Biscuit Terrier x Shih tzu DofB 2013 Feltham

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Biscuit Terrier x Shih tzu DofB 2013 Feltham

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Biscuit.JPG
Biscuit's Story: Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a London council pound: Dog Warden found a lady had looked after him for 2 weeks but he was very concerned around her children as was snapping. Biscuit is nervous but rejoices in 'Good boys' and caring. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Biscuit is now neutered; chipped & vaccinated. Biscuit was in foster with 2 other dogs.

Biscuit is a cookie, a brandy snap! An opinionated boy with heaps of character. Biscuit adores dogs wants to meet; wants to play. Noisy in his play & can bond strongly protecting access to his friend with grumbling & teeth showing. Typical terrier takes himself very seriously & needs a sense of humour & an approach to allow him to loosen his attitude & subject changed so he relaxes again. Will chase people bikes etc given a chance so its it vital he isn't given a chance. Needs a terrier aware family with at least one other dog. Custard Cream

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Biscuit's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Biscuit82.JPG
Biscuit78.JPG
Biscuit58.JPG
Biscuit's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Adam asked us if we could help this little fella prepped for homing and to find his home.
Sarahk

Biscuit Terrier x Shih tzu DofB 2013 Chessington Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Biscuit popped over with Lynne post his day at the vets for his neutering - sweet little guy - it was lovely to see him respond to Lynne calling his name and running up the garden with a waggy tail towards her thumbs.gif
DSC02282 - Copy.JPG
DSC02251.JPG
DSC02248.JPG
DSC02250.JPG
DSC02282.JPG
DSC02281.JPG
DSC02257.JPG
DSC02256.JPG
DSC02258.JPG
waggy little tail :0)
waggy little tail :0)
DSC02259.JPG
DSC02269.JPG
DSC02261.JPG
DSC02253.JPG
DSC02278.JPG
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Milliemoo

Re: Biscuit Terrier x Shih tzu DofB 2013 Feltham Foster

Post by Milliemoo »

little Biscuit has come to stay while he waits for his family to find him.
I was expecting a nervous, snappy little boy when lynne dropped him off. so after he met the boys i popped him in the kitchen and was prepare to take things slow!
we took him for a walk to the shops and he trots along beautifully, but did try a chase a passing cyclist! but wasn't bothered by the busy traffic.
when we got back i warn my friend to be careful and not to rush him. But he made me look a complete liar and within minutes was sitting on her lap having cuddles and kisses!
15873388_10154950734691458_5191866410396716175_n (2).jpg
15895362_10154950734681458_7518176439861132383_n (2).jpg
He is so full of character and likes to tell you how hes feeling by having a grumble. especially when he's told "no" he likes to gives a bit of back chat! but does listen.
He's very similar to our Rudy and could nip if challenged and I've noticed when he gets excited he can grap your hand but he does calm down when told.
he's been great with the boys and follows Rudy everywhere!
Milliemoo

Post by Milliemoo »

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

What a gorgeous little boy love4.gif Surely Biscuit won't be with us long :crossfingers.gif: xx
Linda

Post by Linda »

Wow, lovely video of Biscuit playing with his foster playmate.....such fun! I can see him being reserved very soon....lovely boy xxx love4.gif
Milliemoo

Post by Milliemoo »

Biscuit is settling in and has made firm friends with our Rudy
Rudy has let Biscuit know quite firmly when he has overstepped the mark and Biscuit has learnt, and now they play lovely together.
He is very good around the house, likes to follow me around watching whatever I'm doing and he also loves to nick a sock when I'm doing the washing.
He loves he's walks and gets excited when he sees his harness! He will bark at passing people but I have been using treats to distract him!
He is nervous when meeting strangers but given time he does trust, and then he's the most affectionate little fella who loves cuddles!
15895160_10154971540956458_8645108991644232647_n (2).jpg
Milliemoo

Post by Milliemoo »

We took the boys out to Bushy park yesterday, Biscuit loved all the new smells and having a good run about with Rudy. He is a very easy boy to walk, no pulling and has never reached the end of the extender.
We clipped him in the back seat with Rudy and he travelled really well.
16265918_10154998177831458_5966223598987117102_n.jpg
cutie
cutie
Biscuit loves his food! and is never far away when anyone is eating
keeping an eye on charley's sandwich
keeping an eye on charley's sandwich
i'm not begging honest!
i'm not begging honest!
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Oh he's looking nice and relaxed and oh so cute :D
:thanks.gif: for giving him such a fun time x
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Linda

Post by Linda »

Lovely update on Biscuit, foster care with a resident dog really helps a rescue settle and recoup ready for their forever home. Great photos of this adorable fella. love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”