Emily Staffie DOB 02.2015 Exeter Devon

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarahk

Re: Emily Staffie DOB 02.2015 Godstone Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Emily is definitely a live wire but as per Anne's note, with hand signals, she did calm down on her walk and such an improvement from last week when she first arrived.
Emily is so full of love she's bursting to tell you and love you bighug.gif

Great time in the paddock, she likes to run but she likes to cuddle up more :smiley-gen132.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
And of course kisses Kiss of love.gif
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Emily is a total sweetheart. She has made huge progress with her manners, jumping less, listening more and focussing more on her walk, checking back with you regularly. As I said before she is a bright girl and just needs firm and kind handling. She so wants to please and have attention and cuddles.
We had a lovely long walk this morning, Emily enjoying sniffing and investigating. She is excellent around other dogs and horses, taking her cue from you BUT it is when you give her fuss and cuddles she shows what a sweet and loving girl she is. She melts in your arms. Kiss of love.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Emily is a bundle of pure love and affection. She has some slight nerves about her but trusts ever so easily. All she wants is cuddles, cuddles and more cuddles. This lovely little girl stops every minute or so just so she can have more cuddles. She does get over zealous in her quest for cuddles but if you tell her down / sit and don't give her cuddles until her bottom is on the floor, she soon gets the message. We sat on the bench for ages together, she relaxed, calmed down and gave me the gentlest face licks. Had a good bark at pablo through the fence, then it was bentleys turn to get barked at.......yet as soon as we left the paddock and she was face to face with Bentley, her tail wagged and she wanted to play!!! Emily is a sweetheart, she's young and needs to learn a few manners but this will come with time and a little training. She really is a lovely little girl Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

EmilyGillespie02.jpg
EmilyGillespie03.jpg
Emily had her 2nd vaccination today and was thoroughly checked over by our vet and got the clean bill of health. Just 10 months old and she is the expresso puppy. She had a wonderful play with Gillespie in the paddock entertaining SarahW & myself Emily is fully recovered from spay.

EmilyGillespie01.jpg
EmilyGillespie04.jpg
EmilyGillespie05.jpg
EmilyGillespie06.jpg
EmilyGillespie07.jpg
EmilyGillespie08.jpg
EmilyGillespie09.jpg
EmilyGillespie10.jpg
EmilyGillespie11.jpg
Rummibailey

Re: Emily Staffie DOB 02.2015 Waterlooville Foster

Post by Rummibailey »

We have the pleasure of Emily's company until she finds her forever home. She was excellent in the car, after the first minute of trying to get through to me, she settled on the back seat and sleep most of the hour long journey home.

She was great meeting Sam and Mitzy, has been very calm and polite with them and Sam is quite relaxed with her already which is a good sign!

Yes, she does try and jump up, but only because she loves to be loved. She is equally happy to sit at your feet in a dog bed and have her ears tickled or curl up next to you on the sofa. Once she has unwound from kennels and got lots of cuddles I think she will calm right down.

She is a lovely sweet girl, looking to you for reassurance and love.
emily 1.jpg
emily 2.jpg
Rummibailey

Post by Rummibailey »

Must say it was very interesting watching her with Mitzy in the paddock (Lynne has a video!). She was running madly up to us (or AT us???) leaping up to get attention, but when Mitzy came over she was calm and well mannered, sniffing the same patched of grass and copying her when she wee'd. She only had one mild telling off from Mitz and accepted it very well. Then she would rush at us again! BUT neither of us fell over, so RESULT! :biggrin.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

The expression for that is 'to be Emily'd' !!! I've been Emily'd !!! She launched herself onto my lap on Friday when she was in the paddock with Gillespie, she launched from at least 9ft away and I was sat in one of the garden chairs, one second Emily was a fair way away, next second Emily was on my lap ! She has great precision in her aim and balance to stay put when she lands ! Emily decided she loved this game and did it a few times, probably encouraged by my laughter !!!

So it's really fab to see Emily relaxing on your sofa, she looks very happy indeed and home life is going to do her the world of good as will Mitzy and Sam teaching her to be all grown up !

Have a fab time with her and give her a cuddle from me Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Rummibailey

Post by Rummibailey »

Video above is when Emily met Mitzy!

This is when our dog Mitzy (in the dog coat) met Emily, to make sure she approved before we took her home to foster.

Emily jumps up because she just loves attention and wants reassurance. She does this much less in the home, and is responding well to hand signals not to jump up.

Sweet, affectionate girl who is great with dogs and children.

Reckon she could live with cats too as she totally ignored the one walking in front of us on our walk today.

Going to make the most of her while she is here as don't think she'll be here long!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”