Astra Red Fell Terrier DOB 2013 Gravesend Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Astra Red Fell Terrier DOB 2013 Gravesend Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
Astra1.jpg
Astra needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Astra was was handed in to a local vets, the “finder” became aggressive when they asked questions such as his details and where found. He ended up running out of the vets without leaving details so probably the owner. She was also just before Christmas and believed to have had puppies so dumped when no longer of purpose. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Astra's life. Astra is now neutered, chipped and begun vaccinations. Astra was in Chessington Kenns

Astra was a little love in the pound, so sweet although slightly hand shy and will flatten to the ground if she thinks a hand is being raised against her. She’s been out with an elderly JRT Skip below with no problems.

Visit Astra's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.

Astra's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: 11/01/2016 Hi all, We still have the first three (includes Astra) on the list of 7 from early December so these are desperate now. Please let me know if can help asap as they are under serious threat.

We have no history on any of them Equally not had any problems with them All healthy as far as we know. Many thanks and best wishes, Ali Dog warden
Astra.jpg
Female terrier x 3-5 years old? Appears to have puppies. Sweet girl but probably been hit as flattens to the ground if thinks someone is raising a hand. No issues. [/color]
Chapmania

Re: Astra Red Fell Terrier DOB 2013 Swindon Pound comes 21st

Post by Chapmania »

Bless her little heart. Safe now little one. No need to be frightened with us Astra. bighug.gif xx
kashers

Re: Astra Red Fell Terrier DOB 2013 Swindon Pound comes 22nd

Post by kashers »

Gorgeous girl x
xxlynne

Re: Astra Red Fell Terrier DOB 2013 Chessington Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Astra came into our care today. She was spayed and has already begun vaccinated, been wormed and advocated. Astra is very sweet half the size I imagined her to be 7 kilograms. Astra will be a big hit with our volunteers. She travelled well in the travel crate on both long journeys.
Polpat

Post by Polpat »

image.jpg
Well this little girl is just the bees knees! Bless her, she has known some unkindness in her life and is fearful of sudden movements around her - not at all agressive - but freezes and sometimes or cowers on the ground. But out walking, she is VERY happy and walks beautifully on a totally loose lead. Like lots of young girls, she is partial to a little splash of scent - but her favourite is the foxy variety which she doesn't so much as splash on, as wallow in...mmm but she stopped as soon as she was asked! She seems totally relaxed around other dogs, and walked very harmoniously with new staffie Bridie - in fact she would loved to have played with Bridie I think. Very gentle girl and a pleasure to walk.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Astra came out today for a walk with Will & Adelle. She was very comfortable in their company walking with only one session when Will approached her face on and she froze and sweetly showed her teeth and a little air nap: Will read her very well and didn't go further and gave her a little space and they were soon mixing together.

Back at the kennel they were both off lead. Astra is under the weather as she was spayed on Monday. Astra was looking to find an emotional support which she found with Jasmine, Will's owner. You can see how relaxed Will looked, ofcourse he is a homed and loved dog. Astra is just finding her way in a new setting. Astra was generally accepting of Will but put him in his place if he was too intrusive...its true to say she was wary but we sensed she would in time settle with another dog

AstraWill3.jpg
AstraWill1.jpg
AstraWill4.jpg
AstraWill2.jpg
JasminJRT

Post by JasminJRT »

It was an absolute pleasure to walk the two girlies today. Astra is absolutely gorgeous, she has a lovely temperament, all she needs is some love, and time to settle in. She'll have a forever home in no time :smiley-gen132.gif:
Fran

Post by Fran »

Well I met Astra today and she certainly looked a different dog to the one I saw in the video above, and you will see in the video I took today. She must have been under the weather as she had a spring in her step today. She was a bit worried if I made a sudden movement, but was a happy girl. She was happy to meet Bridey who we walked with and a puppy that came over and said hello. I fell hook line and sinker for this girl she has a lot of love to give. Easy to walk on lead never pulling hard.
IMG_3623.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG
Linda

Post by Linda »

Wow......gorgeous girl. What a difference it has made to her body language since she was rescued by R and R. This beautiful dog reminds me of my female terrier when I first adopted her 15 years ago.....love and kindness makes all the difference. I have a feeling she won't wait long to find her forever home. Kiss of love.gif
LizS

Post by LizS »

Astra is a pleasure to walk, she's such a happy girl, her little tail never stopped wagging. She did get a bit nervous at times so just needs lots of love! Forever home please :D
IMG_0188.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”