Dog Vests

All suggestions welcome, but remember, if you make a suggestion and we like it, we hope that you will also get involved in any volunteer action needed to make it work!
Lee10

Dog Vests

Post by Lee10 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi,

I recently fostered Marley from Guildford for a weekend. I had numerous people speaking to me about Marley, and I ended up explaining about RR and how Marley was looking for a home.

I'm unsure if this has ever been suggested, or if not what people's view would be on the matter, however I was wondering if the dog could wear a dog vest which might advertise and raise awarness of the charity, and say something like: RESCUE DOG REQUIRES NEW HOME

We could also have other vests that might say: NERVOUS DOG etc.

Please let me know your views, I hope this is the correct way of approaching this subject.

Lee
:smiley-signs002.gif:

phil66

Re: Dog Vests

Post by phil66 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:22 pm

I think it's a good idea. Something like the equafleece t shirt for the summer (Rufus has one to keep him cool) would be good with the RR logo and web address

MrsP

Post by MrsP » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Hiya, Ruth has always put them on her fosters but made them herself.....

Dion modelling his
DSCN1424.JPG
Dion and Jackson - handsome walking adverts
DSCN1442.JPG
You can get the reflective vests quite cheaply and then I guess it's a permanent marker????

Feeling crafty Lee? ;)

Lee10

Post by Lee10 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:46 pm

I think I am..... :smiley-confused004.gif:

Found a company that can do the printing, so I'll do some pricing up. :smiley-computer012.gif:

WaggyTails

Post by WaggyTails » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:08 pm

Well done Laura for remembering! Yes I bought a whole load of hi vis vests off eBay & just wrote on them with a permanent marker. Simple, cheap & effective! Very good for foster dogs!
STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS

Wander Woman

Post by Wander Woman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:55 pm

Yep, we have done the same! I think I found this dog jacket on special at Wilko one day. This photo was taken sometime in late 2012(?), I think. During this hot weather, I think a bandana or special lead might be good.
BennyJacket.jpg
"The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" - Jeremy Bentham

marknsal

Post by marknsal » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Well as an experiment have ordered a couple of hi Viz medium size dogs coats with Rescue Remedies on them to see what they look like. Will pounce on bella to model them when they arrive and post a piccy

Return to “Suggestion Box - Make Them Here But YOU Volunteer!”