Naturediet ?

Fred R

Naturediet ?

Post by Fred R » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:29 am

Ruby's brought up her breakfast (Naturediet) this morning. As it is the second time I'm wondering if Naturediet is to blame. I know there were problems with it some time ago but had hoped they had been dealt with. Is anybody else having problems feeding Naturediet at the moment?

Sarahk

Re: Naturediet ?

Post by Sarahk » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:31 am

I feed my weekenders naturediet.
No problems with them last few weekends, have been using the chicken one.
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Fred R

Post by Fred R » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:46 am

Relieved to hear that, Sarah. :thanks.gif:
Maybe just another blip. Ruby is fine, playful and cold nose but will keep an eye on her.

Fred R

Post by Fred R » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:06 pm

I wrote to Naturediet and have just had this reply. Will send them the batch details as requested.

I'm sorry you have concerns regarding one of our products. It would be very helpful if you could forward me the batch detail from the side of the white tray so that I can look into this further.

In regard to the glue , we do not use glue, the trays are heat sealed together so this would not contaminate the food in any way, yes they can be a little trough to open but as our food is natural and free of preservatives we do rely heavily on our seals to maintain the freshness of the food, not strong enough and we have ruptured seals and mouldy food.

gsdlover

Post by gsdlover » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:29 pm

I feed Roxie Naturediet....she has two pouches a day.....no problems with it as far as she's concerned. X

Fred R

Post by Fred R » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:32 pm

Had this further response and it seems Naturediet was not to blame.

Thank you for the batch details, I have looked at our QA records for this batch and I see nothing untoward , I have also checked our data base to see if anyone else has had any issue with this particular batch and again I have drawn a blank. . .

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:42 am

I've fed other dogs nature diet but it doesn't really agree with miko. I used to give him a third to a half in the evening along with kibble. He had an upset stomach after I gave him a bit extra one day. Might have been coincidence but I stopped getting it. His digestive system seems so much better now he is on James wellbeloved. He's not fussy and loves his kibble, as well as a bit of variety. With boring kibble he eats it slowly and doesn't normally finish a bowl in one go. I've bought him a lily's kitchen fish supper to try as a treat one evening. I'm going to talk to the vet about his joints and diet at the next appointment as he is getting a bit stiff. I don't think he is overweight. Barking heads was reduced in pets at home so I bought him 'fusspot' as it's good for joints and senior. He's not quite senior yet I don't think but a talked to the staff and as he is an akita he could probably start senior food a little bit early.
Rescue animals are not damaged they have just experienced more in life. If they were human we would call them wise.

Return to “Food, Diet, Nutrition & Recipes”