Truman Ambull xStaffie DofB 07.07.17 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Katharine

Re: Truman Staffie DofB TBAss Comes soon mid July

Post by Katharine » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:56 pm

You are safe little man. You are safe. Sending you a huge hug and RR will envelop you in love and support.

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:10 pm

OMG! Thank you Lynne for taking this boy, but having got to know you over the last 9 months I wouldn’t have expected anything else. I’m sniffing back tears here, but Truman, I am so looking forward to meeting you little man xxxx

Westie

Post by Westie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Like everyone else, I wept when I saw Truman and read what had happened to him, but what made me cry even more was the thought of him lying rigid in his bed trying to blend in so no one would notice him. How utterly heartbreaking is that. [cry.gif]

What this poor baby must have been through is hard to imagine, but he is safe now and will know what it is to be truly loved. love4.gif love4.gif

I can't put into words what I hope happens to the evil scum who did this to him. Let's hope they get exactly what they deserve.

xxlynne

Re: Truman Ambull xStaffie DofB 07.07.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:12 pm

Truman has arrived ...well late this afternoon. He is a young Ambull x Staffie whose instincts are good with dogs and very friendly with people. Truman has obviously gained cinfidence since when he was first found stray. Lovely boy.

His skin has healed and there is just pinkish thin fur over his shoulders and lower back. He has come with piriton to stop him feeli ng itchy. Early days but excited to have Truman on board!

anne

Post by anne » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:08 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Truman this morning.
The first thing I have to say is a massive thank you to the rescue who took him in and have been looking after him prior to coming to us. Through their hard work, giving him time, understanding, love and care and believing in him, they have performed a miracle and he is now a happy, friendly boy whose ordeal is now in the past and he has moved on. He has healed (is continuing to heal) so well in both body and mind.
Truman is much bigger in reality than he appears in the photos but that is just all the more dog to love. He welcomed me into his kennel and I wondered if he would be comfortable with me putting a harness on him. Well, I needn't have worried because he was more than happy to have his harness on and then we were out walking. On a hot sunny day I kept to the woods as I imagine his skin is sensitive to the sun where he was burnt. He walked beautifully on the lead, just ambling along, checking out the smells. He is very voice responsive and was happy to go wherever I asked him to. He had a good sniff around the poets hut, tried out both the sofa and the comfy dog bed. He liked both but I think the sofa was his favourite and he was happy to be cuddled. This dog is a super trooper and has a wonderful, friendly temperament. Just WOW!
DSCF5237.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5240.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5242.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5245.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5249.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5251.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5256.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5260.jpgtruman.jpg
Here you can see how well his skin is healing.
DSCF5264.jpgtruman.jpg
DSCF5267.jpgturman.jpg

MrsP

Post by MrsP » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:05 pm

He's a very handsome boy! Such a forgiving creature love4.gif

Hayleycakes

Post by Hayleycakes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:46 pm

love4.gif wow wow wow what a stunning boy!! He looks amazing xx

anne

Post by anne » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:24 pm

Truman is such a friendly soul. He loves going out for walks but is a little nervous and looks to his walker for reassurance and guidance. He can get a little worried passing other dogs but with a kind reassuring word he is quickly back enjoying his walk. he is a stunning lad and seems to trust people despite his past. He will sit for treats and takes them gently. Someone has looked after and worked with him in the past.

staffylevi

Post by staffylevi » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Lovely words and pics Anne. He is a gawjus looking lad. love4.gif
Doin' it for the staffies ...

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:46 am

Truman was my last walk of the day yesterday. I’d not met him before but he is so lovely he seemed happy to make a new friend. Once out and away from the kennels he was a lovely walk. He responded well to commands and didn’t really pull. He regularly looks for direction and is happy to comply with your wishes. His skin has healed very well although he’s still not overly sure about you touching his right rump but loves a tickle on the other areas of his body. Considering what has happened to Truman I am amazed at what a well rounded boy he is, he is still loving, friendly and happy and will make an amazing addition to a home.
Attachments
0BDB925E-C797-46D8-BF44-03E7673BC305.jpeg
90CF034D-4064-49EC-8143-4E2FD932680F.jpeg

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”