Libby (Nyla) Staffie x DofB 21.12.15 Deal Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Libby (Nyla) Staffie x DofB 21.12.15 Deal Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Original Post by xxlynne Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm
Current Status: Homed
Nyla44.JPG
Nyla's Story: Nyla lived with Buds, another Staffie cross. They were taken to the vet to be put to sleep, as they killed a cat that ventured into their garden. The vet assessed their temperaments as great and got them signed over so they could find them a responsible Rescue place. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving their lives. Nyla is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Nyla was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Nyla43.JPG
Nyla45.JPG
Nyla's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
13.07.18: We were emailed ..Good Morning
I am a vet nurse in Birmingham, we had 2 young Staffordshire bull terriers crosses booked in for euthanasia as they have killed a cat.
My senior vet refused to put them to sleep as they where otherwise health and happy. We have had them for 2 days and have not been able to place them. They have shown no aggression towards people or each other whilst been in our care. Is the anything you can do to help to prevent use from putting them to sleep. Kind regards Mx
BudsNyla2.JPG
BudsNyla.JPG
xxlynne

Re: Nyla Staffie x DofB 21.12.15 Petworth

Post by xxlynne »

Jan case:

Geoff and I met newbies Buds and Nyla yesterday and took them for a walk. These two are beautiful looking dogs. They were both already harnessed up so after a little hand sniffing we went in to put their leads on. Buds is a big, steady, friendly placid boy. Nyla was so scared once I’d put the lead on her harness that she peed in fear and bolted into the other part of her kennel, we asked the wonderful kennel staff for some help and with lots of reassurance Nyla came out of her kennel and agreed to go for a walk with me and Buds and Geoff. She settled very quickly on her walk, looking to Buds for reassurance and after a very short space of time checking up with me for reassurance too. We all had a lovely walk with lots of stops for sniffs and a paddle in the stream. A gaggle of 5 or 6 teenagers with bikes caused Nyla some anxiety but we stepped well aside and a gravy bone biscuit made everything fine! I should emphasise that there was no growling or barking she just looked anxious again and obviously preferred to be out of the way to one side. Both Buds and Nyla walk beautifully on the lead with no pulling. When we got back they both went happily enough into their kennel but they didn't want us to leave them, so it was quite tricky getting out without them! Even the chicken chews were no competition for a bit more friendly fussing. I know they will settle, but it was very hard to walk away from them. Staffies are particularly people oriented and these two really wanted us to stay. Gorgeous pair.
xxlynne

Re: Nyla Staffie x DofB 21.12.15 Petworth

Post by xxlynne »

Lee, Vicky and their children Rhiannon, Rhys & Seren brought Thornley to Gatwick today to meet his brother and owners Simon and Jenny.
ArnoldThornley1.JPG
ArnoldThornley2.JPG
And somehow 0002.gif] they ended up looking at dogs and took Nyla into foster for a few days!

NylaThornley (1).JPG
NylaThornley (2).JPG
NylaThornley (3).JPG
NylaThornley (4).JPG
Sarahk

Re: Nyla Staffie x DofB 21.12.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Nyla is one beautiful girl - absolute sweetheart love4.gif
DSC06459.JPG
DSC06456.JPG
DSC06461.JPG
DSC06455.JPG
DSC06458.JPG
DSC06460.JPG
DSC06463.JPG
DSC06467.JPG
DSC06468.JPG
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely walk with Nyla this morning, accompanied by her friend, Buds, who walked with Teresa. She is much less nervous than before she went into a home so able to enjoy her time out so much more. Both Nyla and Buds have a lot to say to any passing dogs but other than that Nyla is a gentle, easy companion to walk with. love4.gif
honeymonster

Post by honeymonster »

Beautiful Nyla stole our hearts. We had nyla in Foster for a week. She isn't sure on the lead and preferred gentle alone walks with my husband so she could just sniff and take in her surroundings, she can be reactive to passing dogs but corrected quickly not sure how much outside time she had previously. She liked sunbathing, or doing zoomies in the garden. Her play is typical Staffie and our mastiff puppy who is big and clumsy struggled to keep up, but again easy to distract especially if you have a tennis ball. She loves the sofa and a bed! Can do sit. Paw and took treats gently. She could definitely be easily treat trained, she is house trained and was OK being left for a few hours. Nyla let's her nerves get the better of her she likes cuddles and reassurance if you ask her if she's a good girl her little tail helicopters 😘in the right environment this beautiful girl will flourish. She's young and so wants to be loved. It broke us to have to return her but felt that our environment wasn't the best to help her succeed. 3 noisy children don't give you time to relax and she was always her most relaxed in the evening once the hustle and bustle had gone. She will make someone an amazing companion she has so much to give I truly believe her rightful mummy and daddy are out there ready with a sofa you will be repaid in sloppy kisses 😝🙏🙏 I have a video and pictures but can't get them to attach
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Nyla was much less nervous today when I got her out of the kennel. She walks beautifully and is calm and well behaved. I think she is settling down, bless her, it's all been so scary for her lately. We walked in the pouring rain today and Nyla was quite happy for me to rub her down with a towel afterwards. Quite, calm and kind works for Nyla right now. She a very lovely dog and will reward someone when her trust, confidence and true personality emerges.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I walked Nyla and Buds on Tuesday and had such a lovely walk with them both. Nyla is still quite anxious when you first go in their kennel, but obviously keen to get out for a walk, so a gentle approach and we were all set to go. Nyla likes to sniff where Buds has sniffed and vice versa. Buds is very strong on the lead but Nyla is easy to manage. They both were unimpressed by a man blackberrying with his terrier in the woods, but it was just barking with absolutely no malice there and they happily stepped off the path for a treat whilst he went by. Down at the stream they were both keen to get in the water and proceeded to have a lovely play together, allowing Geoff and I to tangle their leads up! So when we got back we took them to the paddock so they could play properly together off lead. And they did. They had a wonderful time, playing tug with a football and play wrestling with each other. I know Lynne is prepared to rehome these two separately, but if anyone has room and wanted an instant canine family that obviously love each other and play so well together, then you have it with these two. They’re gorgeous. Nyla takes treats very gently and she was limping at one point in her walk and was very happy for me to check her paw out, after which the limp had miraculously disappeared. She is very biddable, and keen to please.
66A2ECD8-64A2-4C84-A8AA-C198B8A90D03.jpeg
8E8A61C9-9249-4E6A-91E4-23138211422D.jpeg
FDB7DD6E-1F13-4830-A249-8D1029FB47ED.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I walked Buds and Nyla yesterday. They are a really delightful pair of Staffies. There was no hesitation with Nyla today, she was right there beside me in the kennel waiting for me to put her leads on, whilst Buds was trying to say hello as well. She ignores the other dogs we are passing in the kennel block and obviously really enjoyed being outside, celebrating with a luxurious roll in the grass! Nyla is easy to walk and very obedient to commands. We had a lovely walk again, including a stop in the stream, they both love the water, Nyla was trying to catch some leaves drifting by, I was very proud of her when she succeeded. We took them both back to the paddock for a play afterwards because they really do love to play together. This week there was lots of rolling and asking for bellies to be tickled as well as playing football. They both ignored the cyclist who suddenly appeared from behind us on the walk, and the baby in the buggy elicited a polite glance in the general direction at the strange noise!! Beautiful dogs.
CED039E4-A1DD-4168-BE70-0B2E32193525.jpeg
049008B4-B0CE-458A-BFC1-A8ADA6E6A648.jpeg
48D1CA82-C840-45C0-A653-BCCD04A31AC5.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I walked Nyla today whilst Geoff walked Buds. They were very keen to get out and we set off like steam trains with Nyla adding the odd dance into the pot! Nyla is a very beautiful girl, and she is very responsive to commands. I love walking her. She decided today was the day to throw herself in her back and wiggle in the grass as much as she could today! So we kept getting the leads tangled up, and she was so very good about letting me untangle them, she has a lovely nature. Back to the paddock for play with Buds, and a cuddle of course xxxxx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”