Rowan Staffie DofB 09.05.08 - 08.05.21

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlisaxx

Re: Rowan Staffie DOB 09/05/2008 Godstone Kenns

Post by xxlisaxx »

I spent some time with Rowan yesterday and he is adorable. He had fun in the paddock having a run and of course a stretch and a roll. Karen walked passed with her dogs and they didn't phase Rowan at all..he was nose to nose through the fence and he wagged his tail and had a little sniff....x
IMG_20160312_115407.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Rowan is such a sweetie. He came out with me today. He likes to walk with other dogs and can be hesitant otherwise. In the paddock he is all cuddles. So love this boy. I said a sad goodbye to him today at Godstone and left him munching in the sun with a bone.
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

Rowan is such a sweetie. I do love spending time with him. He followed Honey out of the kennel block this morning and he was very keen to go off for a walk with her, winkwink.gif keeping close behind, eager for her company but at the same time both dogs very relaxed and respectful of each other.
DSCF5293.jpgRowan.jpg
DSCF5299.jpgRowan.jpg
DSCF5300.jpgRowan.jpg
DSCF5302.jpgRowan.jpg
DSCF5307.jpgRowan.jpg
DSCF5308.jpgRowan.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Rowan Staffie DOB 09/05/2008 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Rowan travelled today to the vets and had his 2nd vaccination. He travelled so well from kennel to kennel to kenne;l before a lighting at Guildford and he go such a warm welcome by Chris and Linda.
xxlynne

Re: Rowan Staffie DOB ?2007 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Rowan had his first walk out on the River Wey in Guildford today. Rowan met his friend Karen who cared for him in Godstone and his kennel friend Peppermint showed him the ropes. Rowan had a great time and we only had one little episode of his nerves when he will refuse to go further..Karen coaxed him while I kept walking and he was soon running to catch Peppermint up.
Peppermint & Rowan "Mates in the afternoon sun"
Peppermint & Rowan "Mates in the afternoon sun"
PeppermintRowanMar2.jpg
Hi yer Rowan
Hi yer Rowan
PeppermintRowanMar1.jpg
PeppermintRowanMar3.jpg
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

So Rowan is a big problem for me, he's everything I love about Staffies, it took all of my energy to put him back in his kennel. We went to the 'green run' together today and it was just like walking one of my own dogs. He ran around then was back at my side, rolled around, then back at my side, chased a safe stick, then back at my side, the joy of the person-centred bull breed love4.gif
600382_10153319054100563_3182730230570341671_n.jpg
1451963_10153319054155563_7914076190988413763_n.jpg
kashers

Post by kashers »

Met Rowan for the first time today. Gorgeous boy. Little bit nervous when I entered his kennel but we soon made friends. Went out of kennel run easily. We had planned to walk with Lizzie and her walker Amanda but unfortunately something spooked poor Rowan in the car park (I think the German shepherds in a van being a bit vocal maybe) and he didn't fancy walking. Anyway onwards and upwards and we went to the paddock. Well happy Rowan bounced around the paddock and then decided to show me his party tricks. These were very much like Mrs Ps video with his back rolls and paw. Very clever boy! I had a sit down and he came to join me and have cuddles and had a few face washes for me. He had his head buried in my arm and I thought aw bless he's being cuddly but the cheeky boy had his nose in my treats lol. He really is a little sweetheart who just needs his confidence building. So affectionate and loves cuddles and kisses. Hopefully I will manage to have a walk with him soon.
Dani

Post by Dani »

I met Rowan last Friday and we had a lovely cuddle in his kennel. Today I got a lovely greeting from him.Straight away as I got in he gave me his paw bless him.Very rare I get to sit on floor and put on a dogs harness.Rowan is very gentle,he pops his head through and off we went for play in paddock.Rowan had abit of a run around and rolling about for belly tickles.Most of all Rowan wanted to be cuddled,give lots of kisses and sat on my lap which was lovely.We attempted to walk 2 times and Rowan refused each time .Some field walking and I then asked kennels staff if I could have key for back gate which is quieter and less stressful for Rowan that's leads on to river and Rowan went on to really enjoy a lovely walk with a real spring in his step.Rowan appeared to be perfect around the few dogs we saw.A really sweet well mannered boy,I really hope he doesn't have to wait long as he is perfect. :smiley-love014.gif:
TJB

Post by TJB »

I had my first walk with Rowan today. Straight away, another one of my favourites! He is so gentle when putting on his harness and very loving.

We walked with Dani and Peppermint, he really enjoyed this. Whilst he appeared a little uneasy walking along the busy road, he was perfectly well behaved and sat when asked, while waiting for the traffic to pass. Once we were on the footpath he relaxed even more and and we all enjoyed a really lovely, long walk.

He is a little dreamboat, gentle, handsome and is very happy in the company of other dogs. I really will be keeping my fingers crossed this lovely boy isn't with us for too long.
JoJoPrice

Re: Rowan Staffie DOB 09/05/2008 Littlehampton W/E

Post by JoJoPrice »

Picked up Rowan today for the weekend foster, we tried to have a walk with Laura & Struan but Rowan became nervous and scared and wouldn't go any further. We then went the back way through the gate and we walked for a little bit then he stopped again and wouldn't budge.
He was a dream in the car, at one point I thought he wanted to be in the drivers seat as he just wanted to be near me.
Arrived at home and he was very calm, having a look round, into the garden to have a smell ...... He laid down in the conservatory for a while in the sun and now he is snoring next to me on the sofa (he has most of it) he got bored with my tv choice.

Will re-size the photos and get them on here. He is such a calm, laid back boy who is so loving and cuddly.

Looking forward to our adventures together xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”