Arthur JRT x DOB 2012 France

Dogs that have found their forever home
Rescue Remedies

Arthur JRT x DOB 2012 France

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Feb 05, 2014 8:37 pm
Current Status: HOMED
Arthur needs: Arthur is sensitive so needs an understanding family. Arthur needs the terrier owners approach i.e. non confrontative 'no tellings off' just working in with him, he wants to please but hasn't had an inclusive upbringing. A terrier person always reflects, and blames themselves! To live with fluent other canine friends. Arthur should have a child free environment.

Background info.: Arthur grew up with 4 very young children, was actually frightened and avoided them, spending most of his time in the bedroom. Another baby on the way and the family were threatening put to sleep on social media; we offered Arthur a Rescue place. Arthur is neutered. chipped & vax'd. Arthur is currently in Gatwick Kennels.

About Arthur: Arthur is a sensitive, very loving terrier. Arthur will relax down within a terrier family where he has a quiet life style and where visitors and strangers take their time to offer him a treat and non threatening vibes. Arthur has a sunshine personality which wins over those who take time to encourage his acceptance and friendship. Once relaxed he's a lap dog, very rewarding.

Arthur is a short legged, course haired Jack Russell x who has had prolonged kennelling whilst we search for his family: Quiet life; can be left; enjoys the car with trusted people. Arthur deserves new opportunities and fun, fun, fun.

Interested in homing Arthur?
Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire to match a suitable dog with your lifestyle.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

Please visit Arthur's thread on our forum to find out if he is still available and for fuller details. For daily updates Click our forum link and you will find the full range of dogs available for homing. Arthur is featured on http://www.terrierrescue.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding homeless dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £175 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

See Arthur's Thread Below: Watch his progress through our Rescue
Original Referral Details: Arthur was advertised on a social media site with threats he was going to be put to sleep. A campaign started and terrierrescue was approached to help out. We transported him and bought him into kennels.

Arthur was very nervous in transit so I purposefully placed him in a crate in the passenger seat. Hand movements close to the crate..he was concern and 'grumbling'. Cheese roll offered through the bars and he welcomed it, took it gently and licked my fingers. Arrived at the kennels and we went for a short walk then a kennel maid Patti took his reign and walked him and placed him in his kennel.

In transit
mod6

Re: Arthur JRT x DOB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:58 pm by xxlynne

Managed to get Arthur up and out of his kennel today and we enjoyed a lovely walk into the quietness of the countryside with the occasional car rolling by!

Arthur on his 1st walk away from kennels

mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:08 pm by SarahK

Arthur enjoying a walk in the sunshine with Charlie today...

mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:49 pm by Charlie+Ted

Every day a little bit better  :D
Arthur had a lovely walk with Tim today - I think he has a new best friend!
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:34 pm by thr62

Yesterday was the first day I met Arthur, he was a bit apprehensive when I first met him and whilst out walking he kept looking round at Charlie for reassurance, after a quick walk Charlie went on her way so we carried on exploring - near the farm we came across a couple of wayward hens but.....Arthur didn't even give them a second glance :)

On the way back his lead became caught around his back leg, I did manage to untangle but only after Arthur had a little growl as he didn't really know what was going on.
Back at the kennels I sat in his pen for around 10 mins with Arthur firmly seated on my lap, he clearly didn't want to be left alone.

What a difference a day makes!

Collected Arthur today, he was a bit reserved when I entered his pen however once he saw who it was he soon came out tail wagging.
Rachel was waiting in the car park, after a brief introduction we were on our way. He had more of a spring in his step today, he seemed a bit anxious when we heard a dog barking in the distance but he soon forgot about it, we passed a garden with two loose dogs in the front who started yapping away but good old Arthur, didn't even give them a second glance.

A few photos from today:

Something ahead obviously caught his eye:

Enjoying the sunshine (for the brief time it appeared)

We then went into the enclosed area for a run around, I think as he'd only just met Rachel he wasn't too sure about being cuddled but was quite happy to be stroked by her obviously once he gets to know you he certainly show's he trusts you as the following photos will show:

Time for a face wash...

He even let me pick him and and give him a cuddle

In the enclosed area we also had a little run around without Arthur's lead and he wouldn't leave my side :)

Apologies for the quality but it was taken on a camera phone but hopefully you'll see how good he is on focusing on me

I have seen two sides to Arthur, a scared, growly little dog to a trusting and very lovable dog who I know will be a very local companion.
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:12 pm by thr62

Had a few hours spare so popped over to walk Arthur again today - he was a bit wary when I first entered the pen and then I realised why - with all my wet gear and baseball cap on he probably wondered who I was! - As soon as I removed the baseball cap he came running out tail wagging and whining with excitement.

Even the wind and rain didn't deter Arthur enjoying himself although I noticed he did walk round most of the puddles :)

After a nice long walk it was time to dry him off - he was quite happy to be towled down all over although it was a bit difficult as he insisted on sitting on me and inspecting behind my ears with his tongue as if I wasn't wet enough already :)

I'm already counting down the days before meeting up with this happy chappy again this weekend - can't wait!!

i apologise now for the poor quality but weather permitting I promise to get better footage of Arthur at the weekend.

Video:Arthur playing
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:35 pm by Ianj

Took Arthur out today for the first time after about 15 minutes persuasion, he didn't want to know last week before Lynne took him out, and we had about 50 minute walk, followed by 20 minutes sitting in the RR room, he walks without pulling and did not want any treats. We had a few face licks at the end. He was reluctant to go back in his kennel, I don't think he wanted to be left.
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:01 pm by xxlynne

Proof
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:48 pm by thr62

Rachel and I collected Arthur this morning and was greeted with a waggy tail and lots of kisses -then it was off for a quick visit to the vets to get his 1st vaccination and to be microchipped - he was fine in the car on the way there but wasn't to keen on sitting on Rachels lap so we swapped over and we were on our merry way.
After the vets we stopped off for an hour or so at our local park - Arthur wasn't the least bit interested in any of the local wildlife (swans & ducks) :)

During the walk a off lead very young Whippet came running up - Arthur had a little sniff however the Whippet wanted to play and was trying to jump on poor old Arthur - no agression though, Arthur just showed him how clean his teeth were and the Whippet soon got the message - Arthur was very reserved for a terrier.

We then came across another off lead dog - a white scottie - similiar size to Arthur, they both carried out the traditional sniffing of each others behinds and after a brief play we went on our merry way.

Arthur is certainly happier and is starting to get more confident - Once back in the car he was even happy to sit on Rachel's lap on the way back just looking out the window watching the world go by.

It was so so hard to put him back :(

Below is a link to video footage taken today.

mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:25 pm by Ianj

Took Arthur out for the second time today and after saying 'walks' he stopped grumbling and let me put the leads on him and off we went, as Tim found out before, he does seem to remember you.
We were both soaked afterwards so it was back to the R & R room for drying off, he was happy having the attention and relaxed completely for ear scratching, tummy tickling etc.
He was again reluctant to be left in his kennel, he does seem to like human company once he gets to know you.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”