Ella Boxer x DofB 2010 Crawley Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Re: Ella Boxer x DofB 2010 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Its been a real pleasure to meet Ella and get to know her. She has such a lovely vibe and a real character under her gentle personality. Yesterday to enable another dog to get spayed and prepped for homing I had to swap Ella into Broxbourne. The plus side was we spent 3 hours in heavy traffic sharing the front seat as we sped along motorways and along country lanes. Ella was really interested to be in the passenger seat but soon settled. When we picked Hugo and the Welsh boys up in Reading Ella went into the back seat crate and Hugo became my passenger.

Just 10 mins off our destination and fate turned a card and we witnessed a little Jack Russell nearly being run over by a moped in front of us so we stopped the dog mobile. I walked calmly over to the Jack Russell to be met by the lady on the moped crying and we followed the Jack Russell onto the verge and into a front garden she was soon in the arms of the moped lady: Just moments earlier I had recognised the lady to Louise from Broxbourne kennels. She was in floods of tears and admitted she had put the Jack Russell in her ruck sack travelling 2 miles taking her into her new family a neighbour of hers. She was in disbelief that the Jack Russell had suddenly jumped out of her back rucksack. I said I need to take her to her destination and we walked over to the dog mobile. I didnt have another crate the 3 were full. So I had no option but to place her secured on the backseat next to Ella. I covered the crate as Ella could get at her ear or tail through the bars, but her vibe was motherly. Just 5 mins to go and I took my heart in my mouth but had to trust Ella as the cloth fell down. The Jack Russell was in shock and leant into the crate and Ella was excitedly smelling her and that is all she did, until we reached the Jack Russell's home.

I saw her tested yesterday when a very large dog twice her size lept over in "play bow" mode interrupting her walk and she shrugged it off both times. Ella is a beautiful and very special girl: I DO HOPE Ella's home comes soon.
bizlate

Post by bizlate »

We had the pleasure of meeting handsome Ella this weekend. She may be 7 but she is full of energy and was super excited to be out on a walk!
Smiley lady
Smiley lady
Both she and walking partner Buddy were very uneasy about being too near too one another (possibly infecting one another with nerves!) but happy to walk one behind the other with a small gap. Buddy prefers to walk behind and keep the other dog in his view, and Ella wasn't nervous at all of him being nearby, once the immediate worry of a face-to-face had passed.
Ella
Ella
I don't think she has been taught much in the way of training as she was desperate for a sausage treat but had absolutely no clue what 'sit' meant - she was trying everything to impress me into handing over the treat so I know she'd have given me a 'sit' if she knew how! She got an extra sausage for effort in the end :D

Hate to see the older dogs in kennels and really hope she catches someone's eye soon!
marknsal

Post by marknsal »

Must doff my hat to team Bizlate for such keen walking. Like you really sad to see older dogs in kennels and Ella now added to the list
bizlate

Post by bizlate »

Beautiful Ella is a fish out of water in kennels. You can tell she has no idea what is going on and is in dire need of a forever home. This is a dog that I really think would be very different on a sofa to the distracted girl you meet in kennels.
20170829_165311-480x480.jpg
20170829_165314-480x480.jpg
She has the most lovely smile and holds her tail high and happy when she's out on a brisk walk with human company. I would love to see her taken home and given a chance...
:please.gif:

Joanned

Post by Joanned »

She is beautiful
She is beautiful
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

2017_091009_2624_168.jpg
I took Ella out for the first time today just me and her. I have only been on walks with her with other dogs and she gets over excited. Today she was a lovely girl to walk. First a little hyper from kennels but quickly calmed. She is a typical boisterous Boxer and gets so excited to play. I saw Ella's loving side today and she was so craving it. She doesnt like kennel life at all bless her. We run off some energy and then sat for a cuddle. Such a beautiful dog that would settle so nicely in a loving home.
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

2017_091009_2101_291.jpg
LucyO

Post by LucyO »

We've been walking Ella for a couple of months now and we had the best walk ever today.

When you first leave kennels she has the typical boxer energy but it's totally manageable and I think just comes from excitement at being out and about, within ten minutes she had calmed down. Ella does get excited meeting other dogs but very quickly as our walk progressed and with reassurance she learned quickly to pass by calmly. Just keep moving and distract her and she has no issue at all.

Ella's getting to be a real fave of ours, she's just a really really likeable dog. She's so sweet and eager to please, looks back for reassurance during walks and has shown her true colours of just being a real sweetheart of a dog.

I was excited as she learned a lovely 'sit' for us very quickly after swiftly realising sausages were on their way! It's the first time she's done this for us! She's treat oriented and really wants to make you happy so I suspect with just a little bit of time and training this bright dog would be a dream to teach.

I've also included a pic to show just how slack her lead was on her walk as I'm so proud of her for how much calmer and obedient she's become even in the few weeks we've been walking her. It's good for people to know that any excess enthusiasm on first leaving for a walk quickly dissipates just leaving a lovely, sweet, funny dog who really wants to make people happy.

As you can tell we love her to bits, and really want her to find the right home with a family who will see just what a special little character she is.
IMG_6102.JPG
IMG_6101.JPG
IMG_6100.JPG
LucyO

Post by LucyO »

Bit of a delay on this post as we were away on holiday, but some more lovely stories of our favey-fave Ella.

We took her on a really long walk to make sure she slept well and wore off some Boxer energy. As always the first five minutes were springy joy as Ella showed us how delighted she was to be out of kennels but she settles well. We've noticed she's a big fan of one person holding the lead and the other walking with her - although she does like being just a nose in front! We all know Ella is nervous of other dogs despite her apparent larger build, we've seen her get upset at tiny little fluffballs and you just feel for her. If she feels safe with you, she's fine - we've found talking calmly to her, using her name and walking quickly but calmly past solves the problem.

We were especially proud of her as she got stuck on a bridge between a French Bulldog on one side who was being none too friendly, and a white fluffy little thing that was off leash on the other side. I asked the owners to leash but the dog clearly only listened to the man in the group, wife and kids were shouting to no avail...and if you don't have 100% recall your dog shouldn't be off leash! Poor Ella was beside herself, I walked on ahead and told them in no uncertain terms to get their dog on leash, my husband stayed with Ella and she was so good! Clearly terrified but we kept her calm and she walked past without pulling too much on leash. We gave her lots of affection and praise afterwards and made sure she knew she'd done very well in the face of other owners' poor management skills!

She's also started making my heart melt but looking for me when I dropped back on walks. I think I was tying a shoelace but she immediately started repeatedly looking around as if to say where are you? We're in a pack now so stay with me!

We love Ella, I'd go and collect her tomorrow if I thought for a second our one bed flat and rescued housecat were what she needed! I've put some pics of her here, she's not great at posing as she's too busy enjoying being out and about. I've also put videos to show HOW slack her leash is when she relaxes into a walk, and also how much she loved finding her favourite stick and bringing it home to show everyone.

I really want Ella to find the home she deserves. She'd be a wonderful pet and she'd blossom out of kennels. Come on guys, as much as I don't want to say goodbye I want her in her forever home before winter really hits.

Ella 1_opt.jpg

Ella 2_opt.jpg
bizlate

Post by bizlate »

Beautiful Ella enjoyed her walk today with 2 humams to herself. Ella likes to try and pick up stones sometimes on walks (not sure if this is stress or if she thinks they are treasures), so today we gave her a tennis ball and she thought this was the greatest treasure of them all!
20171008_130746-480x480.jpg
20171008_125739-480x480.jpg

Ella is a little unsure of other dogs but her security blanket tennis ball helped her move on quicker today.
20171008_130749-480x480.jpg
20171008_184406-480x480.jpg
Ella absolutely loves her walks - tail up high and waggy. Her fans would love to see her walk out into her forever home :D
20171008_184254-480x480.jpg
20171008_130806-480x480.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”