Ozzie Staffie DOB 10.09.2012 - 18.02.2016

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Ozzie Staffie DOB 10.09.2012 - 18.02.2016

Post by Rescue Remedies »

With a broken heart I announce we lost our beauty boy overnight. He had a tear on his back leg from a scuffle in the pack. Ozzie adored dogs and had to learn to give them space he was doing so well. Adam had him in the staff room and he was on antibiotics and painkillers. Adam found him this morning still wrapped in the duvet he had return to, after his drink of water last thing. He went in his sleep for reasons we will never know...
Ozzie.jpg
Ozzie run.JPG

Ozzie's post below:
Originally posted Wed May 07, 2014 by xxlynne
Homing Requirements: Ozzie is young and bouncy and needs a family who have the patience to calm him and offer him an active life style to bring his energy and new skills together. Rescue Remedies do not advocate our dogs are off lead, as they need support to ensure all off lead encounters are supported by their handlers. Ozzie would enjoy living with another dog or a visiting playmate. Unassessed around children. Lead plays initially coming out from the kennel.

His Story: Ozzie was found stray and was unclaimed. We have the very great pleasure in helping Ozzie find a stable family home. We have neutered, chipped and vax'd. Ozzie was kennelled in Broxbourne.

Advert: Ozzie is Wizzie! Ozzie is a smart dog who loves people, dogs and life. He is clean in his kennel as he can be, show delight whenever anyone entered and especially if they have a lead in their hand. Currently we use a chain lead and he gets so excited and can play with his lead. He does settle and is good in crowds and around in public. Ozzie travels well and waits in anticipation of the adventure. Enjoys the extent of the extender and off lead he runs creating the wind through his ears and the smile!

Interested in homing Ozzie?
Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire so we can match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available to foster until a 'forever home' is found.

Please visit Ozzie's thread on our forum to find out whether he is still available. For full details and daily updates on all our dogs available for homing, click our forum link. Ozzie is also featured on http://www.staffierescue.co.uk /

***PLEASE NOTE: Our mission is to find every dog in our care its forever home. Our Rescue requires a minimum £175 donation for each dog at the time of adoption. These funds allow us to continue to help homeless dogs.***

See Ozzie's Thread Below. Watch his progress through our Rescue.
Original Referral Details: Found stray ran out of time in the pound. 2 year old brindle Staff- appears good with other dogs- sweet and puppyish. Ozzie is an energetic brindle Staffie who wears his heart on his sleeve. A little over the top in the sense he is thrilled to see you, delighted to be out on his walks and has to say hello to everyone.
Ozzie comes into our vets for neuter tomorrow
Ozzie side fc.JPG
Ozzie st.JPG
Ozzie pant.JPG
Oz_Tia8.jpg
Rescue Remedies

Re: Ozzie Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

I met Ozzie yesterday, a little subdued and still recovering from his neuter op and getting used to his new surroundings in Gatwick kennels.
But we had a little wander with several cuddle stops so Ozzie could enjoy the sunshine and fresh air, he's a lovely gentle boy :)

Lie down and tummy rubs in the sunshine :)

Cuddles over, up to continue our walk...

Then stop again for cuddles !!!

Ozzies a lovely boy...

Hope his stay with us is a short one, would love to see him in a nice new home :love4:
Rescue Remedies

I met the lovely Ozzie today - well I say met, for a few seconds, then he met Tia and that was that, I was forgotten for the rest of the walk :D He had lots of play with Tia, got told off a couple of times but took it well, and seemed to be a very happy boy today. Walk very well apart from when Tia was off lead and he wanted to be in her company rather than mine :lalala: He does a great kangaroo impression when he wants to keep up with Tia, up on his back legs, Ozzie indeed :wink:

Rescue Remedies

walked this happy chap for the first time today - he might have been a bit subdued a few days ago but he certainly wasn't today - he was full of beans and raring to go :D

It took around 10 mins of him running around before he settled - once he had burnt off a bit of energy he walked very well on the lead not pulling at all.

someone has obviously spent time training him - sits for a treat and gives left and right paws too :)

At the end of the walk it was time for a big cuddle :)

Rescue Remedies

Love the pics, he's got such a lovely face and lovely expressive eyes :D

He enjoyed a paddle in the stream today...

Rescue Remedies

Ozzie and i enjoyed a lovely walk today - at times I did think Ozzie was crossed with a spring lamb as he did cute little lamb like excited jumps :D

and Ozzie was quite enamored with the lovely Joycee who arrived today...

Scrummy boy :D
Rescue Remedies

Ozzie was my companion on the charity walk today. He travelled well in the car; he tried to climb onto my lap, which obviously wasn't going to work, so we agreed on a compromise, and he spent much of the journey with him on the passenger seat and his little head resting on my leg! I also got my ear gently chewed, which was very sweet.

Ozzie is quite bouncy (those funny little kangaroo jumps mentioned earlier in the thread!) but is a friendly and affectionate boy and is good with people and other dogs. He's not so keen on horses and barked at the horses that passed us on the walk – maybe he had never seen any before if he's only two years old and came from a city?

On the way back we called in to a pub for a coffee and one of the pictures shows me and Ozzie in the pub. I did have to hold him still for the photo shoot as he was more interested in playing with Prudence, the dog that we bumped into in the pub with Staffie Levi and her friends.

Oz knows 'sit' and did so obligingly in order to get a piece of cheese.

Rescue Remedies

I had a lovey walk with Ozzy yesterday, really good boy on the lead and loved getting to know beautiful Bella :wink:

A lovely young lad who would be a great companion and am sure would love some home comforts :D
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

The lovely Ozzie showed off his dog skills today with a walk alongside Judy and Tia :)
Ozzie_judy2.jpg
Ozzie_judy.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I confess to a bit (well a lot !) of a soft spot for this gorgeous lad Ozzie :smiley-love014.gif:
So I jumped at the chance to walk him, he had a great time out in the sunshine with Ryan, and then I stole him away for some cuddle time in the shade of the paddock :cloud9.gif:
DSC02322.JPG
DSC02324.JPG
DSC02325.JPG
DSC02330.JPG
DSC02331.JPG
DSC02332.JPG
DSC02335.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”