Zola Boxer x DOB 2009 - 15th June 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Zola Boxer x DOB 2009 - 15th June 2022

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Originally posted Mon Jul 22, 2013 by xxlynne

Zola42.jpg
Our beautiful, funny, outrageous Zola went over the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon. We are broken hearted and there is a huge Zola size hole in our lives. She had been a bit poorly and waiting for tests - this morning she had deteriorated rapidly and we rushed to the vet. She had a massive build up of fluid in her chest and abdominal cavities and her lungs were half collapsed. She was so ill and distressed so we made the awful decision that we all dread.
She has made our lives richer and seen me through some terrible times. She was just the best girl who we'll love forever. 😭💔💕
Zola.jpg
Zola's Thread below:

Current Status Homed
Zola needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. Zola needs an dog experienced family to steer her into relaxing on her walks, retained on an extender lead. Zola is currently wearing a muzzle to allow her to settle around off lead puppies and small dogs as she was fascinated. ‘Only’ pet status. Zola adores people and is super affectionate: Visiting children we have no qualms. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Zola arrived into rescue in Ireland in Oct 2012. She shared a kennel with other dogs but saw a small dog and ran over to it as if it was a cat she was stopped but lost her rescue place and came to us where we could assure she wasn't given free licence to be off lead and make mistakes. Zola is neutered, chipped and vax'd. Zola is in boarding kennels in Guildford, Surrey.

About Zola:Zola (Budd) moves with grace and earnest. Zola is visually focused and delights in all she sees. When you are close, she is so close and loves nothing more than cuddles. You will have to be tolerant of kisses with Zola as she gives incessant kisses, with her heart bursting. Zola's best love is her toys and she loves to carry them around but is interactive. Zola has had many litters in her past. Zola travels well in a car and is a great companion. Ever so grateful sums Zola's personality up!

Zola is a pretty Boxer cross, about 6 years old. A beautiful bright beady eyes, dark brindle with docked tail. A very smart girl who is keen to please. Her only issue is she is fascinated by small furries, small dogs and cats. Zola has learnt to settle in their company by using a muzzle which allows her closeness without risk: Sadly this seems to stop an owner coming forwards...but what a fantastic girl Zola is SIMPLY the BEST! Zola needs sincere loving relationships to allow her to flourish. Special, special girl ..soooo special!

Visit Zola's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Zola43.jpg
Zola77.jpg
See Zola's Thread Below: Watch her progress through our Rescue
Original Referral Details: Zola has been in a Irish Rescue Centre since Oct 12 with no interest and the Rescue Centre cant afford to keep her indefinitely. We agreed to save her if we were given a few weeks that was 5 weeks ago and needs must we had to honour our commitment. We had bargained for time by agreeing to save another little Staffie Bob with her

Zola on arrival from Ireland
zola2.jpg
Zola5.jpg
Zola6.jpg
Zola7.jpg
Zola9.jpg
Zola10.jpg
Zola11.jpg
Zola12.jpg
Zola8.jpg
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Zola Boxer x DOB 2009 Chessington Kennels

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 by SarahK

Met Zola yesterday, she is lovely

Cutest face, as Lynne's post above I didn't manage to capture fully but here's a few where I tried !!!...

She walked with Elena yesterday and I loved the fact Zolas harness matched Elenas shoes !!!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 by SarahK

Still haven't managed to capture the true beauty of Zolas gorgeous squidgey little face, just the cutest :love4:
image.jpg
image (1).jpg
image (2).jpg
image (3).jpg
Gently taking a treat...
image (4).jpg
image (5).jpg
Lovely happy girl :)
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013
Zola.jpg
Zola1.jpg
Zola2.jpg
Zola making Vicky smile ...
Zola3.jpg
Zola3a.jpg
Zola4.jpg
Zola5.jpg
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 by Laura-94

First time walking Zola yesterday. She is lovely, very excited in her kennel, but doesn't pull at all on the walk. She was a little unsure about the stiles but very patient and she hopped through them all after a little thought. We visited the stream, which she loved and played around in for a little while. She regularly turns back to check on you and whenever you get down to her level, gives you lots of kisses! Back in her kennel, she enjoyed some Fish4Dogs 'Sea Biscuits'! (she was the only dog who I could persuade that they were yummy even though they stink of fish!)

Edited to say: we came across a Jack Russell on the other side of the fence by the cow field, who was barking at us. I think it just wanted to play but I couldn't be sure. Zola was interested, but she was very good and walked away from it when I asked her to.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 by SarahW

Got to walk Zola again last Saturday and I have to say this girl is really growing on me. After the first time I walked her I decided to title her "Zola the most affectionate dog in the World" because she is so happy to be going on a walk that she gives multiple kisses! love1

This time I again got multiple kisses and she really does have such a sweet, happy little face that you can't help but feel better for seeing her because of the greeting she gives you! Woo

The walk was just us so we set off along a very muddy path and a few times when it looked liked I might slip and come crashing down she looked genuinely concerned, mainly because it was a narrow path and she would of been in the fall-zone! We had a lovely walk and she is one of the easiest to walk dogs I have encountered.

I think she will make someone very happy as she is a lovely girl with so much love to give, here's hoping her forever home is not too far away.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 by Anne

Zola can be excitable around other dogs but she is making progress and found that Chase was a calming walking companion this morning. Louise walked Zola and while she was excited and jumping around initially, as Chase ignored her and got on with his walk she very quickly seemed to relax in his company and was as good as gold the rest of the walk.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 by xxlynne

Zola and I had a long walk today. I started off intending to take her for a run in the paddock but decided to walk instead...I had bought 2 tennis balls out and she was captivated and held one in her mouth the whole journey. She is learning to be calm around meeting dogs and she and Cyril said hello and walked on by. Stunning compact little Boxer cross girl, very affectionate and so tries to win affection at every turn and succeeds!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013by SarahW

Well I got to walk Zola on Saturday which hasn't happened for a while. I found her very easy to deal with. She was very excited to see me but was not as excitable as she was on first arrival. I found her to be more appropriate in her emotions if that is the right way of putting it.

So we got harnessed, she was very chatty whilst waiting for the others, she was keen to crack on! Laugh As usual though she was very friendly and happy. I even found her good with the other dogs on the walk which was not of been possible before so I feel she is becoming more her real-self.

She is a smiley happy dog who just loves people and would be a loving pet. She needs to be in a home where she can really part of a family
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 by Nina

Well little Zola well and truly stole my heart yesterday

When I went into her kennel she was so excited and I had taken a new toy with me - she adores balls and today I thought I would treat her to something new. But, stupid me gave her the toy and then tried to put her harness on. The problem being - the toy was very large, dumbell shape and I couldn't get the harness over the toy and her head Had anyone been watching they would have been in stitches, cos everytime, I managed to get it out of her mouth, she would grab it with her front paws - very clever!! - and then put her head right down so I couldn't get to her properly. Bless her - she was desperate to keep it and I just wanted her to drop it for a second! Anyway we got there in the end and the 3 of us (thats me, Zola and the new toy) went for a fabulous walk.

Here are the pictures which show how beautiful Zola is and how she loves her new toy, sorry they are not perfect - but she's a little bit wriggly. Oh and bless her she is not at all guardy over any of her toys - such a kind girlie.
zola.jpg
zola1.jpg
Zola is a young playful pup with the prettiest of faces and she is so affectionate. She really needs to be seen to appreciate what a lovely dog she is

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”