Hello from Deborah and Andrew

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
Deborah

Hello from Deborah and Andrew

Post by Deborah » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi, I do occasionally volunteer for rescue remedies and I'm on this forum quite a bit so thought I should officially introduce myself. I got to know rescue remedies when my sister stared fostering for rescue remedies a couple of years ago. She fostered Sophie, Diva and chuck. Who remembers them? Then she moved out of our parents house while I was at uni and when I moved back to our parent towards the end of the course I fostered Dixie and was one of the first walkers in Guildford when RR started using the kennels. We (me and Andrew) would walk every Wednesday and it was quite hard as there weren't many walkers at that time. I am very pleased that there are now lots of walkers and the dogs as a result are much happier. I was going to foster for 3-4 months when I had a lot of time off and was doing my dissertation but, because Dixie wasn't homed I fostered her for 6 months until I got a job and moved into a rented flat in summer 2014. I always thought Dixie would be homed before I started working but she wasn't so Dixie had to go back to kennels and I took her for the odd weekend when I visited my parents. It was a long journey for her but I am very happy that she has now found a lovely home and I keep in contact with her new owners. After she was homed we had Miko out for 2 weekends last summer (2015). Then he was homed. Then we got Zola out for a couple of weekends. Then Miko was returned so now we can't decide who to take out when we visit Guildford. I now also do a couple of the RR twitter accounts, terrierrescue and ambullrescue becasue due to work I can't be as involoved in the dogs. I am very glad I am involved in rescue remedies. When we moved to wycombe we started walking dogs for stockenchurch dog rescue but it wasn't the same as rescue remedies because they didn't trust the volunteers enough to let us take a dog out in the car for a bit of variety, there are some great walks just a short car drive away. It's a very good rescue but I much preferred volunteering for rescue remedies because it is more like a family and the other rescue is more like a business.
Rescue animals are not damaged they have just experienced more in life. If they were human we would call them wise.

Tim

Re: Hello from Deborah and Andrew

Post by Tim » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi, Your spoilt for choice with Zola and Miko, they're both lovely dogs.
Tim
ps: I'm slowly finding my way around twitter thumbs.gif
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

Milliemoo

Post by Milliemoo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:25 pm

Hi Deborah
i was reading the staffie forum after the death of my Millie and saw your sisters posts about chuck needing a foster place. A few days later sarah dropped him off and we had the pleasure of his company for a month before he got his forever home :D always remember him fondly as he was our 1st foster and holds a special place in our hearts love4.gif
The latest pic of him taken about 6 months ago
image.jpeg

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Chuck was such a sweet boy, so pleased you could take him so he didn't have to go back to kennels again.
Rescue animals are not damaged they have just experienced more in life. If they were human we would call them wise.

nina

Post by nina » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:11 pm

I always love reading your posts and you were fantastic for Dixie, thanks for all you do xxx

Return to “Introduce Yourself”