Shona Deaf Staffie DofB ?2013 - 21.10.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Shona Deaf Staffie DofB ?2013 - 21.10.18

Post by xxlynne »

Shona7.JPG
Dear Shona, sadly died this afternoon (21.10.18) She left us suddenly and died peacefully.. She was such a sweet Staffie girl loved by all
Shona.jpg
Shona's thread below:
Shona's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Yorkshire council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Shona is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Shona is profoundly deaf: and is now in boarding kennels nr Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family
DSC06709[1].JPG
PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.
DSC06723[1].JPG
DSCF5799.jpgshona[1].jpg
Please click for Shona's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.

Shona's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Spoken to pound in Yorkshire- the three staffie girls will be put to sleep next week - asap after the weekend.
Pound is full and they have been there longest xx C
Shona.jpg
anne

Re: Shona Deaf Staffie DofB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Shona is a sweet, friendly girl, busy and energetic on her walk this morning.
First walk with Shona...

DSCF5795.jpgshona.jpg
DSCF5796.jpgshona.jpg
DSCF5799.jpgshona.jpg
DSCF5800.jpgshona.jpg
Sarahk

Re: Shona Deaf Staffie DofB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Shona was keen to take a look around as she arrived into our care on Friday ...
DSC06710.JPG
DSC06716.JPG
and keen to have cuddles too love4.gif
DSC06722.JPG
:welcome.gif: love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
EmmaD

Re: Shona Deaf Staffie DofB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by EmmaD »

Shona is just a ridiculously sweet little girl! She might be deaf, but that in no way affects her lust for life. This cute little wiggle bum was super company yesterday - trots around checking everything out, very connected to her walker looking back, and more than happy to stop for a belly rub. Super dinky, super sweet and super ready for a home!!

Shona's only trouble yesterday ? A daft walker who called her Shola in her video - you just can't get decent walkers these days ! My only excuse is that Shola too is a lovely woofer, but make no mistake, this post is ALL about the wonderful SHONA!!!

Shona_opt.jpg
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Totally agree with what Emma said about little Shona - she`s gorgeous, sweet, dinky (she`s much smaller than she looks in her photos) and fun loving. She welcomed me into her kennel yesterday with a waggy tail and bum, she didn't want any treats just wanted to get her harness on and get out bless her. We walked with kennel mate Stella (and Brenda) and Shona was happy to take the lead with Stella plodding along behind, Shona checking back now and then to see she was still with us. She may be deaf but someone has taught her some things as when we got back to the kennels as soon as I produced a treat she sat and gave me her paw (she knew what was expected of her) and she thoroughly enjoyed them this time too. angel13.gif]
pits

Post by pits »

Here's Shona playing with her beloved boomer ball as filmed by volunteer Suzanne:

amerbob

Re: Shona Deaf Staffie DofB ?2013 Guildford Temp Foster

Post by amerbob »

I've had the privilege of having Shona stay with me for a few days to give her a chance to recover from a trip to the vet on Saturday. She is such a lovely, affectionate little dog, who manages to pack a Great Dane sized personality into one of those little pocket sized staffy bodies.

A few things to note:

1. She really is deaf. And not in a "deaf when I'm being called away from something more fun, but I can totally hear my food being prepared" way. She will need to find a home that has the patience to learn how to communicate with her, but she is eager for attention, so she should be keen to learn.
2. She is quite needy. I don't know how much of that is because she may not be feeling 100%, but she has demanded a lot of attention from me over the past few days and has a good bark if I have the temerity to do something that doesn't involve her, and sometimes mouths a little to get my attention. She has only been with me for a few days though, I'm quite sure that she'd settle down, given time. Even so, I'd say that she needs a home where she'll be the centre of attention. Things that stop her barking? Food, lots of attention, the stuffed toy monkey that I gave her and finally, being taken out for a walk. I think some of the attention seeking is an excess of energy - tire her out a little and suddenly you find yourself with a snoozy lapdog. Which brings me neatly to point number 3.....
3. She does the cutest staffy snoring. Just the cutest. Snuffly, snoozy, snuggly snorey staffy.

Shona is an absolute gem of a dog and any home would be lucky to have her and all of the love that she has to give :smiley-love014.gif:
Shona.jpg
xxlynne

Re: DEAR Shona Deaf Staffie DofB ?2013 - 21.10.18

Post by xxlynne »

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We are all coming to terms with Shona having left us late this afternoon. We believe she didn't suffer but it must have been her heart

Shona is now buried close to us and will be with us forever.

Thank you Shona for being such a delightful little girl
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Run free little girl [cry.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

Devastated that this sweet girl did not find her happy ending. It is awful to lose one of our dogs in rescue, so difficult for all of us who work within RR and support all the very special dogs who pass through. Run free and happy across the rainbow bridge sweet Shona. xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”