Ralph Ambull x ?Akita DofB 15.07.13 - Spring/ Summer 2023

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
andyrols

Re: Ralph Ambull x ?Akita DofB 15.07.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by andyrols »

Lovely pictures Gareth, I couldn't match them so didn't bother with any.

I walked Ralph yesterday and he is strong on the lead (although he hadn't been out for a couple of days) and has a rather haphazard sense of direction which makes him difficult to walk along a narrow footpath by the road. However, in the park and ride or the industrial estate (away from too many distractions) he settles down and is a lovely dog just waiting for someone to rescue him. When I was getting his harness on I had to shout a command at him and he offered me his paw - I admit that got to me and made me realise that there is a fantastic dog in there just waiting to be tempted out.
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Ralph and I have a routine for our weekly walk: go to the paddock for a quick runaround and stretch of the legs, followed by a quiet walk through the woods and then back to his kennel for treats and cuddles. Ralph has come a long way since he arrived with us in October. He used to be scared of everything and needing lots of reassurance on his walks, but he's now a more confident happy boy who is willing to tell you when he doesn't want to do something by plonking himself down on the ground 0002.gif] . A little coaxing with cuddles usually does the trick (yes, he does have me trained!) and then he's his happy self again, ready to go.

Entering his kennel at the start of our routine, I kneel down and he greets me with a big smile and wiggly bum. He practically harnesses himself now, as he puts his head through the harness and runs to the end of his kennel waiting for me to put his leads on. After his run around the paddock and a quick 'Ralph' from me, he runs to the gate and waits for his leads to go back on. Crossing the road, Ralph is eager but will wait when asked and then walks nicely across the road and along the pavement until we get to our favourite path.

Where Ralph once used to be very strong on the lead, he now walks at a nice pace with the leads loose. Only when he spots a squirrel or bird in the bushes will he make an attempt at a big sprint, but I've learned to anticipate his excitement and ask him to 'slow down', which he always does for me thumbs.gif . Ralph can still be overwhelmed by dogs approaching him (even from a distance), which is why we take the quieter routes. But he has also proven himself comfortable in the company of other dogs when walking alongside, ahead or behind him (as long as we're all going in the same direction!).

If you love the strong silent type, then Ralph could be your dog. In return for providing him a loving home and continuing to build his confidence, you'll get big love from this big soft boy angel13.gif]

p.s. No pictures in this post because he can be camera shy! But lots of great photos of this gorgeous boy in previous posts!
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Chilling out with Ralph on our Wednesday walk love4.gif
69D059E9-C443-4202-95FF-040960D14F42.jpeg
E6965E4B-483B-4B3F-8105-8129F6F84573.jpeg
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20180713_164743.jpg
Ralph walking with his new friend Genie Ambull
andyrols

Post by andyrols »

I walked Ralph for the 1st time in a while yesterday and was most impressed by the improvement in his behaviour. Yes, it was a walk of 2 halves as he was very jumpy for a while but despite this he passed other dogs easily and I was able to take him down to the river, an area I’ve previously avoided as he was so nervous of everything.
He enjoyed “a cooler” and on the way back walked calmly by my side, settling back into his kennel without any fuss.
A woofer deserving of a home to call his own.
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

The weather was fresher today, so Ralph and I could enjoy a longer walk. He was great on the lead, slack most of the time, and just very relaxed today. He’s a great partner for picking blackberries (me) while he chomps on grass around the hedges! I love my walks with Ralph but would love it if he found the loving home he deserves - he’s a truly special boy angel13.gif]
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

everything crossed for you ralphy boy xxxx
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:goodluck.gif: Ralph xx
xxlynne

Re: Ralph Ambull x ?Akita DofB 15.07.13 Horsham West Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Mark & Maggie gave their hearts to Ralph a couple of weeks ago finding him on our Website. Today Ralph's world turned inside out and changed from black and white to the most beautiful colours. Today we dance k2727.gif k2727.gif k2727.gif k2727.gif
sweetpea

Re: Ralph Ambull x ?Akita DofB 15.07.13 Horsham West Sussex

Post by sweetpea »

Just fantastic news ... woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] love4.gif love4.gif :dog_running-186.gif: 0028.gif :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-dance017.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”