Oliver Staffie DOB 2013 Landrake Cornwall

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Oliver Staffie DOB 2013 Landrake Cornwall

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Oliver82.jpg
"I rescued Oliver April 2016 from Guildford.
Sadly Oliver was PTS in June as he had a nasal bone tumour. He was just 4 years old.
I can honestly say that I have never, ever had such a bond with an animal like I did with him. He was my shadow, best friend, loved the children and fantastic big brother to Harry (other rescue pup). He loved his comforts (fire and bed).
The best pub dog Cornwall will ever have.
I will always miss his little face, so much love in his eyes and will never forget him. A very special place in my heart for one very special dog.
Thank you for finding him RR. " Amy
Oliver.jpg
Oliver needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Oliver was found stray/abandoned covered in bite wounds & unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Oliver's life. Oliver was neutered, fully vaccinated and chipped. He shared a foster place with a female Staffie for a month. He met most dogs well but not all so as he was walked by a dog walker he got used to a muzzle so he could mix. Oliver got stressed when left and so needed to be returned to kennels as his fosterer's worked full time and he needed to cope with just lunchtime walk. Oliver needs a sensitive programme to continue to build his confidence to settle when left. Oliver was in Guildford Kenns awaiting his new home.

Oliver is a 2 year old taller Staffie Found “lost” & sad with bite wounds from an fight/ altercation. His fosterer rebuilt his confidence around dogs & he shared with a Staffie bitch. He was temporarily muzzled outside with the dog walker so he could mix with many stranger dogs. He enjoyed good food, company & healing. He didn’t cope with being left so came back to kennels. Chin up Oliver you’ll find a wonderful family. Please SIR!

Visit Oliver's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Oliver72.jpg
Oliver67.jpg
Oliver76.jpg
Oliver.jpg
Oliver's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Hi Lynne, We have sent out a number of requests in the hope that we can rehome Oliver the Attached Dog. If we get to the point where no owner has come forward and we still do not have a rescue place for him would you be able to help us out.

The dog (Oliver (kennel Name) was handed in to local Vets by the finder, on the 15th September 2015 . The dog will become the property of the Council on the 23rd September 2015. Please may I ask that you reply to all above with your response in case I am not on duty at the time of your reply? I would be very grateful if you could assist us with the re-homing of this dog.

Thank you for your continued support in rehoming Dogs. Community Dog warden Leader
Froggie757

Re: Oliver Staffie DOB 2013 Sussex Pound comes 29th Sept

Post by Froggie757 »

Dropped the lovely Oliver off at Gatwick this afternoon after his vet check. Not sure he liked the car journey too much or maybe I need more practice at driving with dogs in the crate! He seems to be such a gentle boy and if only you could tell him all his troubles were over I think there'd be a really cute young dog in there. He Ignored all the loud barking dogs on either side as I walked him to his kennel and gently took treats before we left him to get settled. If you are walking at Gatwick soon give him some strokes and cuddles from me and tell him life just gets better and better from now on!
Charlie

Re: Oliver Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Charlie »

P1060114 (480x640).jpg
Oliver still had an air of sadness about him when we started our walk today :(
P1060103 (372x640).jpg
He walked calmly through the kennel block but once out he took a while to take an interest in his surroundings...
P1060119 (480x640).jpg
Lovely to see him chill out & start to enjoy life :biggrin.gif:
P1060124 (640x480).jpg
Such a gorgeous handsome boy :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif:
P1060125 (640x524).jpg
RosC

Post by RosC »

I had the pleasure of walking Oliver today. He was looking very sad in his kennel so we had a little cuddle first but then went out on a lovely walk. He walks so well, no pulling at all. He didn't like all the barking as we went out of the kennel block and seems quite timid. He has a very scarred face so cannot have had the best start in life but he was very friendly and keen to be out and about. His confidence will increase now he is safe and I think he will come out of his shell and realise life can be good :smiley-gen132.gif: Lovely boy.
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

I walked Oliver/Ollie for the first time today, he's such a nice boy once he relaxes. He seemed very sad and distant in his kennel, he wouldn't accept a treat to start with. Gradually after a few minutes with him he realised that there was nothing to be afraid of and showed me his great sit and paw :) Easy peasy to harness, even easier to walk. Not all dogs tend to walk at the pace their human counterpart is, Ollie slowed down when I slowed down and sped up when I did. Very responsive to voice he did come out of his shell over the course of the walk. He did often look back for reassurance which was nice. We had a funny moment where a squirrel bolted from out of nowhere just as we got into the woods, it scared us both and he just stood there with the silliest look on his face :lol:

Really enjoyed my time with Ollie and seeing him gain confidence throughout the walk. Sadly didn't get many usable pics as he was a bit camera shy :biggrin.gif:
Ah hah! Found where the treats are!
Ah hah! Found where the treats are!
Though not great quality it showed his progression over the time together. At the start he tried to avoid any eye contact but eventually was happy to look up at me and be playful in asking for a treat.
VAL

Post by VAL »

Oliver is a sad dog. At two years old, he should be full of vitality and confidence but he is quiet and looks very vulnerable. I hate to think what he suffered to get the scars on his face, but they don't detract from his beauty - he is very handsome. I spent some time in his kennel reassuring him and treating him with cheese, which he loves. Walking him through the kennel block, he was discomforted by the other dogs barking at him, but once outside he relaxed a little. He took a lively interest in his surroundings and walked happily alongside Liquorace, although somewhat unnerved by the horses and riders that passed by. He walks nicely, occasionally looking back for reassurance. Back in his kennel, we had a cuddle and Oliver rested his head against my shoulder while I whispered in his ear, which seemed to soothe him. This was my first meeting with Oliver and I love him already. I'm confident that when he gets used to the idea that he is safe and nothing unpleasant is going to happen to him, he will relax and thrive. He so needs a loving home.
:please.gif:
Tim

Post by Tim »

We took Oliver out to take a photo or two, when I entered his kennel I was greeted with a waggy tail but a slightly apprehensive Oliver, very easy to harness and Rachel waited at the end of the kennel block with a treat, that was it, full speed ahead and off we went. Very easy to walk and didn't pull at all on the lead.

One side of his face is quite marked and it show in some of the photos, a bit apprehensive when I got close to him with the camera and at first he refused to even look at me, but gradually with lost of talking and lots of stroking and under the chin cuddles he started to come round :)
untitled-2.jpg
untitled-9.jpg
untitled-12.jpg
untitled-11.jpg
untitled-14.jpg
untitled-13.jpg
Refusing point blank to look at the camera, at first anyway
untitled-3.jpg
Enjoying his chin tickled
untitled-8.jpg
Obviously someone has spent time training him, gives paw on command :)
untitled-5.jpg
untitled-6.jpg
untitled-7.jpg
untitled-4.jpg
As the walk went on he became more and more confident, I think he's a bit unsure of what's going on at the moment.
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
jacnmrb

Post by jacnmrb »

Met Oliver at Chessington yesterday while he was in the waiting area with Terry. He is a very handsome lad with beautiful eyes that are currently sad; he does indeed look like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. He sat immediately when he realised I was pulling out a bag of treats and took them so, so gently. He loved chin rubs and, after a few minutes, leant his head against my knee; lovely. Hope to walk him on my next visit and thanks, Val, for the cheese tip!
sasha

Re: Oliver Staffie DOB 2013 Brighton Foster

Post by sasha »

we picked up Oliver yesterday for fostering. What a lovely boy he is and he's got really soft fur, especially around his handsome face!
Oliver and Cherry are getting on really well, they play together nicely but she's not letting him get any peace as she's always trying to get a wrestle on!

He's very calm around the house and seems well house trained, he immediately went to the door so he could go outside to the toilet. He encountered some dogs at the park yesterday that Cherry was playing with and he seemed keen to get involved but seemed a little more nervous of a larger boxer dog today but it's day 1 so we'll see how he goes for the rest of the week.

He's not as timid as I thought he would be, he's very affectionate and loves a cuddle on the sofa, which is nice to see after what he must have been through.
sasha

Re: Oliver Staffie DOB 2013 Brighton Foster

Post by sasha »

Oliver and Cherry sitting for a treat
photo (47).JPG
Last edited by sasha on Wed 28 Oct 2015 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”