Rupert Crossbreed DOB 2.4.14 Pudsey Leeds

Dogs that have found their forever home
johnfowle

Re: Rupert Crossbreed DOB 2.4.14 Godstone Kenns

Post by johnfowle »

Fabulous, John. Tia is such a great girl to welcome so many other residents and you must have spent hours with her and Rupert keeping a careful watch on proceedings. It is just wonderful that Rupert has come such a long way in such a short space of time. Let's hope his forever home comes for him soon....he has super markings and colour.
mb432

Post by mb432 »

Great to see Rupert getting out with Tia John.

Here are a few pics of me walking him on Saturday - he's a real cutie and an absolute pleasure to walk. He was also really good at walking with Tootsie, so i'm really not sure where the "bad with other dogs" label has come from??
Anyway i'm sure he will be snapped up pretty quickly as he is such a handsome dog!
image (8)_opt.jpg
image (1)_opt.jpg
image (2)_opt.jpg
image (7)_opt.jpg
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Wonderful photos of Rupert and Tia, John. :thanks.gif:

So hard to believe it is the same dog as described!!

I met Rupert for the first time on Tuesday. Such a friendly boy. We had a great walk out in the sun followed by playtime in the paddock. Rupert is an amazing boy, very loving, (I got lots of kisses!) and very gentle. He ignored other dogs, was fine with passing cars, seems to love everybody and loves his cuddles. What is not to love? So, so relieved that this gorgeous boy did not lose his life. He has so much to offer. Love him already. :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
warwickb52

Post by warwickb52 »

Rupert and I had a nice long walk yesterday and we met some of my friends at lunchtime. He's a little nervous when meeting people but very soon is all waggy-tailed once they start stroking him. He has lovely soft fur and we got a number of compliments on his looks. But none on mine!
He walks well looking back for reassurance now and then and, once he gets to know you, is very affectionate and loves a cuddle.
He's going to make someone a really super pet.
Rupert (2).jpg
Rupert (3).jpg
Rupert (4).jpg
Rupert (5).jpg
Rupert (6).jpg
Rupert (8).jpg
Rupert (9).jpg
Surely she'll leave some for me?
Rupert (10).jpg
What's he doing with that camera?
Rupert (11).jpg
Rupert (12).jpg
Rupert (13).jpg
Rupert (14).jpg
jgp9977

Post by jgp9977 »

I met and walked Rupert for the first time saturday. He is a lovely boy, very calm and was quite reticent on our walk as we headed down the bridlepath. He was practically tucked in behind my legs and I had to keep offering encouragement. He perked up a bit when it opened out.

He is keen to meet other dogs as 2 off lead ones started following us. I shouted "excuse me" until their owner came and retrieved them but Rupert so wanted to say hello. But then he met something even better than another dog.....3 horses!!! They came over to say hello and Rupert said hello beautifully and they sniffed each others noses lots. Once I established he was nice and calm I took lots of photos. Eventually we had to move on which he was sad about but a but perkier the rest of the walk.
He did like some cuddles and a fair bit of reassurance but has the softest coat and is a really sweet boy
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

My first walk with Rupert and he is a little star! So friendly in the kennel and easy to get out. We had some time in the paddock to get to know each other, Rupert is so soft to the touch and so puppy like. We then headed for a walk on the extender lead but Rupert was much keener on walking to heel so he barely left my side! It was quite hot and with that fluffy soft coat even hotter so we sat in the shade for a little while just chilling out. This boy is so young and kennels are a tough environment for any dog so I hope he forever home comes along soon. He is a super boy ready to learn and be loved.
Rup1.jpg
Rup2.jpg
Rup3.jpg
Rup4.jpg
Rup5.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
jgp9977

Post by jgp9977 »

So after I raved about Rupert last saturday Gez took a turn yesterday.

Gez says he was a little wary to start with but quickly trusted Gez as they headed out walking. Rupert showed a keen, playful interest in other dogs. His confidence grew during the walk and was rolling over asking for tummy rubs.

Rupert responded well when Gez asked him to wait as cars passed and came to his hand. Gez found him very obediant and keen to please and very connected.

They headed back to the paddock for a mooch about which is where I found them. Rupert came straight to the gate when he saw me and wanted cuddles. I sat on the bench and he put his paws up and gave me lots of cuddles and kisses.

On the way back to the kennels he just wanted more cuddles and we had to stop for everyone we met to give him cuddles.

He is just the loveliest, sweetest boy.
anne

Post by anne »

I have just spent the morning in the company of Rupert and I have to say I have completely fallen in love with him. He was excited to see me this morning, but waited while I put on his harness and while excited on the lead initially he calmed down quickly and walked beautifully. First we went to the paddock for a run around. Rupert will chase a ball, retrieve and drop by your feet on a fly by and then lose interest. He did chase and retrieve the ball a few times but far prefers cuddles and quickly rolled on his back for tummy rubs. In the paddock his recall was brilliant.
We went out in the car then. Rupert hopped in the front seat and sat there the whole journey without a noise or any bother. He liked to watch the world go by as I drove and although he was quite tired and would have liked a snooze he did not want to miss anything.
Next I took him home to meet the cats. One cat was too busy sleeping upstairs but Jazzy was out in the garden and hissed at Rupert and kept a safe distant. Rupert was excited and pulled towards her but I feel this could be managed given time and patience. Rupert had a mooch around the garden and house calmly taking everything in. He left the cat food alone when asked.
Then we went for a walk with Margaret and Ringo. Rupert was brilliant with Ringo, no barking, no excitement, just polite interest. This boy's manners appear impeccable both around humans and dogs.
I really can't fault Rupert. He is one of the most calm, affectionate, obedient dogs I have ever met. (amazing for a young dog with a chequered past) He listens and does what he is asked, he loves people but is calm and polite with his greetings, just looking up for attention and then leaning against you if you give him some, He is calm and polite around other dogs, he travels quietly and happily in the car and walks nicely on the lead (apart form the odd bit of expected puppy excitement at seeing people)
On arriving back at the kennels, which I found very hard, I sat with him in the sunshine. While I brushed his lovely soft fur, he relaxed completely and lay down looking blissful.
P1070023a.jpg
P1070028a.jpg
P1070029a.jpg
P1070030a.jpg
P1070032a.jpg
P1070034a.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”