Bertie JRT DOB 2013 Horley

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Bertie JRT DOB 2013 Horley

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Bertie30.jpg
Bertie needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Bertie was found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Bertie's life. Bertie is now neutered, chipped, has a passport and fully vaccinated. Bertie is in foster sharing with 4 other Jack Russells in Horley near Gatwick

Bertie has arrived in Rescue as a cowering terrier who was scared of his own shadow. Bertie has taken a lot of confidence from his foster pack and shone out as his little character begins to enjoy home life. Bertie loves to lounge on furniture and is alert to passersby. He travels well in a crate within a car and has even share a crate on the very long night journey to South France and back. Bertie can still flinch for example when a ball thrower is used but is with each day learning to trust and learning to share. Bertie can be left within a pack for spells during the day when his humans are out. Bertie adores other dogs company and has obviously lived with other dogs before. Bertie needs to homed with at least one other dog.

Visit Bertie's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Bertie2.jpg
Bertie19.jpg
Bertie36.jpg
Bertie05.jpg
Bertie's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: 25.1.16 And new boy Bertie - handsome terrier found on a traveller's site. He is a sweet dog but is very scared and anxious of everything. He's coming out of his shell a little with but is still withdrawn around people in and out of kennels. He is happier when out with other dogs, has been out on walks with others and seemed to perk up Any possibilities please let me know asap
Bertie.jpg
Bertie1.jpg
Tim

Re: Bertie JRT DOB TBAss Swindon pound comes ?5th

Post by Tim »

looks similiar to our Ralphie, bless him....looking forward to hopefully meeting Bertie very soon
Tim
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Chapmania

Re: Bertie JRT DOB TBAss Swindon pound comes ?4th

Post by Chapmania »

What a gorgeous boy Kiss of love.gif xx
Tim

Re: Bertie JRT DOB TBAss Swindon pound comes ?4th

Post by Tim »

Rachel and I popped over to Godstone this morning to photograph the new arrivals, Zoe was walking past the paddock and said she had Bertie but he was very nervous.

Rachel popped out to say hello and when I looked over Bertie was literally in the bushes trying to hide he was that scared!

We eventually took Bertie into the paddock where he sat on Rachel's lap looking very unsure of what was going on, to be honest it wouldn't have been any good trying to take photos of Bertie his demeanor was very anxious. although he did perk up slightly when another dog walked past, after a quick conversation with Lynne we decided to bring Bertie home with us for the night.
He travelled well sitting on Rachel's lap, I jumped out the car and nipped in doors to harness up our four, all four were quite vocal when they first saw Bertie , he just looked away.

After a half hour walk we all went indoors, we put Bertie in the back room and put in the stair gate. That way we could see Bertie and vice versa and our four could safely say hello without too much trouble. After an hour Rachel mentioned that that when I walked back in the room his tail wagged, progresss!!.
Below is a short video of Bertie less than 2 hours after arriving. He certainly perked up just within a few hours of being here. I took out two boys out for a walk and he freely mixed with the two girls. The boys are ok with him (Ralphie desperately want to play) but were conscious of the fact he was only neutered a few days ago and we didn't want to risk his stitches coming out.

Whilst out with the boys, our daughter took a couple of photos of Bertie and our Poppy with Rachel, he wasn't too sure of the flash going off so decided to stop but he's a lot more comfortable around us now than earlier in the day. Bertie has just finished off a bowl of chicken & rice and is currently lying at my feet whilst I type this. Hopefully tomorrow I get more photos and a nice video too.
untitled.jpg
untitled-2.jpg
Last edited by Tim on Sat 06 Feb 2016 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

Chapmania

Re: Bertie JRT DOB 2013 Godstone Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

Poor little Bertie to be so scared. Huge :thanks.gif: to both Tim and Rachel for taking him home overnight to give him some much needed TLC. I dread to think what this poor little boy has been through xx
gsdlover

Re: Bertie JRT DOB 2013 Godstone Kenns

Post by gsdlover »

Bless his heart....Bertie has really played on my mind since I left earlier love4.gif

So glad he's got some quality time with you both.....thank you. Xx
Tim

Re: Bertie JRT DOB 2013 Horley Temp Foster

Post by Tim »

Well what was an overnight stay for Bertie has turned into a weeks stay (at least). thumbs.gif

Bertie spent literally all of yesterday (Sunday) asleep in his bed, he ventured into the lounge when the sun came out and spent the morning with our four. At the moment he's not that keen to go out, he goes into the garden, does his business and then straight back in.
I can confirm Bertie so far is house trained, sleeps through the night, albeit with Rachel to cuddle, he didn't appear phased by the hoover and we both noticed he listens to the sounds on the tv. Bertie was very submissive to us on the first day but this morning his tail is up when he goes out (in between sleeping) and he's slowly getting use to us. He's very respectful of our four and vice versa.

Our daughter is absolutely smitten with him :smiley-love014.gif: - In fact were all smitten with him and that includes the dogs too!

Oh yes, he loves cheese, I gave him a very small piece and when I was coming back with a second piece his whole body was wiggling with excitement :D
A short video taken yesterday morning and first thing this morning.

untitled-16.jpg
untitled-11.jpg
untitled-12.jpg
untitled-8.jpg
untitled-15.jpg
They could almost be brothers;
untitled-7.jpg
All five enjoying the sun;
untitled-10.jpg
A couple from Saturday;
untitled-3.jpg
untitled-6.jpg

jules

Re: Bertie JRT DOB 2013 Horley Foster

Post by jules »

Oh my goodness me! Gold medals for you all ,canine and humans. I am almost speechless and choked up. :goodjob.gif: sign_omg.gif
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Me too Jules. What wonderful photos and to see how Bertie is now reacting is gorgeous. Tim and Rachel, your daughter and your lovely dogs a very heartfelt THANKS for showing this gorgeous little man that life can indeed be happy and good. xxx Kiss of love.gif :smiley-love014.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Thankyou Rachel and Tim, a priceless experience for him :thanks.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”