Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Heathfield

Dogs that have found their forever home
SarahW

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

I had such a lovely walk with Missy yesterday. She loved having puddles to splash through and brightened a what was gloomy day!

Missy is a big strong girl but she is responsive to her walker. She does pull on walks but I think in a home environment with regular walks this would soon settle. Once she does settle on walks with me it is slack leads and happy strolling. She loves to paddle in the stream and really enjoys every second of her walks.

She is a sweet girl who would love the affection and cuddles of a forever home.
Such a beauty
Such a beauty
Getting me some Missy cuddles!
Getting me some Missy cuddles!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Stu

Post by Stu »

I have walked Missie regularly for the past year now and have nothing but praise for her. Although she struggles in kennels which has affected her behaviour in the past I have proved that with regular walks and consistent handling she is perfectly manageable although a big strong dog. She responds to voice commands and walks well after the initial excitement of getting out of the kennels when she understandably pulls a bit. I have no doubt whatsoever that in the right home environment she would thrive and be a loyal and loving addition to the family.
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Great walk with Missie and Kim today! She was very keen to sniff every single scent in the frosty leaves and thoroughly enjoyed herself rolling and wriggling with great snuffly 'sound effects' in her favourite places! Missie is the original oversized teddy bear who is endearingly exuberant. She was absolutely angelic when 'mugged' by two large black labs who came up and had a good sniff at both ends - very impressive. She does like to get a move on, and after an hour's walk we'd barely taken the edge off her energy. Nevertheless, she was content to go back into her kennel and was really pleased to receive her sausage treats from both of us - she takes treats very gently.

I'm SO happy to be out in the sunshine!
I'm SO happy to be out in the sunshine!

I snort, snuffle and squiggle!!!! ... and pose!!
I snort, snuffle and squiggle!!!! ... and pose!!

Such a beautiful girl!
Such a beautiful girl!
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

We have had the pleasure of walking Missie for the last few weekends. She is a really great dog.
She is a lovely mix of staffie and lab. She seems pretty smart to me and I am sure she would be really trainable as she likes treats too. That was always going to be the way with a part Labrador

Given she is a a strong girl, she is pretty easy to walk and not a huge puller on the lead.
She is also really dog friendly. We recently bumped into a tiny little white dog and they just had a gentle sniff of each other and then looked like they wanted a little play. Sooo cute.

Anyway, I really look forward to our Missie walks and I think she is coming to know us now. She seems like a really loyal girl and interested in her human friends as she passes through on her walks.

A lovely girl.
A pretty, smiley girl.
A pretty, smiley girl.
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

We had another lovely walk with our very own Black Beauty today. Missie is such a good girl on our walks and so beautiful. So we had a little photo shoot...

Check out this beauty!
Missie43.jpg
Missie47.jpg
Hi everyone, look how beautiful I am. Glossy and gorgeous
Hi everyone, look how beautiful I am. Glossy and gorgeous
This is the one, serious and thoughtful. Strike a pose, there's nothin' to it,... vogue! X
This is the one, serious and thoughtful. Strike a pose, there's nothin' to it,... vogue! X
Missie41.jpg

Lots of love,
Missie Mooks
Xx
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

Greetings Missie fans
Apologies that Miss Missie's update is nearly a week late. My fault!

Last Sunday, we had our regular Sunday walk with little miss beautiful.
I can really see how she is benefitting from more regular walks and she was positively serene when we arrived to take her out for her fifth walk that week.

She definitely knows us now and is smart enough to know that when she sees us on a Sunday afternoon that it's walk o'clock for her. She gets all excited and meets us by her back gate.

This week, with the zen vibe in her kennel, she showed off her best 'sit' and allowed us to harness her in one second flat. Despite being excited, she sat on command and looked like a beautiful statue as we got her walking gear on.

The serenity also manifested in some lovely calm affection sharing. She gently leant up hubby's leg and allowed us to give her some lovely head rubs and quiet affection and strokes. And this is all before her walk when she would normally be sooooo excited. I think part of that change is that she knows us well now and that we are all about enjoying some calm, peaceful walks with her. It was heaven to share those few moments of real joy with her, you really connect with the dogs when they are relaxed and calm and looking into your eyes. It moved me, but I am doing a bad job of articulating how and why.

Anyway, so off we went on our walk. And Missie was good as gold, as ever lately and we even stopped to do a bit of obedience work. Here she is showing off not only how she can sit on a one word command (boom! Bum on the ground) but that she has patience too. No attempt made to snatch the treat etc whilst hubby fumbled around trying to get the photo...
Very patient...
Very patient...
Super smart and obedient. And food motivated, so potentially very trainable. Brains and beauty.
Super smart and obedient. And food motivated, so potentially very trainable. Brains and beauty.
Missie is growing in confidence and relaxation on her walks with us. Her posture is relaxed and self assured, but she also likes to look back and check we are both there. Especially hubby. He is her favourite.
She won't keep walking with me when he has to stop and pick up a 'parcel', she wants her pack to all be together. She is an affectionate and thoughtful girl. She would be very connected to a forever family I am sure. Something about her is very communicative (I don't mean barky. Never heard her bark), but her eyes and body language really communicate with you.

We really look forward to our time with her. Only two days away...

Here are a few more pics. Love you Missie girl!
IMG_0887.JPG
Smiley!!!
Smiley!!!
Sit. Oh ok
Sit. Oh ok
Got any more treats??? You know you want to share...
Got any more treats??? You know you want to share...
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

Yesterday it was a bit blustery and had been raining before our walk with Missie Moo.
This is Missie's ideal weather! Not because she necessarily like rain (though I bet she does), but because she likes PUDDLES!

She loves to veer over to one for a splash and a drink. She doesn't miss any out. I think that's because every puddle is a unique cocktail of deliciousness.
No two puddles have the same ingredients of course.

Missie's favourite puddle cocktail is the 'Gatwick Guzzler'. She says that you and your pets should try this yourselves at home....

Take one part muddy sediment, ten parts of fresh rain, three parts of tarmac run off and a splash of engine oil, then stir vigorously (not shaken) with four big Labrador/staffie paws and serve.
This can be served over ice in colder months.

Let Missie know what you think. She can also recommend suitable canapés to accompany any cocktail.
She is a very sophisticated lady.

Until next week Missie fans...
Mmmm cocktails. Less stroking please humans and more drinks!
Mmmm cocktails. Less stroking please humans and more drinks!
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

My Saturdays wouldn't be complete without a lovely long yomp with the gorgeous, infectiously cheerful Missie! We have quite the routine going and she's very smart. Missie knows it's walkies time and waits for us at the rear of her kennels. We harness her here as she's a big girl and she can bounce around us in lots of space with room for all. As we open her kennel run, Missie bounds out with such happiness and affection, you feel like an honoured guest. I usually hold the harness out as she greets us and this smart girl dances right in.

Then we do a little jig as she greets us both in turn while we're all fingers and thumbs clipping up. And then we're off! Over many weeks, Missie has proved boundlessly enthusiastic and interested in all that goes on. But she's taken much in her stride, from horses walking close by to off lead dogs and two very shouty GSDs behind a spindly fence. Although Missie might squeak and bounce a little in her interest, she's shown no malice, only curiosity and enthusiasm.

Oh and what a flirt she is! Missie loves male attention and goes all squirmy for a cuddle and biscuit from our boy walkers. She very happily hangs out as 'one of the girls' and looks round as if to laugh along with us, but she's quite a one for greeting men enthusiastically!

Missie doesn't realise how strong she is and her affection can be boisterous at times, but with frequent exercise, love, some patience and investment, she will blossom. She has the best parts of both her cross breed halves, the adoration and affection and intensity of a Staffie, the loyalty, connection and treat focus of the Lab. I adore her and she makes my weekend, but really deserves a home that will put her in the centre, allow her to blossom and gives all she has to offer.
Stu

Post by Stu »

We had a lovely day at the seaside with Missie today and although it is quite a time since we last took her she knew exactly where we were going. As soon as we went over the level crossing at Angmering she started to get excited and by the time we were on the road to the sea she was beside herself with excitement. She knows exactly which beach hut is ours and can't wait for the doors to be opened. We had two lovely walks along the beach with a break for a spot of lunch and a drink in between. Missie was very well behaved throughout despite there being lots of loose dogs of all shapes and sizes.
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

Missie had a lovely week last week with a nice amount of time out of kennels.
She was telling me that she had a lovely day out with Lynne and a trip to the seaside with Stu.
Somewhere in that time she has acquired a rather fetching new red collar with cute bone shaped studs on it. In fact she looked absolutely beautiful in the spring sunshine. Her beautiful black coat was all glossy and glamorous and she was quite the stunner as we walked her around town like proud parents.

She was ultimately very pleased with our timing. We had taken Zayla and Duke (Mr and Mrs scrummy Shar Pei) out over lunch, and she had spotted us earlier when we came to collect them. She was so keen to get out and knows that when we arrive it tends to mean it's 'her' time. Unfortunately she had to wait an hour while we were with the other two and I could hear her sad squeaks as we left.
However...
While we were out with Zayla and Duke it rained LOADS and really heavily. And that meant that by the time we went out with Missie Moo she got her favourites.... PUDDLES! Huge ones, everywhere, deep and fresh and splashtastic!

We posed for some photos in a couple below...

Missie is such a lovely dog. She has really taken to hubby. He is totally her favourite and she no longer even needs treats to get her to stand still while we harness her, she is just happy with some affection and cuddles from him. Yes, you read it right, to her he is better than food! Amazing.

Already can't wait to see her on Saturday. Hoping to take her home for a cup of tea for a while. love4.gif
I am in a lovely deep puddle!!!
I am in a lovely deep puddle!!!
Check out my new collar! Not that I could be more beautiful...
Check out my new collar! Not that I could be more beautiful...
I am so glossy and gorgeous and I know it
I am so glossy and gorgeous and I know it

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”