Bridey Staffie DOB 1.4.12 Tonbridge Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Bridey Staffie DOB 1.4.12 Tonbridge Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Bridey77.JPG
Bridey needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Bridey was handed in with her 2 companions in a neglected state due to her owner terminal illness. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Bridey's life. Bridey is now spayed, chipped and fully vaccinated. Bridey was in boarding kennels in Chessington.

Visit Bridey's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Bridey86.JPG
Bridey5.jpg
Bridey2.jpg
Bridey's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Hi, I recently spoke to you about the 3 dogs currently being neglected due to the owner having terminal cancer.
I spoke to the dog warden and sent her over the attached pictures and brief description of them.
Bidey51.jpg
Bidey50.jpg
Hopefully she will be picking the dogs up Monday and I will have confirmation of this as soon as she receives my email.

All three dogs are in need of being seen by a vet, especially the mum and the older boy but temperament wise they are all lovely, sweet natured dogs.

I hope this is all ok? Kind Regards N
• Bridey is a female White and Brindle Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
• She is Microchipped, Unsure on neutered status and she is unvaccinated.
• She is good with cats, other dogs and children of all ages. Grown up with 2 other Staffies
• She is not food aggressive.
• She has a typical hyperactive Staffie temperament and she does mouth people playfully[/color]
Chapmania

Re: Bidey Staffie DOB 1.4.12 East London Pound comes soon

Post by Chapmania »

What a little sweetheart. Welcome to the family Bidey bighug.gif xx
xxlynne

Re: Bridey Staffie DOB 1.4.12 New Malden Temp Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Bridey travelled today around the M25 to our vets. Bridey was spayed, and commenced vaccination. Bridey is already chipped. She loved meeting up with her 2 companions in the dog mobile and shared about 30 minutes together in the paddock. We then travelled to Liz and Michele's...the Eastwaygang. She immediately met Lola who was in the hall and greeted her into the house ; nose to nose a hiss from Lola and Bridey read it and walked away to be the centre of attention of the family. Here is Bridey with Podge & Bubber her longterm companions
EastwayGang

Post by EastwayGang »

Bridey has come to stay with us while she recovers from her spay operation. She is a teeny tiny little thing! Honestly, Lola the cat is not much smaller than her! Bridey was remarkably chipper after her operation and didn't settle down until well past 9pm. The house has been well investigated and everything sniffed. She feels a little lost at the moment - I think she is missing her big brother/sister. She's a very affectionate girl and keen to get on laps and snuggle up. We're looking forward to spending the weekend getting to know her!
EastwayGang

Post by EastwayGang »

Tiny girl in her bed!
Tiny girl in her bed!
Beautiful Bridey! She is currently having a little snooze but has had a busy couple of days.

A weekend with us is never quiet - busy family home, cat to contend with, in and outs, ups and downs, noise and rough and tumble. Bridey is a little dog whose world has turned upside down recently. So all credit to her that she has coped with our chaos beautifully.

She is definitely, 100%, without a doubt cat proof. So much so that I have left her off lead with Lola in the kitchen - keeping an eye on them obviously. Bridey just doesn't go near, not even when Lola hisses or growls. She also leaves Lola's food alone even when it's left on the floor.
Bridey is also great with children. She's such a little girl that it's very easy for the children to feel comfortable with her, and she is obviously used to children and the noise etc involved. Yesterday when they left for school she was most upset and scratched at the front door to see if she could get them back. Ditto when they went to bed last night, she wanted to go up the stairs to find them again.
She's quite anxious on her own, but given how much change she's had to deal with recently I think that's to be expected. She was quite restless the first night but last night slept very nicely in her bed (which is in our room) all night.
Bridey 2.jpg
Bridey 3.jpg
We think Bridey may not have had a lot of walks in busy areas. She wanders off the pavement on occasion and gets startled by odd noises - a house we walked past with building work being done, and she found them moving some heavy planks alarming. A cement mixer similarly gave her a start. She loves having a good sniff of everything as she walks - everything is interesting and new.
Who wouldn't fall for that face...!
Who wouldn't fall for that face...!
Bridey 5.jpg
Bridey is a real sweetie. She needs some love, and someone to show her the way - don't think she's had much training as she doesn't know "sit" etc. But that's a small thing and something she can easily be taught. The things that really matter - her character and temperament - are rock solid. And she's super cute!
Polpat

Re: Bridey Staffie DOB 1.4.12 Chessington Kenns

Post by Polpat »

So lovely that Bridey spent some quality time in foster and everything that has been said about her is 100% accurate - she is a really dinky little staffie but with a BIG heart and SO much love to give! She wrapped herself around new walker Liz and is just so full of affection and very endearing with it. She had little bursts of energy on her walk but doesn't really pull, and, unsurprisingly seems to love the company of other dogs around her. She was a little intimidated by some horses in a field we passed but happy to introduce herself and was unfailingly polite.
It was a really damp miserable day so the the photos just don't do her justice - Bridey is very cute looking with her chic black eye patch - and really tiny in size although she doesn't look it in the photos. Despite being down on her luck lately, Bridey is upbeat and has many many skills and an all round lovely girl Kiss of love.gif
Wow...they are BIG!
Wow...they are BIG!
Drying off in the car after her walk!
Drying off in the car after her walk!
EastwayGang

Post by EastwayGang »

I really wanted to get a picture of Bridey with Lola the cat just to prove my "100%, bullet proof" claim. Unfortunately that proved rather tricky as Bridey really and truly is just not that into Lola...! Anyway, these rather blurred shots are the best I could do.

Sunday afternoon my dad invited us all round for supper and Bridey came too. Another star for this super trooper! New house, small flat so up close to everyone, three new people (my dad, my brother and his girlfriend) and Bridey was a good as gold. She curled up on the floor while we had dinner and then charmed my brother's girlfriend with her beautiful face and soppy smile. Bridey definitely has a smile!
And she travels very well in the car - she went on quite a few car trips over her stay with us, sometimes with someone in the back with her (usually one of the girls) but Monday when I dropped her back at Chessington it was just us two and she was a very good girl. Sat down, no noise, no fuss, just sitting.

Before we left for Chessington I wanted her to have a quick wee so took her into the garden. Shock! Horror! The grass was wet. She did make me laugh! She did a funny sort of dance come "walk on the grass without touching it" routine, but only a few steps into the garden and then back on the patio. Madame was not keen on muddy paws...!

Bridey is a lovely little thing and I really hope she finds someone to give her the love she deserves.
Bridey2.jpg
Bridey1.jpg
Juliep

Post by Juliep »

Had the pleasure of walking this beautiful little girl today...glorious sunshine and a lovely waggy tail and smiley staffy face! What could be better. She was really fabulous with the dogs - Elfin, Jade and Mario walking with us and a few other dogs meandering around off lead during our walk. She is very enthusiastic and looks back just to "smile" at you. She also does a lovely sit and paw and takes her treats very gently. She does mouth the lead a little but I think that was due to me chatting and stopping and she was just letting me know I needed to keep walking...after all so much to see and sniff!

Lovely cuddles when we got back and she posed for some more photos which I am sure are as adorable as she is.

A truly gorgeous little girl...looking forward to walking her again soon...though would be even more delighted if she finds her new home before then!
John

Post by John »

I met Bridie today and what a treat it was. What a winning personality this little girl has! She is a happy little thing with a very waggy tail and pinned back lugholes. She was a joy to walk and one of the nicest dogs I have met (don't tell Kyla). A dinky, dainty little girl. love4.gif
Polpat

Post by Polpat »

Bridey is one of those dogs who makes you smile because she has a truly winning smile herself and she uses it to charm everyone - clever girl. From feeling a little vulnerable when she arrived she is now more confident and full of joy and despite the upheaval in her life has a really positive air about her and seems to be enjoying life. Bridey really is a girl with an impressive list of attributes being super duper friendly and loving, adores other dogs, unbothered by cats and just a wonderful perfect staffie love4.gif
Bridey also thinks she is a lap dog - which she very nearly is being so petite - as when I sat on a bench she clambered on my lap and enjoyed cuddles and being held and told she is the most important girl in the world Kiss of love.gif
Yes I do fit on your lap@
Yes I do fit on your lap@
I have so much love to give
I have so much love to give
I have a beautiful smile
I have a beautiful smile
I'm so cute and funny
I'm so cute and funny

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”