Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Heathfield

Dogs that have found their forever home
EmmaNicole

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

So we are not supposed to admit to having favourites but Missie is fast becoming one of mine. Yes she can be stubborn and she does have her little moments of total moo bagness but despite her little foibles she is the most amazing dog. When you enter her kennel despite her being so excited for her walk she sits beautifully and waits for you to harness her up and clip on her leads. Then she's definitely ready for the off. Due to excitement she does pull for the first few minutes but after that she really is very good on the lead. On Saturday I walked Missie whilst my hubbie Rob walked her kennel neighbour Baily. Both of them behaved beautifully with each other. When behind Missie is patient and happy to follow along and when in front she very sweetly checks behind her from time to time to ensure the group are keeping up. If she feels they are lagging behind she stops until they catch up. Missie is great with other dogs and pays them no attention. Missie's biggest vice is she doesn't like to stand still so there's no real stopping for a chat with fellow dog walkers when Missie is in charge 0028.gif. Oh and be warned if walking the fields she is very partial to sampling the numerous cow pats! Missie could also do with losing a couple of pounds but I'm sure this could easily be achieved with regular walks and not too many marmite sandwiches ;-) Poor Missie has been waiting a very long time for her forever humans and would really like a home to call her own so she can show everyone just what a good girl she can be.
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

Missie really is a wonderful girl, so loving, so attentive and a constant source of hilarity! Here are some photos we took on a fairly recent pub trip. Missie loves being out and about, taking in all the sights, smells and wanting to make new friends. She lets you know if she think it's time to move on and loves building a circle of friends around her.
3205eafb-5c78-4268-bfe5-a9cc7d37178c.jpg
5a665fc0-1183-4a8a-9d7b-d0efd7b464cd.jpg
4a6ef344-77bb-4c76-a5cc-3120cc5d20c1.jpg
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

Sarah and I were sooooo excited to take Missie out yesterday and it's fair to say Missie was feeling the same way!! She is a strong girl and will want to 'encourage' you to be quick in putting on her harness and leads, yet listens if you ask her to sit and wait.

We went in our usual loooong walk and Missie was exemplary. She kept a close eye as we passed 6 horses staring at her as we passed close by, but she had no reaction, except looking like she was smiling at them!! Two off lead dogs and horses being ridden next to her later, we tightened the leads just in case but this awesome girl is rock solid, smiled up at us and kept walking.

You'll have read previously in her thread Missie is exuberant and clear of what she does and doesn't want to do. But her dearest wish is to be with you, show she loves you and receive affection back. She's voice responsive and makes strong eye contact and is expressive, mostly of joy! She is friendly to all; I've never seen a reaction where she doesn't like a person or a dog in all my time knowing her. She meets all with a confident friendliness, expecting to make friends wherever she goes. Yet she too forms strong bonds with those close to her and remembers you, even through a few months absence.

This girl has such a strong following because she is some kind of amazing. Beautiful inside and out, she is ready for the right home with a large dog sized space in it. We will be broken hearted to say goodbye to her and yet dance with joy for hours when her forever home comes.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

So like many other walkers I am part of the missie fan club and I think she has now accepted me as her friend. When I turned up on Saturday she had been moved to a kennel where she could see the driveway and bless her the moment she heard me her head was up smiling at me saying yay my walker is here. Missie loves her walks but when you enter her kennel she is always very good and sits down so you can get her harness on ASAP 😀. She got a little frustrated with ,e yesterday as the first harness I had was too small and so I had to go in search of a larger one but when I cam back,once told to sit she quickly obliged so that we could harness up and get on our way. Once out missie is a good girl on lead. Whilst missie does like to be in front on a walk she is respectful of lead length and doesn’t pull. The plus side of this is you get to watch her cute rump waddling in front of you. I did however discover that as well as not standing still for too long missie has a second vice which is squirrels! Given half a chance missie would very much like to chase them but a quick no and she complies and carry’s on as normal.

As well as being a lovely walking companion missie also gives lovely cuddles. After our walk missie and I enjoyed some time in the small paddock. Chief and biscuit were in the mia. Paddock and made their presence known but in true missie style she completely ignored them and instead came and leans against me for a lovely bum scratch and cuddle.

Missie is not the smallest dog, not helped by the fact she is a little more rotund than ideal at present. However she is what I would personally call a modem sized girl, typical lab size but with the biggest heart which so deserves a family and sofa to call her own. To know missie is to love missie and alth9ugh I would be extremely sad to not see her gorgeous face around the kennels I too, like many others would be over the moon the day she finds her forever humans. 😍😍
Stu

Post by Stu »

When Karen and I were walking yesterday with Karen (a bit confusing) and Missie we were approached by an off the lead Boxer who rushed up to meet our dogs both of whom were completely unfazed and after much sniffing the Boxer eventually lost interest. I think it is safe to say that neither dog has a problem with other dogs.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Missie likes nothing better than rolling in frosty grass and doesn't seem a bit bothered by the cold because she still walks through puddles although she didn't ask to go for a bathe in the stream which was maybe a bit much even for her. Despite being in kennels for such a long time Missie remains cheerful and certainly loves her walks. It would be so nice if we could find her a home she so deserves to be with a loving family.
xxlynne

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Heathfield

Post by xxlynne »

Today was a very special day at the kennels...very busy and Missie's meet was putting a smile on everyone's faces. Stuart came in early under the weather but smiling and after returning from their walk with Vicky & Dave and their little girl with a twinkle in his eye. Lindsay & Ant were there and sharing the love and joy as were all onsite walkers on site and kennel staff.

When is came for photos Missie was tuned out..time to go, umm anyone else to meet? Missie smile.. pleaseee...

Missiehomed1.JPG
Missiehomed2.JPG
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:

blob6.gif] love4.gif blob6.gif] love4.gif blob6.gif] love4.gif blob6.gif] love4.gif

:smiley-bounce016.gi:

:smiley-dance017.gif: fan bloomin tastic :smiley-dance017.gif:

Happy ever after Missie and your wonderful family xxx

woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Massive congratulations! You do realise you are just about the most popular family in the world today 0002.gif]
Missie, you have waited too long but now you have your family, so be happy and enjoy each other.
banana10.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
laura_lorelei

Post by laura_lorelei »

love4.gif Wow what wonderful news, Missie was our first choice, but unfortunately wasn't suited to our home life so we rehomed another RR dog last year. I'm so pleased she's finally home, how wonderful. Wishing you many happy years together. love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”