Mrs K (Karla) JRTx Staffie DOB 01.12 Milton Keynes

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Mrs K (Karla) JRTx Staffie DOB 01.12 Milton Keynes

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Karla10.jpg
Karla needs This little girl feels very threatened by dogs and prefers to be exercised in low dog density and with a supportive handler on lead. Karla needs an aware family to ensure front door / back gate security and terrier proof fencing.
NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Karla was found stray and was unclaimed despite trying to contact her family via her chip details. We came forwards to save Karla's life. Karla is now spayed and fully vaccinated. Karla is currently in boarding kennels in Gatwick area.

About Karla: Karla is easy to handle and affectionate with her humans. Just a year old but doesn't like other dogs which almost has a comical air about it. She looks at them and shows her teeth as though she is smiling! So she messages them not coming forwards but making it clear she isn't wanting to fraternise then happy to trot on. Easy to manage and sensitive to her handler and is very engaging. You really feel Karla has not been prepared for the outside world and now needs to slowly build her confidence.

Pretty red 2 year old Jack Russell body shape with a touch of Staffie, softening her looks and bringing in bag full of love. Karla doesn't have an edge to her and in fact is intent on offering her belly for rubs. Lost in kennels she waits for love!

Visit Karla's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Karla13.jpg
Karla7.jpg
Karla11.jpg
Karla6.jpg
Karla's Thread below: Watch steady progress within our loving care.
Original Referral Details: Karla was found stray and was unclaimed. Her date for put to sleep was 31st Oct 2014
We took Karla in on the 31st October when she was spayed and 1st vaccinated. John took Karla in for post op recuperation.
Karla1.jpg
Karla2.jpg
Karla3.jpg
Truffles mum

Re: Karla JRTx DOB 01.12 Gatwick kennels

Post by Truffles mum »

Took little Karla out today for a walk, she is a darling. She was having a chat with the other terriers as we left, and silly me forgot the extender lead so I decided to have a little run with her, she was great no pulling just enjoying her play time :smiley-chores002.gif:
Tim

Post by Tim »

We met the oh so friendly Karla this morning - when I entered her kennel her tail didn't stop wagging, very easy to harness and , we went for a nice long walk through the woods where being a terrier her nose didn't leave the ground there were so many interesting smells around, doesn't pull at all on the lead and after a while we put her on an extendable lead , she's very responsive when you call her (especially when you have a treat :) ) - we even managed to get a photo or two

What lovely deep eyes she has
untitled-3.jpg
time for a sloppy kiss
untitled.jpg
untitled-2.jpg
untitled-9.jpg
untitled-10.jpg
untitled-6.jpg
untitled-5.jpg
untitled-7.jpg
untitled-8.jpg
balancing act - guess there must be a treat involved
untitled-11.jpg
tunny tickle time
untitled-12.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
RosC

Post by RosC »

Walked the lovely Karla today. She was so gentle in the kennel waiting to be harnessed. Once outside despite the heavy rain she was ready to go! We were walking with Cora and Twix who wasn't so keen on the idea of having a walk in this weather, (Twix not Cora) ;) I think the extending lead would be better, Karla wanted to run everywhere and investigate into every bush - a real bundle of fun! Just adorable :smiley-gen132.gif:
anitas

Re: Karla JRTx Staffie DOB 01.12 Chessington Kennels

Post by anitas »

photo.JPG
I met Karla for the 1st time today & we had a lovely walk together. She was obviously happy to be out & about & loved sniffing anything & everything! I'm no David Bailey & trying to capture Karla's cuteness on my phone is tricking to say the least so the only semi decent picture I managed to get was when Karla gave me a cuddle (I think she did it to see higher up & make sure she wasn't missing anything!).

We passed 2 littl'uns who were giving us their opinion of having the cheek to walk past their garden :barking_dog-116.gif: :barking_dog-116.gif: Karla was watching them but carried on walking past them with very little encouragement from me. She is very light on the lead & very rarely went to the full length of the lead that I use, preferring to stay close & sniff as much as possible. Such a beautiful girl with the most stunning face & eyes. I think that until you see her with your own eyes you cant appreciate how stunning she is :biggrin.gif:
SaraC

Re: Karla JRTx Staffie DOB 01.12 Chessington Kennels

Post by SaraC »

How sweet is Karla!? She's a wonderful mix of terrier and staffie! Karla is a little wary of other dogs on the walks, but we can walk her past dogs without trouble. She's quite small, but has a big personality. She's full of beans on her walks and loves taking in all the sights and smells. She would adore having a run around with a ball though! Karla has lots of love to give and is very friendly with her humans.
photo 3.JPG
xxlynne

Re: Karla JRTx Staffie DOB 01.12 Guildford Kennels

Post by xxlynne »

Karla moved into Guildford kennels today ...looking forwards to meeting all the Guildford walkers. :thanks.gif:
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

OOH I cannot wait to meet Karla tomorrow, she looks a little bundle of joy. x
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Well I met little Karla today. She is a JRT/Staffie with her little personality of her own. She likes to take the harness from you and run up the run with it before thinking about letting you put it on!! She got over excited and I took her out on the lead and we had a calming down period before putting her harness on on the bench. then she was ready for the excitement of new surroundings in Guildford. She is a delight to walk, quite strong but has the JRT nature and everything that moved in the undergrowth had to be investigated. She spied a rabbit and that was it, she was trying to drag me into the undergrowth too to get the rabbit. I laughed a lot on this walk with this little one today. She is a beauty and will melt quite a few hearts. She just wants to be out. Loves people!! Decided the puddles were quite fun too. Lovely walk. :D :smiley-gen132.gif:
ActualEmmaWilde

Post by ActualEmmaWilde »

Loved walking Karla today she is just a bundle of cute StaffiexJRT fun!!! Look up the word Happy in the dictonary and you will find Karla!! She's an extremely happy girl, full of fun, and well, just Cute with a Capital C :smiley-gen132.gif: we had such a fun walk and she is no trouble on the lead am really looking forward to walking this little cutie again soon :smiley-gen132.gif: xxx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”