xxlynne

Lexi DoB 2008 Staffie Aylesbury Bucks

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Lexi
Lexi
Tessa
Tessa
Tessa & Lexi's Story : Owner being made homeless could not find anywhere for her 2 Staffies, so they were booked to be put to sleep. Rescue Remedies were approached & offered a Rescue place saving their lives. Tessa & Lexi are now neutered; are chipped and fully vaccinated. They came into our care on the 7th Dec 16 and was in Guildford boarding kennels sharing a kennel.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Tessa & Lexi's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Lexi & Tessa
Lexi & Tessa
Tessa Mum
Tessa Mum
Lexie89.jpg
Tessa
Tessa
Lexie with Tessa
Lexie with Tessa
Lexi Daughter
Lexi Daughter
Tessa21.jpg
Lexi & Tessa's progress through our Rescue below

Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 2.12.16: Hiya Lynne, I'm a veterinary nurse at a Vets in Essex. I have a client of ours who has her dogs booked in to be euthanized on Monday (5th December) at 1pm as she is being made homeless on Tuesday. She has tried multiple other rescue centres, but sadly she keeps being rejected as they are all full at this time of year. I have been asked If I could help, so I am wondering if you could possibly take them into rescue and find a foster or forever home (ideally together, but understand it's not always possible) as this is URGENT.

They are 2 entire female Staffies (mum and daughter), Tessa who is 10 White and Blue nose and Lexi who is 8 and Blue. Up-to-date with vaccinations. Good with other dogs on walks, but hasn't previously lived with any others.
Not good with cats as they usually try to chase them on walks. Both microchipped.

The owner has agreed to have them both spayed instead of being euthanized if a rescue space can be found. The lady's mother-in-law will be paying for either both neuters/euthanasia. The owner also has no way of transporting her dogs. Would you be able to help with this also? Would you be able to contact me as soon as possible please and I can let the owner know. If you have any other questions, or find that is easier to speak over the phone Thank you! Rosey SVN

Tessa & Lexi are being spayed on Monday and being held until Wednesday then coming into Gatwick Kenns
jules

Re: Tessa 06 & Lexi 08 Staffie pair Essex Vets

Post by jules »

Such a sad story but great turn around. Thank you Lynne
Chapmania

Re: Tessa 06 & Lexi 08 Staffie pair Essex Vets

Post by Chapmania »

How sad for the poor owner. :welcome.gif: to your new family Lexi and Tessa. Look forward to meeting you on Sunday xx
Debbie(tarakisha)

Re: Tessa 06 & Lexi 08 Staffie pair Gatwick Kenns

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Ali and I walked the lovely pair today. Beautiful ladies ...... they really don't look their age. Tessa took everything in her stride and Lexi was a little unsure, but totally understandable. Given time she will shine. Lovely, gentle girls love4.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Photos needed walkers please so I can share the lovely pair on FB pages xx :thanks.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Tim

Post by Tim »

Yves and Ben were just bringing these two friendly girls back after a very wet and muddy walk, yet despite all the rain they still were happy to have their photos taken, especially Tessa who has such a great staffie smile:
love4.gif
DSC02726.jpg
love4.gif

First off...Tessa
DSC02685.jpg
DSC02695.jpg
DSC02691.jpg
DSC02689.jpg
DSC02693.jpg
and now the gorgeous Lexi
DSC02705.jpg
DSC02728.jpg
DSC02709.jpg
DSC02719.jpg
DSC02715.jpg
DSC02696.jpg
DSC02721.jpg
DSC02724.jpg
Such sad circumstances as to why there with us but I'm sure it won't be long until they find there forever home
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
anne

Post by anne »

Louise and I walked this lovely pair this morning. We got a lovely welcome from them and they were both keen to be going out for a walk. Lexi seemed more confident of the two, full of enthusiasm and setting a fast pace up front. Tessa just seemed to want to be close to Lexi all the time. They are both very friendly and responsive and we all enjoyed a lovely walk through the woods.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Looks who were coming back from their walk today

Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Anne and I walked this lovely pair of ladies this morning. They are both coming out of themselves and were very pleased to greet us in their kennel. Once harnessed, Anne and I had a laugh doing that, as Lexi tried to walk under Tessa at the same time lol.gif we enjoyed a walk through the woods. Lexi is starting to connect with her walker which is a joy to see love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Ali and I had a lovely walk with this dynamic duo today. They are coming out of their shells and we can see their personalities emerge. Lexi is GO GO GO on her walk. She likes to be in front and is keen to get to wherever we are going! Tessa is happy just to be wherever Lexi is but is getting more independent. Sometimes they bumble along side by side, touching each other which shows their close bond. Lexi is getting more responsive and I noticed today that she was learning to wait as Ali climbed over the stile and was starting to look round at Ali and connecting more. Tessa is just a sweetie who seems to 'go with the flow'.
DSCF7340.jpgTL.jpg
DSCF7344.jpgTL.jpg
DSCF7348.jpgLT.jpg
DSCF7350.jpgT.jpg
DSCF7352.jpgL.jpg
DSCF7355.jpgL.jpg
DSCF7357.jpgLT.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”