Dion Collie x GSD x Rottie DOB 12.07.07- 2.2019 Holbeach Lincoln

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Sarahk

Re: Dion Collie x GSD x Rottie DOB 12.07.07 Chess. Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely pic :)
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
SaraC

Post by SaraC »

Dion is now consistently happy to walk past strangers & doesn't pay any attention to them. I think he's trying to prove to his future forever family that he's a good boy.... which he really is.

I've attached some photos of Dion that I may have attached before, but I wanted to illustrate just how affectionate he is, as I usually put up portrait photos that just show off how gorgeous he is. Look at the love he has for his previous foster mum, Ruth! Such a sweet and caring boy once he trusts you.

Put another one up to illustrate where Dion spends part of his walks - attached to your leg!! This one is mostly affection, but also a little bit trying to remove his halti harness! Such a silly sausage! :)

Then one last photo of his gorgeous smile!

Dion's just a dream dog & I wish with all my heart I could have him, but I don't think my two cats would agree with my feelings for him. :) If you put a bit of effort in with Dion, he rewards you with his whole heart & loves people forever once he trusts them. Dion lets me towel dry him without fuss, comes and leans on me when I kneel down next to him to give him some strokes & gives me a kiss on the face too for my troubles. Who wouldn't love a companion like that!?

It's getting considerably easier to gain Dion's trust now & I've seen him grow a lot in the last month or so in terms of confidence. Just come on down, take Dion for a walk & he'll be your best friend for life.
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 1.JPG
WaggyTails

Post by WaggyTails »

Oh...my...god!! What a different dog Dion has become! The staff and walkers at the kennels are to be commended. Thank you so much for taking such good care of him. xxx :thanks.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif:

I took Dion out with my two dogs this afternoon for an hour long walk off-lead, in the fields and paths near the kennels. He immediately settled in alongside them for the short stroll to the stream, and then stretched his legs and showed off his wonderful bubbly personality. His confidence passing strangers is unbelievable, didn't even look up, let alone side step away. He rubbed against me, came every time I called, and simply enjoyed the freedom of the great outdoors. Although he was desperate to jump into the car with my two, I took him into the paddock for some private cuddles and squidges. Oh wow, he's soooo affectionate! Even rolled over for me to brush him, no fighting it. God I love this dog.

I'm ashamed to think that I haven't seen him since last autumn, but he certainly remembered me, and didn't hold it against me. It broke my heart when he was led back to the kennels. He pulled and pulled to get back to me, even though I left him with a tasty bone. Oh, that look on his face....

Dion in the fields
Dion in the fields 2
SaraC

Post by SaraC »

Love love love the videos of him, Ruth! I knew he'd be super pleased to see you & your gang! :) So lovely to see him playing amongst other dogs enjoying himself as well. He looks so at ease! :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif: I mayyy have given Dion a walk on Saturday as well. Can't resist giving him a cuddle - what a cuddle monster he is now!!

Although I'd miss him hugely, can't wait for this boy to find his forever family.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Thank you Ruth

Dion went to the vets today and had his annual booster. Vet was very pleased with his health.
WaggyTails

Post by WaggyTails »

He IS a different dog! He loves routine & structure, which we couldn't give him. I will offer free grooms for him for life when he gets homed!

We're trying to plan a day out for him, as our doggy friends really miss him too! Their beagle enjoyed Dion's company, but not as much as Ricky who has a massive soft spot for Dion. He & Steve took Dion to the pub before, and Dion wouldn't leave Ricky's side. It's a bromance!
SaraC

Post by SaraC »

Dion enjoyed some lovely cuddles and tummy rubs today...even though when he offered me his tummy, it was covered in mud! (Thanks Dion) But of course I obliged, like the sucker that I am! Just wanted to share the photos, as he was looking very adorable. You'll see that he put his paw on my arm. He's SUCH a softie!! :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif:

Gorgeous, gorgeous boy!
photo 4.JPG
photo 2.JPG
Muddy hand! ;)
photo 3.JPG
WaggyTails

Post by WaggyTails »

Dion meets Loraine, Mike & Larry (11yr old Springer) on Wednesday.

Please cross fingers and toes everyone. Dion deserves to enjoy his twilight years in a loving home with a pipe & slippers!
Last edited by WaggyTails on Mon 13 Apr 2015 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

All my paws are crossed. Thank you Ruth

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”