Lala Lurcher x DOB 09.13 Guildford

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Lala Lurcher x DOB 09.13 Guildford

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Lara2.JPG
Lara needs:- a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Lara was found stray 13.10.14 and was unclaimed. We came forwards for Lara and offered her a Rescue Place. Lara had 1 week in foster recovering from spay. Lara was within a mixed pack with Broxbourne kenns but then in kennels in Guildford.

About Lara: Lara arrived quite reticent but soon built trust. Once relaxed she lets her fur down and displayed her lovely joyful puppish temperament. She adores dogs and is learning to respect their space on meeting. Very engaging 'coy' disposition. Lara was mixed with 7 other dogs within the kennels and has gained confidence with people and displays her sense of fun in everything she does. Lara is currently in boarding kennels nr Guildford awaiting her forever home.

Lara is a tall elegant 3 year old fawn and white Lurcher x medium size and build. Lara has a sighthound feel to her and to witness her running is to take your breath away. Loves to play with toys and loves to run off lead in a secure area and flies around with glee. However can refuse to walk if unsure and could be skittish with loud bangs so must be retained on a lead or long training line. Not as only dog to join another or we can pair her with another

Visit Lara's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Lara1.jpg
Lara229.jpg
Lara50.JPG
Lara34.jpg
See Lara's Thread Below. Watch her progress through our Rescue.
Original Referral Details: Asked to help Lara as she had run out of time and booked in for put to sleep. Transporter very kindly drove her down from Lancashire to our kennels.
Lara.jpg
Lara is in our Godstone kennels overnight and goes into temporary foster post spay tomorrow
Sarahk

Re: Lara Crossbreed DOB 09.13 Godstone Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Wowser :cool:, met this beautiful graceful little one today, well she's not so little, she was slightly taller than I expected from her initial photograph but oh so very very graceful and gentle, quite the lady :)

One look at her and you'll melt, you'll soon see what I mean ...
DSC00833.JPG
and she's even more beautiful in the flesh, wonderfully calm demeanor about her.
Slightly shy initially but loved the treats on offer and soon made friends and let me stroke her ears, yes I'm smitten... again !!!

Feast your eyes ...
DSC00811.JPG
DSC00815.JPG
DSC00818.JPG
DSC00822.JPG
DSC00843.JPG
DSC00804.JPG
DSC00806.JPG
DSC00826.JPG
DSC00838.JPG
Cute little lady popped her head through the chair to appeal for more treats !
ofcourse she got her treats !
ofcourse she got her treats !
Pure sweetness and light, love Lara :)
DSC00832.JPG
Lara then headed off with Lynne to meet her lovely fosterer who's offered her care post op to recuperate and settle in herself and build her confidence. Lara is a true treasure, can't believe she'll be with us for long. It's RR's privilege and pleasure to help you find your new home beauty
xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Luisa

Re: Lara Crossbreed DOB 09.13Aldershot Temp Foster

Post by Luisa »

Our grateful thanks to Sara and family for fostering Lara and providing such love and care this week after her spay op. :thanks.gif:

Sara's children (the youngest is 8 years old) have loved having Lara with them. She is gentle with the children and loves snuggling on the sofa as long as possible with them.

She has a calm energy which belies her very young age of 1. Lara is an attentive intelligent girl who will learn new house rules and routine quickly.

Housetraining has improved with gentle reminders and her forever home will continue in this regard. She's almost there, but understanding is required as she is young and has not benefitted from routine in her young life.

Lara is keen to please and loves going for walks, her time in foster has given her a wonderful taste of family life and she has been excellent, very easy and non demanding. Lara will benefit from training classes as expected for all young dogs, and we can already see this young girl blossoming with kind attention and instruction.

Lara is ready for her forever home.
MandaTK

Re: Lara Crossbreed DOB 09.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by MandaTK »

Lara is adorable. I walked her today when she arrived at Guildford. She is timid and a little nervous but it is a change of surroundings but she is attentive and so affectionate. She listened to me and trusted me and we walked beautifully together. She is a beautiful girl and just needs love and patience. Lots of happy chatting and encouragement she will be a super girl for someone to adopt. She will become a firm favourite at Guildford I am sure. Loveable xx
Nurse Flo

Re: Lara Crossbreed DOB 09.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by Nurse Flo »

I met this beautiful girl for the first time today. She seemed a little worried about life at first and not too keen to go for a walk so I sat on a bench and we had a nice chat and some cuddles. She then seemed a bit happier so we went for a walk. She walked beautifully on the lead, a very gentle girl. She did though at times remember she was only a baby really so did a kangaroo hop on the spot :biggrin.gif: Although happy for most of the walk she did at times appear to be a worried soul so does need lots of reassurance. I don't think that she has seen much of the world or had much kindness shown to her before now. She is very responsive though and sits when asked to and makes you melt when she looks at you with those gorgeous eyes! This really is a special girl who deserves to be encouraged to come out of her shell. A joy to be with.
xxlynne

Re: Lara Lurcher x DOB 09.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Lara spent the day yesterday travelling to Mark our vet for her second vax and final check over before homing. Mark was very pleased with her. On arrival back to kennels she had a lovely walk with Trixie welcoming her to Guildford. Lara adores dogs and spent a lot of Mrs P's and my walk trying to entice Trixie to play.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to see Lara today with Laura having come over from Guildford for our charity walk.
She really is a beauty :D
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Lara is a lovely puppy with a fabulous nature, and awesome, gentle paws. She was outstanding on the charity walk and completely adorable on the journey back when she fell asleep with her chin in my hand :smiley-love014.gif: Bit confused by her still being in kennels.

She's a great listener, this is her pretending to know what I was waffling on about on Friday :D
lala1.JPG
lala2.JPG
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Lara and I went on a lovely walk on Friday, we were out for an hour and a half. She played with a dalmation, put a nervous spaniel at ease and trotted along in a pack of 6 Pappillons (which was hilarious)! Lara truly is a dogs dog.

She is learning to settle her energy brilliantly and only 'Bambi'd' once and responded to correction immediately. Today she went out with Mark and Jacqui with Henry and really impressed them with how easy she is now. She got on marvellously with Henry sharing every sniff and rubbing shoulders.

Beyond beautiful
lala1.JPG
lala2.JPG
JenG

Post by JenG »

What a special little girl ! I had the pleasure of starring in the Valentine's video with Lara and her best friend Henry! She was so well behaved and gave lots of kisses. I am amazed at how calm she is for a young dog, she is so good with other dogs and people alike and if I had a garden I would be taking her home!
Really hope she find a loving home soonxx :smiley-gen132.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”