Luke Staffiex DofB 01.02.16 Ryde IOW

Dogs that have found their forever home
YasminAA

Re: Luke Staffiex DofB 01.02.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by YasminAA »

This dog is a dream! Gentle from the outset, happy to be harnessed, walks nicely, does not pull and sits and offers his paw so sweetly. An absolute little treasure! I will make sure I take more videos as nothing I say will showcase his qualities better than he can do (battery died so annoyingly couldn't take today!).
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Another first for me this weekend, walking Luke. What a handsome boy he is, on coming out of the kennels we had bouncy Luke and Reggie keen for the off, but within 10 minutes they settled lovely together and were two happy boys. It was lovely to see them so happy to be out. Luke is a sensitive soul and does love his little stops for a cuddle and when we stopped for a longer time (for sausages) he had a very happy back wiggle for a nice long time. Easy, handsome, with a little cheeky side is Luke - walking back he did the sweet grin a fair few times licking his lips ..... 'umm do you have a treat for me?'. He didn't get as many as he could have had, but he did get lots of good boys and chin scratches angel13.gif]
Luke 2.jpg
Luke.jpg
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

My first time walking Luke at the weekend and I was immediately in love! 😍

He was happy and calm greeting me, standing still while I harnessed him for our walk together.

He walked with myself and two of my friends, and was super happy! A little ladies man 😂 frequently checking we were all still there.

He walks quite strongly on the lead but he’s still young! I think it was more that he was keen to get going. He seemed interested in other dogs, people, and bikes - trying to pull to say hello to everyone!

We then stopped for a cuddle by the river bank. Luke has beautiful silky fur and looks a bit like a tiger in the sun! He loved the attention and cuddles, as you can see in the video nothing could distract him from being stroked! He was then bounding around and rolling in the grass around us - or trying to snuggle underneath us 😂

Send in your forms for Luke - he is still so young and all he wants is love and play time !!! 🐶

16FAC91A-5DF2-494F-BDF9-536E3DE7C7D0.jpeg

95489B54-2E31-4C4F-8FCE-F3CD8B7520EB.jpeg
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Love this boy. He is one of the most calm staffs I have ever known. Sometimes he can pull, but yesterday he was walking to heel beautifully, without me even asking for it.
Not fussed by cows and swans, which were all in the river. He really is very special. He's on my foster list, just need the builders to finish!
f5f71e0db841c323b2464ce794e30c91.0_crop_648x647.jpg
5d193d75e0079192f1dc86add38ef242.0_crop_648x697.jpg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Luke had a long walk over to Compton with Ammie, this was a 3 mile walk and whilst we found Ammie may not be that keen on him, Luke didn't find this a problem as he was happy and relaxed all the time walking either behind, in front or with safe distance apart. It was only once we got to the pub garden that we found a pub seemed new to him; he tested the chair, the table etc and just wasn't sure what to do, we then sat in separate areas and clam ensued again with Luke understanding the floor is for dogs. With time and exposure Luke is sure to find these things easier and even in the limited time we saw it was easy to help him understand, he went back to relaxed and taking it all in, myself and my other half eat our food (one at a time)
Just keeping my eye in case there is any food on offer
Just keeping my eye in case there is any food on offer
Just playing it cool Linda ....
Just playing it cool Linda ....
He was fine with one us leaving the area to go into the pub and then back out again. The walking distance was fine (around 6miles) and revelled in it, at the dog gate he waited easily and even back in the kennels it was happy smiles for treats. It is easy to forget this boy is so young when he so calm and happy, he just needs a loving family to help him on the way to experiencing the new things that he has missed out on and the pub garden could easily have been a first (but not the last).
FranB

Post by FranB »

Luke is such a sweetheart of a dog, he was so good today, easy to harness and take out, and walked really nicely. We had a walk and a bit of a run, he was good at Canicrossing and ran in a nice straight line. He is very responsive and loves a cuddle. I also think he is very handsome and has such a lovely soft velvety coat. We met two well behaved off lead dogs and he walked past with hardly a glance. angel13.gif]
A6E6971E-D74F-41F2-8EDB-9541AE665638.jpeg
8AA5F6B1-3CAE-465A-832B-8BCD18A71735.jpeg
IanF

Post by IanF »

We had the pleasure of walking Luke recently. After the initially excitement he settled in well with no pulling. He is such a nice dog. Had an off lead dog approach him and he was no problem. He loves his treats and cuddles. Some one has to snap him up soon. He would make a delightful pet and I think he would be really easy to train as he is food orientated. thumbs.gif
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Lovely calm walk with Luke on Saturday, just me and him, he`s easy in all ways, no trouble harnessing and getting out of the kennels, walks nicely and checks back in with you lots of times, very connected to his walker. I have found that on a couple of occasions when we get back to the kennel he can sometimes try to be a bit amorous with your leg, but a firm no and then ask for a sit and he does stop and definitely listens to you (he just wants to share his love I think!). Luke has some gorgeous colours in his coat, the sun on Saturday was really bringing out all the warm orangey bits, he looked lovely. I hope someone notices him soon as he has so much potential. angel13.gif]
Luke 3.jpg
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Love this boy so much. We had a little sit in the back of the car and imagined what it would be like to drive away and go home

[cry.gif]
IMG-20181002-WA0001-640x480_crop_490x384.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”