Spike Staffie DOB 02.03 - 12.11.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Spike Staffie DOB 02.03 - 12.11.18

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Spike0048.jpg
Hi Lynne, Our beloved Spike was put to sleep yesterday evening. (12.11.18) We are devastated at losing him. He was a major part of our life. We have notified Luisa who introduced him to us 5 and 1/2 years ago. Beverley and Graham Constable
Spike.jpg
Spike's thread below:
Originally posted Mon Jun 10, 2013 by xxlynne
Current Status: Homed

Homing Requirements: Spike needs his family ... NOW! He is an older Staffie who could live with children, but not cats or another dog. He needs a secure garden and keen exit management as he had the habit of getting out of his last home. Spike travels well in the car though initially he is a little vocal.

Video: SPIKE speaks. PART ONE: Looking for a home
Video: Spike happy to watch Bow

His Story: Spike was found stray and this time unclaimed. He initially shot out of his kennel given the chance but has now settled - perhaps he likes to go for walks! His new family will have to be aware in case he 'door darts'. Spike is now neutered, chipped and vax'd.

Advert: Spike is a wonderful example of the Stafford. He is all smiles and adores company. He loves to be out and about so don't please think he is retired ... he has got a lot of living ahead. He is an easy mixer but a little bit too interested in life for a cat's comfort. He is housetrained and amenable, with a bonus lick given with every encounter.

Spike is an 11 year old Staffie according to his chip, though you wouldn't guess. His name doesn't suit him and in fact he is very, very soft. His teeth are fine and his general health is good. He is a wonderful example of his breed and he would suit a first time dog owner family.

Interested in homing Spike?
Please click to complete our online homing questionnaire so we can match you with a dog that suits with your lifestyle.

Please visit Spike's thread on our forum to find out if he is still available. For full details and daily updates on all our dogs available for homing, Click our forum link. Spike is also featured on http://www.staffierescue.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: Our mission is to find every dog in our care its forever home. Our Rescue requires a minimum £175 donation for each dog at the time of adoption. These funds allow us to continue to help homeless dogs.***

ImageImage
ImageImage

See Spike's Thread Below. Watch his progress through our Rescue.

Original Referral Details: Pound assessment White/Black SBT Male 10 yrs Avail from 4/6/13 Has to leave by 10/6/13 else PTS. Chipped –owner doesn’t want. Good bodily condition-hard hearing?? Good with people – not child tested. Good with dogs…not with cats! Knows Sit. Not into treats.
Very sweet older boy..very chilled out and calm! Prefers people to toys. Nice all round dog-make a nice companion!!

Spike comes tomorrow
Rescue Remedies

Re: Spike Staffie DOB 02.03 Carshalton Foster

Met the wonderful Spike today, we shared a ride together , he was my front seat passenger for 10 mins then admitted into our vets for 1st vac, neuter and chipping. John collected him this afternoon and took him into Godstone kennels..now safe and needing a new caring home.
Rescue Remedies

Spike is doing very well in kennels. Loves his walks and mixes well with other dogs. Becoming a favourite so soon on arrival!!
Rescue Remedies

Spike is truly a lovely boy, he loves people is a very easy walk, loves treats just so long as he is out of his kennel or at the very least the are offered to him in the kennel with him, the only thing he doesn't like is being left, bless him.

Oh and maybe not water, he enjoyed a lovely walk with Bow this morning and was happy to sit and watch her play in the river, he wasn't over impressed when he got a little wet :wink:

Video:Spike happy to watch Bow

Rescue Remedies

Spike is indeed a lovely boy. He waited patiently to get his harness on and walked really nicely on the lead. He walked with Hayley and Louise and Hayley loved being with Spike and took confidence from him and Spike was just the perfect gentleman, letting her walk close behind or alongside him. He is a super, gentle, little Staffie who would make a lovely companion for a lucky family.

Rescue Remedies

I enjoyed walking Spike today, we had quite a long walk on our own and he seemed very content and i don't know if he is different when walking in a group but pulling on the lead was just not Spikes agenda, he was so good, until we saw a cat and then he pulled as he just knew it was around somewhere but overall he was excellent dog to walk and was very sweet in his kennel when I put his harness on. Lovely little lad xx
Rescue Remedies

You know I met Spike on Saturday and hadn't realized he wasn't a youngster! He is so FIT!

His serious sun worshipping side!

Rescue Remedies

Spike has gone into foster with Belinda and Paul and their wonderful family of 4 children and 4 dogs. Spike passed the 'Ted Test' REALLY well and proved himself to a be fluent bombproof dog. His foster family are aware he is at risk of door darting which was noticeable by him hovering and relating to the front door in the first 30 mins into the house. Brilliant Staffie ...couldn't take pictures as my camera battery went but Belinda has promised to capture him out and about 'at play and at work'
Rescue Remedies

Spike has been with us for nearly a week now and has fitted in beautifully with our 2 Greyhounds,1 Lurcher and a very grumpy Skye Terrier - not an easy feat for any dog. He takes everything in his stride and nothing fazes him even being in our rather busy household.
We've compared him to our Greyhounds ie likes to sleep a lot and has a very soft and gentle personality.
He is wonderful with the kids even taking himself to bed at their bedtime to sleep on their beds until the following morning.
Walking Spike you definitely wouldn't think he was 10 years old. He is very happy to go on longish walks - having more energy than one of our 4 year old dogs!
Spike is not focusing on the front door anymore and only goes there to greet you on your return.
He is one of the nicest, happiest dogs we have had the pleasure in meeting and would be a real asset to any home.

Rescue Remedies

Met Spike at kennels for the first time this morning and took him for a walk. He was so easy to harness, even though Big Al was watching!! He really is a gorgeous dog. he walked really well next to me most of the time and didn't pull. We passed 4 off lead dogs, and I wasn't sure how he would respond so I got him to sit and wait, he was very good. At the end of the track I asked him to sit for a treat and he gave me his paw. He then had a little lie down before walking back next to Sarah and Ollie. both dogs were very good.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”