Bobby PatterJack DOB 2007 Lowestoft Suffolk

Dogs that have found their forever home
Rescue Remedies

Bobby PatterJack DOB 2007 Lowestoft Suffolk

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Originally posted Fri Dec 06, 2013 by xxlynne

Current Status: Homed

Bobby41.JPG

Homing Requirements: Bobby needs a family who can support him as he comes into his new life, as his foster family are now doing. Bobby would enjoy an enclosed garden and needs exit management. He is not for cats, feathers or small furries. Bobby meets dogs well but would prefer to be an only pet. He is proven to live with children.

His Story: Bobby grew up in a family where there was a lot of emotional trauma; he helped them as a comforter but couldn't go with them into the accommodation offered. He is neutered, microchipped and vaccinated. Bobby is fostered as an only dog in Lowestoft, Suffolk, in a home with one child.

Advert: Bobby entered our Rescue as a pampered, overweight pooch. He has been waking up to exercise, walks, meeting new people, and chugging along with other dogs outside. Bobby has taken it all in his stride. He has gained confidence, slimmed down, and has many friends. He is very happy in transit, housetrained, and happily helps out in the kitchen. Bobby enjoys a healthy diet with all its nutrients; meanwhile his waistline has receded and with this, Bobby has regained his youthful vigour!

Bobby is a 7-8 year old PatterJack (Patterdale x Jack Russell). He loves his foster family and beach walks too. He is trim and healthy now. Bobby loves his new life with all its new opportunities. What a character - every bit the terrier!

Interested in homing Bobby?
Please click to complete our online homing questionnaire so we can match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle.

Please visit Bobby's thread on our forum to find out whether he is still available. For full details and daily updates on all our dogs available for homing, click our forum link. Bobby is also featured on http://www.terrierrescue.co.uk.

***PLEASE NOTE: Our mission is to find every dog in our care its forever home. Our Rescue requires a minimum £175 donation for each dog at the time of adoption. These funds allow us to continue to help homeless dogs.***

Bobby42.JPG

Bobbyhome5.jpg

Bobbyboat.jpg

Bobbytown3.jpg

See Bobby's Thread Below: Watch his progress through our Rescue
Original Referral Details: Hi Lynne, I am writing to you on behalf of a young man 'D' who I know through our Church. He has a 4 year old Patterdale Terrier called Bobby who has always been attached to 'D' but has become more so since 'D'’s dad died earlier this year ( 'D' and his dad lived on their own in the house since his mum died in his childhood).

Unfortunately, 'D'’s family home in Kent has been sold to pay off outstanding debts and 'D' will have to move out on 30th November and go into supported housing which does not accept pets. He is due to receive some money from his father’s will once the house is sold and the debts repaid and this will enable him to rent somewhere privately that would accept dogs.

We are therefore looking for a home for Bobby. However, 'D' has said that he will obviously consider re-homing if that is the only alternative we can find. I met Bobby for the first time recently and he needs someone who understands how to manage Patterdale terriers. Bobby barked at me. He has said that Bobby is like this with everyone and he thinks it is because he is his only ‘pack member’ left and is very protective of him. I also wonder if Bobby has excessive energy as 'D' has suffered with depression since his dad died and I don’t think he walks him as often as he did. 'D' has a part-time, minimum wage job and can just afford to live himself but has no money at present to pay for kennels.

I have looked at your website and I wondered if you may be able to help in any way or if not, if you could possibly suggest somewhere else that might be able to meet Bobby’s needs. Many thanks, Mel 'D''s friend

Bobby came into our care on the 30th November

Bobby62.jpg
Rescue Remedies

Re: Bobby PatterJack DOB 2009 Lowestoft Foster

I met Bobby today and was greeted with friendly excitement in his kennel :)

Quite a rotund little man and he happily let me make some harness adjustments so that we were all set for our walk.

Once outside he was pretty speedy and enjoyed running in the long grass (well long for his wee little legs :laugh2: ).
We stopped for some photos and fuss and as he got to know me snuggled closer for love and attention and I got a few precious kisses :love4:
Quite the sweetie-pie :D

We had a lovely walk and having just read the intro to his thread I have to say, this little man Bobby is doing superbly well :) xxx
Rescue Remedies

Bobby is a modest little chap and seemed pleased to trot along with Truffles and Zeppo on the Charity Walk today... :love4:

... and here he is with Sabine

Sorry for Zeppo hogging the shot ... here's Bobby in close-up...

When he loses a bit of weight I reckon he should look like an ebony version of Zeppo ... would you like to join a tiny gang Bobby? ... What do you think about cats Bobby? :wink:
Rescue Remedies

Bobby has the cutest stature and bottom wiggle!! If you give him a little tickle on his back, his rear end wiggle waggles from side to side. Loved his walk, very well behaved. Liked to have a good sniff about and a rummage in the bushes but easily pulled away if he became too interested. Lovely little boy. Could fit him in my pocket and take him home for Xmas :-)
Rescue Remedies

Bobby went to spend time with Lisa today, he packed his overnight bag and we shall see how Bobby takes to Lisa's cats, he found their food and liked that! :love4:
Rescue Remedies

Bobby makes me smile.

Although he may be slightly 'chubby' he is no slouch when he's out on a walk. I think we might be kindred spirits in that department.

I did sneak one treat to him just to get a view of his cute little face.

He's proving to be a very sweet natured boy and is very good for the new walkers who are learning how to harness and get the dogs out of kennels safely.

He didn't even object to me accidentally calling him Sammy all the way round on his walk today. He's too gentlemanly to correct me.
Rescue Remedies

Enter Bobby 1st move Bobby met Wendy, Alan (and their son Mark not in the photo) today and was an instant hit

His 2nd move was to claim Mark's chair

His 3rd move was having carefully planned my 'slip way' exit, to witness Bobby wake up to the 2 African Grey Parrots...I can tell you Bobby didn't notice me go...and I left in deep prayer that he will learn to settle alongside the parrots :pray:
Rescue Remedies

Bobby had his second vaccination on Tuesday and today SarahK transported him to the vet for a dental. He is feeling a lot better now with bright knashers and relief of 3 bad teeth out.

He has lost more weight and looks a lot more comfortable in himself.
Rescue Remedies

Well hello there Bobby! I love a little Terrier, but Bobby is to die for. He's absolutely gorgeous in the flesh! I'm not an expert with breeds, but his eyes and face remind me of a dachshund. This means his eyes really draw you in and are almost begging you ,without saying or doing anything, for a treat. I didn't give in though, he's still quite large for his size :) Bobby was really easy to harness, a joy to walk and really enjoyed almost toppling me over when he jumped on my lap as I knelt next to him to harness him.... (he's a little heavy) :laugh2:

Rescue Remedies

I've had the best day with Bobby and it's been a big day for him. I met up with Lynne at the vets and swapped Lena for Bobby, popped him into my car whilst we sorted out a couple of things and then took him for a quick walk before setting off onto the M25 for Burnham on Crouch. Bobby was a star passenger sitting on the front seat trying to crawl onto my lap when he felt I was not giving him enough attention. Once we arrived he hopped out of the car and started sniffing his way around town. We found our way to the riverside where I popped him onto an extender lead and off he went! Susiebee is right when she said he is a bit of a go-getter on a walk as he was not going to leave an inch of the walk un-sniffed and at one point it seemed un-marked either! We walked to the end of the quay, back to the start through town and along the river to the marina. All told we were out for two hours and by the end of it he was still running along the length of the extender lead and bounding up and down stairs. Bobby was so well behaved, very Terrier and also very responsive to his name and to me asking him to follow where I was going. He met Labs, a Westie, Spaniels, a Malamute, a Staffie etc etc really well with interest and very laid back vibes. Can't say the same for cycles though so keep an eye out for them when you're with him!

Being very brave on the sea wall

Deciding to leave the sea wall!

Lip licking sea air

Terrier stance

Caught him at full speed!

We made it back just as the rain started really coming down and after a quick towelling off he decided that perhaps a little snooze was in order and he slept through the journey across the Essex countryside to our rendezvous with Tim and his lad Charley who had kindly driven down through Suffolk to take Bobby into foster. We arrived early so had a few minutes of snuggle time where he crawled onto my chest, I wrapped him in a clean towel and he fell asleep facing me and as warm as toast. When Tim arrived Bobby had a quick introduction to him, jumped up into the back of the car, hello to Charley with a wagging tail and I left him scrabbling up his new blanket to make himself comfy for the drive.

Tim, Christine and Charley will be brilliant for Bobby and there was even talk of beach walks to bring the youngster out in him! He is a wonderful Terrier, quite easy and about perfect for someone who likes their Terrier out ahead on walks and cuddled up when at home.

I know I'm a Jack fan but Bobby is a special little chap and I'm so happy to have had the loveliest day in his company. Be happy Bobby!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”