Truman Ambull xStaffie DofB 07.07.17 Henfield West Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Truman Ambull xStaffie DofB 07.07.17 Henfield West Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Truman56.jpg
Truman's Story: Truman was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Northern council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Truman was found badly scalded/burned. He has since recovered his health and has shown us what a lovely boy he is. Truman is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Truman was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Truman67.jpg
Truman68.jpg
Truman69.jpg
Truman's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
9.07.18: Hi lynne,
I have this very badly injured boy in the pound. This boy has been tortured - no two ways about it. He's either been scalded, chemical burn., or someone has set him on fire. Please can you help Lynne. He is grisly probably due to pain-and is on medication at present to help him.
Non reactive to other dogs in the kennels but cannot be fully assessed as he's so traumatised.
He just lies rigid in the kennel bed as if trying to blend in so people don't notice him.He freezes when touched and arrived absolutely covered in fleas. He needs someone special to turn him around. My heart breaks for this poor baby
Carolyn xx
Truman3.jpg
Truman2.jpg
Truman.jpg
Truman1.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Truman Ambull xStaffie DofB 07.07.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Truman has arrived ...well late this afternoon. He is a young Ambull x Staffie whose instincts are good with dogs and very friendly with people. Truman has obviously gained confidence since when he was first found stray. Lovely boy.

His skin has healed and there is just pinkish thin fur over his shoulders and lower back. He has come with piriton to stop him feeling itchy. Early days but excited to have Truman on board!
anne

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of meeting Truman this morning.
The first thing I have to say is a massive thank you to the rescue who took him in and have been looking after him prior to coming to us. Through their hard work, giving him time, understanding, love and care and believing in him, they have performed a miracle and he is now a happy, friendly boy whose ordeal is now in the past and he has moved on. He has healed (is continuing to heal) so well in both body and mind.
Truman is much bigger in reality than he appears in the photos but that is just all the more dog to love. He welcomed me into his kennel and I wondered if he would be comfortable with me putting a harness on him. Well, I needn't have worried because he was more than happy to have his harness on and then we were out walking. On a hot sunny day I kept to the woods as I imagine his skin is sensitive to the sun where he was burnt. He walked beautifully on the lead, just ambling along, checking out the smells. He is very voice responsive and was happy to go wherever I asked him to. He had a good sniff around the poets hut, tried out both the sofa and the comfy dog bed. He liked both but I think the sofa was his favourite and he was happy to be cuddled. This dog is a super trooper and has a wonderful, friendly temperament. Just WOW!
DSCF5237.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5240.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5242.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5245.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5249.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5251.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5256.jpgtruman.jpg
Here you can see how well his skin is healing.
Here you can see how well his skin is healing.
DSCF5264.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5267.jpgturman.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Truman is such a friendly soul. He loves going out for walks but is a little nervous and looks to his walker for reassurance and guidance. He can get a little worried passing other dogs but with a kind reassuring word he is quickly back enjoying his walk. he is a stunning lad and seems to trust people despite his past. He will sit for treats and takes them gently. Someone has looked after and worked with him in the past.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Truman was my last walk of the day yesterday. I’d not met him before but he is so lovely he seemed happy to make a new friend. Once out and away from the kennels he was a lovely walk. He responded well to commands and didn’t really pull. He regularly looks for direction and is happy to comply with your wishes. His skin has healed very well although he’s still not overly sure about you touching his right rump but loves a tickle on the other areas of his body. Considering what has happened to Truman I am amazed at what a well rounded boy he is, he is still loving, friendly and happy and will make an amazing addition to a home.
90CF034D-4064-49EC-8143-4E2FD932680F.jpeg
0BDB925E-C797-46D8-BF44-03E7673BC305.jpeg
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

My first walk today with our new boy Truman. I was welcomed like a long lost friend and I felt very humbled that he trusted me. Truman was very excited to be going out for a walk. He ragged his lead a few times but with a firm No and Leave he stopped and walked like a good boy. Truman has been trained well and like other walkers I found him extremely responsive to commands. He wasn't too keen on passing by other dogs but showed no real aggression. Truman enjoyed his walk and I really enjoyed his company. He made me laugh as when we went into the Poets Hut he realised that I had treats and immediately sat down and put his paw up. A real gent this boy. I am so pleased that he has moved on from his appalling ordeal and is happy to make new friends. Super boy who has a fast growing fan club. love4.gif xx
20180729_114607.jpg
20180729_114649.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I had such a lovely walk with Truman today. He really is a big softy. When he is a bit unsure he looks up at you for reassurance with his soft eyes. The longer we walked this morning, the more I could feel his confidence growing. He finds it stressful exiting the kennels but if he grabs the leads because of his nerves a gentle 'leave' and gently taking them from his mouth works. He then focusses back on his walk. He got a little stressed passing another dog but recovered himself very quickly. A deer strolled past us, bold as anything and quite close. I braced myself but Truman saw, stood, bounced a couple of times with excitement, did a little high pitched bark and then carried on his walk. He has amazed me with his calm nature and the ability to take things in his stride.

I discovered that Truman likes blackberries. We stopped to pick some to eat. The first two, Truman spat out but then he saw me eat one, the next one he ate and then asked for another. He takes them so politely and gently.

DSCF5381.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5382.jpgtruman.jpg
Staffybull71

Post by Staffybull71 »

He's such a lovely, lovely dog. I have seen those kind of wounds before a couple of times. In those cases the wounds were almost identical and on the same part of the body. It was done to try and make the dogs aggressive - for reasons we won't go into. But it didn't work. The dogs remained gentle and non-aggressive (so they were abandoned). A testament to the Staffie breed and nature. Truman will find his forever home and go on to have a lovely life, I am sure xx
anne

Post by anne »

Truman gets very nervous passing other dogs especially small ones, so today I thought I would see how he would get on walking with another dog. I chose Timmy Tim, who walked with Louise, to be his walking buddy. Initially Truman was nervous following Timmy (who took very little notice of him) and he pulled to catch up but at the same time doing high pitched nervous barks. He did settle better when we walked in front of Timmy and we had a loose lead again with only the occasional nervous glance backwards, but we unfortunately then had to pass a small dog which got Truman rather panicky. Timmy and Louise fell behind but did catch us up again later on our walk and Truman was less nervous seeing Timmy this time.
Truman needs time to settle with a new companion so we will try and walk with Timmy again to help Truman gain confidence around him.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Some lovely Ladies from a group called "Wool for Rescues" sent me a beautiful blanket and a bundle of chew sticks for Truman. He seems very impressed with his gifts doesn't he? How kind :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif:
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”