Rupert Crossbreed DOB 2.4.14 Pudsey Leeds

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Rupert Crossbreed DOB 2.4.14 Pudsey Leeds

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status:Homed
Rupert3.JPG
Rupert needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle.
NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Rupert was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed at the age of about 4 months covered in dog bite wounds. He was cared for, for 8 months but his owner said he is not good with dogs and made arrangements to put him to sleep several months ago but on our advice we asked her to neutered him in prep. for rehoming. Today Rupert's owner decided she couldn't keep him any more and so we arranged to take him in as an emergency. Rupert is neutered, vaccinated and chipped. Was in Guildford Kennels

Visit Rupert's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Rupert2.JPG
Rupert31.JPG
Rupert's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Emergency call requesting us to take Rupert in as his owner is suggesting she want him gone or put to sleep.

John collected Rupert this afternoon He spent a little time in our vets for him to get used to our vet staff then a journey and Rupert was meeting Karen and Debbie and Debbie befriended him and put him to to bed. Sleep well little man. Rupert needs lots of TLC
Bertie and Pippa

Re: Rupert Crossbreed DOB 2.4.14 Godstone Kenns

Post by Bertie and Pippa »

Sounds like he has experienced things in his short life that he shouldn't have had to experience. Way too young for someone to have given up on him. Safe now Rupert. I so hope you can put your past behind you. Your life is on the up young man, it's wall to wall loving for you from here on in :smiley-gen132.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

WOWSER :D
DSC03444.JPG
Rupert is utterly butterly gorgeous :smiley-love014.gif:
I am completely hook line and sinker for this wee guy, he charmed me totally today :smiley-love029.gif:
Met him in the paddock this morning with Debbie and Karen, his tail was wagging and he came over to me for treats and we made friends :D Rupert loved charging back and forth between us and showed me how well he sits and gives a paw for treats.

Then out again later this afternoon for some photos, behold this beauty ...
DSC03407.JPG
DSC03408.JPG
DSC03414.JPG
DSC03413.JPG
DSC03411.JPG
DSC03439.JPG
DSC03443.JPG
DSC03447.JPG
DSC03409.JPG
DSC03451.JPG
running :0)
running :0)
fuss from Charlie :0)
fuss from Charlie :0)
DSC03410.JPG
DSC03427.JPG
Ruperts fur is so so soft and strokable too, simply adorable lad - I've got another favourite :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Before there were any photos of Rupert I felt some serious 'internet love' for him, the photos have seriously twanged my heart strings!
Bertie and Pippa

Post by Bertie and Pippa »

Rupert is an absolute stunner - very unusual markings. Gorgeous boy. So glad he is safe :smiley-gen132.gif:
lurcher girl

Post by lurcher girl »

He is beautiful .......has a basenji look about him :smiley-gen132.gif:
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Martin walked Rupert today and Tootsie and I joined them. Rupert is stunning in the fur, still so young and looks like he still has some growing to do if his paws are anything to go by. A very chilled out boy who was a little unsure of Tootsie's staffie croaking noise she makes when walking but soon got used to it. They got very close at times and no reaction from either. Rupert was interested in the horses in the field but just curiosity. Then we walked past a field of young cows and I think he wanted to have a go at herding them, but again no aggression or barking just interest. He is a cracking dog.

Rup1.jpg
RupTot.jpg
Rup2.jpg
Rup3.jpg
Rup5.jpg
Rup6.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Grabbed Rupert for a walk today and yes, he is scrummy :smiley-gen132.gif: Tia was on the extender lead at first and Rupert was pulling quite strongly, but a quick "here" and he's straight back to you and rubbing his sides against your leg :smiley-gen132.gif: Every single time :D

We started off with a walk along the bridleways to see how Rupert would be walking with Tia. Keen would best describe it :D
Rupert1.jpg
Then we headed to the back field for some exploring and sniffing
Rupert2.jpg
After a long walk around the field we went into the Rottie paddock where Rupert had a drink and more exploring
Rupert3.jpg
Rupert4.jpg
Then it was time to meet Tia properly
Rupert5.jpg
Hang on, what's all this about? Rupert looks like he wants to play...
Rupert6.jpg
And Tia was quite happy to egg him on...
play1.jpg
And off they went :D
play2.jpg
play3.jpg
play4.jpg
play5.jpg
play6.jpg
play7.jpg
play8.jpg
play9.jpg
play10.jpg
play11.jpg
play12.jpg
play13.jpg
play14.jpg
play15.jpg
play16.jpg
play17.jpg
play18.jpg
play19.jpg
play20.jpg
play21.jpg
play22.jpg
play23.jpg
play24.jpg
play25.jpg
play26.jpg
play27.jpg
Until finally they stopped to share a refreshing drink :)
play28drink.jpg
Before playing again :D
play29.jpg
play30.jpg
play31.jpg
play32.jpg
play33.jpg
play34.jpg
play35.jpg
play36.jpg
play37.jpg
By now they were both knackered, so we headed off back towards kennels. Or so I thought...
play38field.jpg
play39field.jpg
After chasing each other around the field they'd finally had enough ;)
play40field.jpg
No wait, there's a branch we can play with :smiley-dance010.gif:
play41field.jpg
Only one thing for it, break out the treats :mrgreen:
Finally.jpg
Rupert loves to play. And play and play :mrgreen: The pair of them played so long that I took over 430 photos. They played chase, they played with a branch and they played rough, and not once did Rupert falter, even when Tia turned up the rough play a notch Rupert still loved every minute of it.

When I put Tia back in the car Rupert didn't want to leave her, so I had to carry him in to kennels, for which I was rewarded with huge facelicks :mrgreen: We met Barry who walking Annabel, and Rupert said hello very nicely if a little apprehensive for a fleeting moment. More facelicks as I carried him past all the barking dogs to his kennel, where his dinner was waiting and a nice cozy bed, both of which he will no doubt enjoy.
Rupert is a wonderful dog. He's still just a baby at heart, full of joy and has no place being in rescue. What a little cracker :smiley-gen132.gif:
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Not just shaking off his "Not good with other dogs" label, he's ripped it up and burried the remains! Amazingly done John and Tia.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Thank you John that must have taken you over an hour to upload on to his thread. Think we can put paid to the 'not good with dogs' label which came with him and nearly lost him his life. Thank you!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”