Bertie Mastiff DofB 16.03.13 Dorking Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jojo18

Re: Bertie Mastiff DofB 16.03.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

Bertie is a fantastic ambassador for his breed.
He's big, chunky with that gorgeous Mastiff face .We met lots of kennel friends today, Bertie stands and stares or jumps with excitement as they walk past .He's easy to hold and walk , plods along mostly with the occasional spurt of speed if he smells something interesting then returns to a plod!!
Loves a cow pat whether lying in it , sniffing or licking it he finds it very amusing .
He was calm with off leads in the distance today and enjoyed the fresh out doors.
I could of walked him for hours as he is so gentle and easy to be around ,He leans against your legs for a cuddle at the end of a walk !!
Wonderful boy ...come on forever home
andyrols

Post by andyrols »

I’ve always liked the look of Bertie but never taken him out before and he didn’t disappoint. He’s far gentler than you might imagine and walks so well, not pulling on his lead a great deal and not in the slightest bit dog reactive from my experience.
I think it’s obvious he’s from a loving home and his family must have been heartbroken to have had to give him up.
He’s another one who likes a dip but his swimming leaves a little to be desired – he’s more drowning than swimming and managed to soak me in the process.
Always difficult to decide a favourite dog when there are so many beauties, but he’s right up there.
I’ve added a couple of pictures but they are nothing like as good as some on here.
Bertie 2.jpg
Bertie.jpg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Bertie is a gorgeous dog - size of a British bulldog, soft Mastiff face with white tiger stripes allover love4.gif

Bertie can be excitable in his kennel but when you enter you are greeted by a happy soft boy keen for his walk! We went for a lovely walk on Wednesday with several dips in the river. He can be headstrong sometimes - pushing his head through gates (before he knows the gate opens in the direction he's pushing!) or jumping into the river (before checking how deep it is!), but he is very responsive on the lead and to me as his walker and he brings a smile to my face.

As it was quite warm, we found a nice cool spot on the grass for some chill out time together. Bertie is a lovely dog, who no doubt misses having a family of his own. If you love a bully breed, then you will be won over by this gorgeous lump love4.gif
C0BBA81E-CA52-4F33-9FD5-4681EEEB0AB0.jpeg
Last edited by nada.c on Fri 13 Jul 2018 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
pits

Post by pits »

Bertie the magnificent hunk is still waiting for a home. He is a fantastic dog. Here's him yesterday.
bertie small.jpg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Bertie enjoyed seeing the ducks on his walk on Wednesday thumbs.gif
F7447A68-65A7-46C7-80CA-98EE352843CD.jpeg
aleks

Post by aleks »

I took Bertie for his weekend break from kennels.
We started our adventure from a walk to ease his excitement of being out of kennels and than we came to the car. As soon as I opened the boot Bertie was in blob6.gif] , he made himself comfortable there and travelled calmly home. When we arrived he explored the garden and the house, and it took a good half an hour for him to settle, but I think the pigs ear helped a lot blob6.gif] woo.gif]
We had a calm Friday exploring fields. Bertie is very responsive on the lead and comes back each time you call him. We also met a nice man with a rescue dog and Bertie was sitting calmly next to me while we talked. Bertie is house trained so slept nicely all night and woke up with us and waited patiently for me to get ready for our morning walk.
Saturday late morning was a bit more exciting as we went to the stable to meet horses.
Bertie was very interested in them, but still listened to my commend to sit and he was looking at them without any pulling.
During the day we stayed home as it was really hot, and Bertie kept me busy asking for playing with the pillow, ball and a squeaky toy. He is so sweet, leaving the toy on my lap and waiting for me to start playing with him.
We enjoyed our company very much during his break and as much as I believe his new family is close to find him, I will give Bertie a break from his kennels life again love4.gif

Bertie1.JPG

Bertie2.JPG

Bertie3.JPG

Bertie4.JPG

Bertie5.JPG

Bertie6.JPG

Bertie7.JPG

Bertie8.JPG

Bertie9.JPG

Bertie10.JPG

Bertie11.JPG

Bertie12.JPG
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Bertie and I had a relaxing walk through the woods today. When we got back he was keen to make friends with a new walker and leapt up on the bench next to him!
9CB769AA-0C54-4470-A202-74CB67B780DF.jpeg
26C40F24-4B46-4FCC-AAF2-0F3B7C9B1393.jpeg
07BC7157-4DF4-4BAB-8671-F6116A52A14E.jpeg
aleks

Post by aleks »

Bertie came for a weekend break from kennels and we had a superb time together blob6.gif] As the weather was fantastic for long walks, we spent plenty of time walking around Frencham ponds and Bertie loved it love4.gif
We met three dogs off the lead, where one of them a Jack Russell Terrier was a bit unfriendly and guess what ? Bertie just ignored him and walked away ! The other 2 dogs, size of Bertie - he was playing with them like a puppy while making me so relieved as a dog off the lead may be trouble thumbs.gif
He is truly amazing !!! Don't understand why he is still in kennels :dog_running-186.gif:
But there is more weekend breaks for him planned so watch the space blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif]

bertie1.jpg

bertie.png
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Bertie is such a sound all round dog , He grew up in a home so has learnt excellent manners , He meets and greets people like long lost friends.
He walks very well with kennel friends and made new girl Marge feel right at home , they fell in tune with each other walked side by side I forgot they had only just met.
He will give you so much back and be a loyal dependable friend .

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”