gif] blob6.gif]
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Looking forward to seeing you again flint.xx
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

rps20170915_162734_818.jpg
I have been back home from my holiday for a whole week now so it's time to tell you about all that's happened since my last blog.
It was great to see my old friends at Horley. They really appreciated having me with them again and were very kind to me. I had a posh new kennel in the private wing. My bed was new too, but I still prefer the one I share with Mum and Dad at home.
They collected me last Thursday and I gave them a big welcome. Holidays are okay but it's always nice to come home.
It's been largely back to normal since I got back. We went to the Royal Foresters show in Windsor Great Park on Wednesday and I saw lots of cows and sheep. Some of the cows had big long horns and were very hairy. Mum said they were Highland cows from Scotland like her ( they did have red hair like hers, come to think of it ). Mum took my photo in front of some sheep that might have been Welsh like me. So it was a very Celtic sort of a day.
Back next week.
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

It's been a bit of a mixed week. The lady called Fran came round on Monday and came into my house for a while before we went out for a walk with her two dogs. When I tried to nip her ankles, I was put in the kitchen, which I didn't like. When I was let out and didn't nip, she gave me some super treats. When we went for a walk in my woods it was okay until she let her dogs off the lead and they ran all over the place. I didn't like that one bit and tried to tell them off but couldn't get close enough. It was alright when Fran put them back on the lead.
On Tuesday, Mum went to her RDA job and was away for ages and ages. I didn't like that. She did the same on Thursday for her hairdo. I didn't like that either.
I did enjoy Wednesday, though. We went for a pub lunch with some really nice people called Jose and Gordon. I sat under the table and behaved myself. I also had a nice time yesterday. We went to Beechdown again and Mum took me for a long walk and then we watched the racehorses galloping. I like going to Beechdown.
Friday was horrid. Mum and Dad went to Newbury races and left me for hours in a crate in the tack room of their friend Crispin ' s yard. I did get taken for one or walks but I was really glad when Mum and Dad came back and rescued me.
So you see it's been an up and down time.
Next week, Mum and Dad's friend, Liz, from Alderney is coming to stay for a few days. I have been told to behave myself.
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

I have had a very busy time since I last wrote. Last Tuesday we picked up Mum and Dad's friend Liz from Gatwick and went on to Canterbury where we had lunch outside an hotel and the waiter brought me a bowl of fresh water and I helped Mum and Liz finish their club sandwiches. I liked that but I didn't enjoy walking through Canterbury cos all I could see were lots of people's feet. I was glad to get home after the long car journeys.
Liz stayed with us until Saturday and I didn't bite her ankles, I just lay on the settee and kept an eye on her. We all went to the Barleymow in Englefield Green on Wednesday and the White Hart in Chobham on Saturday. Two nice ladies said I was very handsome and fed me tidbits in the pub on Saturday. I like the White Hart.
On Monday, my American admirer, Charlotte, arrived from Virginia. I like her cos she brought me chicken sticks and feeds me treats. I didn't bite her but did bark at her when she came down stairs in the mornings. She took us all to the White Hart for supper yesterday which was nice. I lay under the table and was very well behaved, even if I didn't get any tidbits like the collie at the next table. I have decided she can be my auntie.
Auntie Charlotte left this morning but promised me to be back in a fortnight. That will be nice.
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Ooooooh Flint - you have such a lovely life. You are indeed a very handsome boy - no wonder you have so many admirers.xxx.
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

rps20171016_140425_548.jpg
rps20171016_140328_237.jpg
rps20171016_140226_454.jpg
rps20171016_140226_454.jpg
Mum and Dad took me on holiday last week. We went to Arundel and stayed in an hotel called the White Swan. We drove down on Wednesday and came home on Saturday. On the way down we stopped in Petworth and walked round the town. It was very busy with traffic and the pavements were narrow. I didn't like Petworth. On the first day we had lunch in the Red Lion in Arundel and, on Thursday and Friday, we had lunch in the Norfolk Arms. The barmaid in the Norfolk Arms gave me a sausage. I like the Norfolk Arms. We went for lots of walks - around the town, along the river bank and to a big lake with lots of ducks, swans, coots and moorhens. On Thursday afternoon we went to Littlehampton and I saw the sea. I was well behaved at the hotel. We ate in the big bar each evening and I slept all night with Mum and Dad and didn't ask out in the night.
Mum took some photos of me on the bank of the river Arun and in Littlehampton.
Fran

Post by Fran »

Flint you have been a good boy with your visitors well done. How nice that you have had a nice week away and enjoyed seeing your holiday photos. You are such a lucky boy :havefun.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”