Jeremy Patterdale DOB 08.2014 Wimborne Bn'mouth

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Jeremy Patterdale DOB 08.2014 Wimborne Bn'mouth

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Jeremy7.jpg
Jeremy needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle.
NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Jeremy was found stray with massive face and throat injuries, believed to be caused by a 'wild animal' eg Badger. The dog warden stated that he was owned by a man who also came forwards for a stray Staffie across the border but upon enquiry heard of the vet bill associated with Jeremy decided not to claim. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Jeremy's. Jeremy is now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. His injuries are now healed. Jeremy is enjoying a foster place with another male Patterdale and older children on the coast, Bognor Regis.

Came in with damage covered due to going down ?a badger’s hole. People who let their Patterdales off lead are hard-nosed & hard hearted, when you see some of the outcomes which we do frequently. Many Patterdales never make it up after going to ground. Hence we have a strict 'on lead policy...we owe it to our feisy friends. Jeremy was used to living with a Staffie but owner didn’t come forwards to claim due to Jeremy’s vet cost. Happy chappie in fostered in with another male Patterdale & children. Labour leader!

Visit Jeremy's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Jeremy96.jpg
Jeremy99.jpg
Jeremy's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Hi Lynne, (prepare yourself for some upsetting photos)
We need a foster home for a boy in need. A young Patterdale boy (about a year old) has come into the pound. Staff have named him Jeremy. He has wounds to his face, around his eyes, and extensively to his neck. His injuries would suggest that he has been used for fox or badger baiting. He is a gentle and soft boy - he let the vet removed 30 ticks without a complaint. He has previously lived with a Staffie - the Staffie was straying at the same time as the Patterdale but strayed into the area of a different Local Authority and was picked up by that Dog Warden (and reclaimed by the owner). Jeremy has not been reclaimed so far (7 days is up on Tuesday). The owner is denying all knowledge of the injuries, saying that he had been missing for a while and must have sustained the injuries then.
She does not think he will reclaim him because the bill is so high (because of the vet bill).

The pound vet initially prescribed antibiotics for the infected wounds last Friday. The Dog Warden visited him today, was extremely worried by how he looked and rushed him back to the vet. It seems that the pound kennel staff had been giving the antibiotics but had not been cleaning his wounds, and they had become necrotic. The vet had to do an emergency operation on him to remove the necrotic flesh and had to go down quite deep. He will be in intensive care at the vets for the next 2-3 days at least. He can go to rescue from Tuesday.Jeremy needs to go to a rescue where he can go into a foster home and recover there. Would you by any chance have anyone who could take him? We would love him to come to you because you have a special passion for Patterdales, and because we know your foster homes are top notch. I know you must be so exhausted by crisis cases at the moment, and I am so sorry to be having to ask you yet again. I am sending you some photos of him that were taken before his operation (and links to the jpgs)

If you can't help, don't worry, we just wanted to come to you first, just in case. We know how much you love and understand Patterdales in particular.

Kind regards, Amanda S&S

Jeremy4.jpg
Jeremy5.jpg
Jeremy.jpg
Jeremy2.jpg
Jeremy3.jpg
Jeremy comes into our care on Wednesday 12th Aug 15
lurcher girl

Re: Jeremy Patterdale DOB 08.2014 Basingstoke Pound

Post by lurcher girl »

Words fail me :smiley-sad010.gif: to what some humans can do to mans best friend : :smiley-sad010.gif: .........You will be safe soon lovely boy
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

My prayers are for the staffy who has been returned to the owner. People should be banned from keeping dogs.
Westie

Post by Westie »

Seeing his photos and reading about Jeremy has made me weep. :smiley-sad010.gif: :smiley-sad010.gif:

Like you Lurcher Girl, I do not know how people can treat animals the way they do. Let's hope 'karma' is true and they get what they deserve.

My heart also goes out to the little staffie who has been reclaimed. I hope this poor dog is also lucky enough to find itself in rescue very, very soon!

Why oh why are these owners allowed to have their dogs returned to them.

Hopefully, Jeremy will now know that not all humans are so cruel and he will find out what it is to be truly loved and adored for the beautiful boy that he is. :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif:

Westie
:dog_running-186.gif:
X
Bertie and Pippa

Post by Bertie and Pippa »

Oh Jeremy, so sad what's happened to you poor poor baby - just one year old, an absolute vile disgrace. You're safe now, no more pain, just love. Heal well sweetheart, inside and out so you can find out what life can be like in the right loving hands x
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Words fail me as to how "humans" can treat a dog like this. (I put humans in inverted commas because I dont believe people who do this are human). This has reduced me to tears too Bless you Jeremy you will soon be in the fold of love, comfort and fun and will be able to realise that there are so many people who LOVE you xxxxxx :smiley-gen132.gif:
montyjack2

Post by montyjack2 »

glad he's safe with us x
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I dare not make a comment :smiley-sad010.gif: Poor little Jeremy. I hope you feel better soon sweetheart. You are now safe and will be loved and well cared for until we can find a home for you which will be far better than your last. xx
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

Sometimes Jeremy there are just no words...!!! :shock: Welcome to the family little man... :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif:
Doin' it for the staffies ...
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Jeremy comes tomorrow straight into our vets for neuter then is going into foster with Zee and her family including Marmite one of our homed Patterdales.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”