Kiki Whippet x Staffie DOB 2010 - 9th May 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Kiki Whippet x Staffie DOB 2010 - 9th May 2022

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Kiki52.jpg
Kiki.jpg
Kiki needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. Kiki is good meeting dogs generally but can get perturbed without warning so has learnt to walk on muzzle and she is easily managed but ofcourse this will restrict her homeability but then she needs a responsible family who recognise walking is a very small % of dog ownership and afterall Kiki is brilliant in the house, garden and with people. Only pet status. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Kiki was abandoned at a vet reception in June 14, already chipped but previous owner unresponsive. Chip revealed name: Kiki Age: 2010 Chipped Feb 2012. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and saved Kiki's life. Kiki is now spayed her and fully vaccinated. Kiki is in boarding kennels nr. Godstone

About Kiki: Kiki is gentle, reserved with strangers but Mrs Personality once she relaxes. She actually meets most dogs really well and is easy to walk in public however on rare occasions she has not tolerated an off lead dog bouncing over or passing by so she is now walked on a muzzle and all are able to relax and enjoy meeting dogs. Kiki is housetrained, getting used to relaxing in the car on journeys, and makes a big impact with people she meets. Gentle around children and loves to play fetch and loves carrying sticks. Very trainable, sitting at kerbs when asked, and responds to known commands. Kiki checks back to her handlers always.

Kiki is a beautiful copper tan & white ?Whippet x Staffie in her 4th year. Everybody loves Kiki she is soooo personable and volunteers make a bee-line to walk her and we have 3 separate families offering days and weekend out such is her popularity. Just her rare unpredicability with close encounters with dogs stops her finding her home: The lucky family who value her brilliance in the home will never look back. "Kiki..don't go breaking my heart!" as the song goes.

Visit Kiki's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Kiki.jpg
Kiki56.jpg
Kiki45.jpg
Kiki49.jpg
See Kiki's Thread Below. Watch her progress through our Rescue.
Original Referral Details: Can anyone please help to rehome this girl? Vets had her dumped on them last week: a man walked into the vet, asked the receptionist to look after her while he made a phone call and then drove away. She is microchipped but the person registered (West Central London) says he sold her a year ago to someone he doesn’t know. The vet that chipped her (local to the dog’s registered address) hasn’t seen her since 2012. Her name is “Kiki”. She’s registered as a crossbreed, born in 2010. I’ve put a picture of her on Twitter appealing for information and I’ve checked Doglost: no luck from either. Is anyone able to help? Many Thanks Dog warden

Outside the vets post spay on the day we took Kiki in:
KikiJul111.jpg
KikiJul3.jpg
KikiJul9.jpg
johnfowle

Re: Kiki Crossbreed DOB 2010 TunbridgeWells Temp Foster

Post by johnfowle »

Yes, she is quite beautiful. We all had a very disturbed night with a massive thunder storm....and Kiki (and Izzy, in particular) found it very frightening. All three of us gave each other the comfort we were craving and the dogs soon stopped panting and settled down to sleep.

She didn't want any supper last night....but it was so hot, it didn't really matter. Even this morning she only took her chicken from the hand, but she has just come in from her two hour walk in the shade and she has taken the rest of her breakfast and a good long drink.

She's on the whole great with dogs....had a bit of a "do" with one of the other residents who continually lunged at her during the thunderstorm, but she met quite a lot of dogs on her walk and she was fine and, although we told she was nervous, I have not seen that in her as yet but earluy days , and she greeted her dogwalker this morning and my lady "wot does" with a wagging tail and a smile.

Where Lynne gets these super dogs from I have no idea....I do know that Kiki will be a delight to whoever has the good fortune to foster her or, better still, to adopt her.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Kiki is probably the most "complete" dog I have had the pleasure of fostering. She has proved herself to be excellent with dogs....reserved when approached by a particularly aggressive off lead dog today....playing wonderfully well with those who were willing to play....loves chasing after sticks, bringing them back, dropping them and sitting patiently for you to throw them off again. From this you can see that, although she's not supposed to be off lead herself, she spent the entire two hours of her walk this morning playing and running through the woods quite freely....her recall is excellent. (Perhaps I should explain that there is a large enclosed paddock near here used by quite a no. of people, and this gives a good indication of how well dogs on with each other. She greets people somewhat nervously, but with a gently, wagging tail, and loves all the attention she receives because of her super marking.

She doesn't like being left by herself in the house, but she is more than happy to share the front room with an increasing number of other residents....currently there are Zena, Benny (lurcher), Gucci with Kiki snoozing beside me on the settee which she is sharing with Jackson.

She is one lovely dog with so much to offer.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

This afternoon Kiki has sat in her armchair in the front room (together with Gucci, Sadie, Benny (lurcher). Jackson and Zena. all together, even when I went out to make up the food bowls. She got out a couple of times after I came back in and all that was needed was a finger pointing where to go and "In your bed" and she was straight back.

She's been well trained and cared for....slightly under weight (I say that about all "my" dogs)....but a lovely dog.

Such a good girl
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Well, it's all going well at the moment. Kiki had another super walk today with her special walker who takes her to the enclosed space near where we live. She had another long time off lead and really enjoyed collecting as many sticks, branches, whole trees as she could....at the moment her bedroom has seven quite large branches she has managed to get into the car following her walks!!

She's quite a fussy eater, and I spend a fair amount of time hand feeding her....and I've tried so many different types of food all with similar rejection.

But, with this apart, she is a truly lovely dog with a gently wagging tail and a slightly shy and reserved nature. She will make you very happy if you have the good fortune to offer her a home.
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Walked new girl Kiki today at Godstone. What a sweetheart she is too :smiley-gen132.gif:
Very attentive and walks very nicely on the lead. Loves her tennis ball, will bring it straight back to you and give it up to be thrown again :biggrin.gif:
I think this girl will have rather a fan club I reckon ;)
estellep

Post by estellep »

Kiki is so gorgeous!! She looks like a little panda! :smiley-love029.gif:
Tim

Post by Tim »

To sum up Kiki in one word WOW - We have fallen in love with this beauty - She's got the most gorgeous colouring!
I was told she can be a bit nervous so when entering her kennel to play ball with her for a couple of minutes - a couple of minutes later we were best of friends and off we went to meet Rachel at the paddock.

She really is a beauty,loves the ball (and treats) and very very friendly - We both felt confident enough to even take the ball from her mouth - although like most dogs she loves her treats - in the video you'll see me place a treat on my knee and she doesn't take it until told - how good is that :biggrin.gif:

A photo or two:

untitled-0552.jpg
untitled-0515.jpg
untitled-0518.jpg
untitled-0536.jpg
untitled-0549.jpg
untitled-0519.jpg
untitled-0508.jpg
untitled-0514.jpg
On the way back - She's still got her ball :)
untitled-0564.jpg
Kiki playing ball
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
SarahW

Re: Kiki Crossbreed DOB 2010 Godstone Kenns

Post by SarahW »

Got a chance to walk Kiki on Wednesday - some work was being done to the side of her kennel so I grabbed my chance to take her out :mrgreen: . I had been admiring her since the previous Saturday. Lovely friendly girl. Stunningly beautiful with a very sweet, gentle nature. Can't imagine she will be with us long. Love her!

Video: Kiki in the paddock
Kiki1.jpg
Kiki2.jpg
Kiki3.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”