Alfie (Champ) Staffie DOB 2011 Bexleyheath Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Alfie (Champ) Staffie DOB 2011 Bexleyheath Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Champ77.jpg
Champ needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Champ was found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Champ's life. Champ is neutered, chipped and under going vaccination. Champ is in foster in Reading as an only pet.

Visit Champ's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Champ46.jpg
Champ34.jpg
Champ's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Hi Lynne, I was wondering if it was possible if you could help me again;
I have a large four year old staffie on my hands at the moment.
He has got a lovely nature.
He is in good health.
He has shown no aggression to men or women. Obviously we don’t have the facilities to test with children. Mx
Champ.jpg
Champ5.jpg
Champ94.jpg
CoraMc

Re: Champ Staffie DOB TBAss Winchester coming this week

Post by CoraMc »

Your little life just got safer and better, lovely boy. You're already loved and have a big caring family!!
Sarahk

Re: Champ Staffie DOB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Champ was champion today :biggrin.gif:
He walked with Charlie and a new walker Len and was a very good boy :)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
VAL

Post by VAL »

What a lovely gentle nature Champ has. He was very patient while I harnessed him today and walked easily alongside Roscoe, no pulling but interested in all the sights and smells of his new surroundings. He is a good-looking leggy Staffie, not too keen on getting his feet wet but takes everything in his stride. We met people, dogs, horses and vehicles and he didn't react adversely to anything. I would like to think he will be around so I can walk him again but I would much prefer that he found a permanent loving home. :please.gif:
Yvesboz

Post by Yvesboz »

Met Champ today..
As mentioned in a previous post a very gentle and responsive fellow. Very keen to please you!!so easy on the lead just amasing. He will react and stop as soon as you pull the lead and change direction in the same manner, wait for you while going down a slope..
A heart of gold!!
Yes he likes to keep his feet dry ..Can't blame him as it does get very muddy and wet around the kennels. It certainly does not stop him carrying on walking and following you.
Does respond to the basic commands and I can feel he could be taken a lot further...
Will definitely make a family complete.
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Champ1.jpg
I walked Champ for the first time this morning, everything that has been said he lived up to and more. I was told I'd really love Champ and it didn't take long before I saw why :biggrin.gif:

As soon as I entered his kennel he ran and fetched his rope toy and very politely asked me if I wanted to play a game of tug. How could I possibly resist such an offer!? Champ was very patient while I faffed around adjusting and finding a nice-fitting harness for him. So patient that he decided to pop his paws up on my shoulders and shower me in kisses. How very forward of him, we'd only just met! He really likes to be told he's a good boy :smiley-gen132.gif: Very cuddly boy that in a short time showed he loved human company, a real softy bighug.gif

In terms of walking he was just as has been said before. Very easy to walk and rarely if ever reached the full length of the lead. He liked to look back
for a bit of reassurance but generally walked with a lot of confidence with a nice high and bouncy tail all the way through. He definitely doesn't like the mud and puddles, I think he maybe hates them more than Sydney does :shock: He was very calm when we were passed by a van, he took my direction to head off to the side of the road very well. As Yves said, he seems to have all the basics there.

One funny moment near the end of our walk. I took some water out with me in preparation for a long walk with Heidi later in the day. Champ has a little cough right now and it started up so I got my water out to let him have some. As I was pouring some into my hands for him he decided it'd be better to just go to the source. He started suckling straight from the bottle :lol:
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Champ is such a teddy bear :biggrin.gif: Again invited me to play when I went into his kennel and gave my face and ears a good clean. He sits and gives paw very well and takes his treats very gently. We walked with Jaffa, Jonson and Tizzy and Champ lived up to his name, he walked so well with them all. He seemed very proud of himself when he found a big stick (more like a log!) and decided to bring it along for a little while before losing interest.

Champ is just so so friendly and easy to get on with :smiley-gen132.gif:
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

ChampDec1.jpg

Champ had his 1st vaccination today they a lovely play in the paddock. If one word sums Champ up its GENTLEMAN

ChampDec2.jpg
ChampDec3.jpg
ChampDec4.jpg
ChampDec6.jpg
ChampDec7.jpg
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Third time meeting Champ and the third time I've been given an enthusiastic face wash by him :biggrin.gif:

We met a few dogs today. A Yorkie had a bit of a bark, no reaction from Champ. Two off-lead Retrievers a little distance away and Champ wasn't bothered. Then a man jogging with his two Spaniels, Champ was a little more interested in them but was still very well behaved. Good boy!

He does seem to be a bit scared of puddles poor thing. I stood in a few to show him that they weren't so scary and he had a little sniff to investigate but gave me a look as if to say "Surely you don't think I'm coming in there with you?".

Lovely cuddle monster bighug.gif Hopefully it won't be too long before he has his own family to cuddle with :crossfingers.gif:
Fred R

Re: Champ Staffie DOB 2011 Reading Temp Foster

Post by Fred R »

The Champ-ion has arrived for a week's break from kennels.
Having demolished a whole portion of Turkey&Rabbit Naturedient plus some chicken pieces and drinking for England he helped himself to a new indestructible toy.
champ1aa.jpg
He then moved onto the indestructible Kong and chomped on a tennis ball.
champ2aa.jpg
Next the Nylobone who will no doubt be meeting its maker in the not too distant future.
champ3aa.jpg
Result of half an hour's work foxes_295.gif
champ4aa.jpg
Giving his jaws a well-deserved rest.
champ5aa.jpg
Butter wouldn't melt.
champ6aa.jpg
As Lynne has said, he is a GENTLEMAN. Didn't beg at all while I had my humble meal.

Needless to say there have been countless ear, face and hand washes.

Champ is just the most gorgeous and loveable dog. :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-gen013.gif: :smiley-gen014.gif:
Last edited by Fred R on Sun 03 Jan 2016 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”