DSC04894.JPG
DSC04889.JPG
DSC04885.JPG
DSC04891.JPG
DSC04895.JPG
DSC04896.JPG
DSC04897.JPG
:welcome.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
jan&nick

Re: Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick »

we love neko - he never disappoints on a walk - so very well behaved, walks nicely, only time he gets a bit excited is when we get near the stream and he cannot wait to get there and lay down in the water plus various paddles up and down - looking forward to our next walk top lad

P1010726.JPG

P1010725.JPG

P1010724.JPG
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Neko is a magnificent BEAR! Today he travelled on the back seat of the dog mobile towering over Zoey Staffie in her crate without a murmur from either. Neko was given a Gen An and his middle ear was flushhed out again. This is the 3rd time it has been done and we are getting there. it will need to be done again in 3 weeks time but it was in a much better state than 3 weeks ago. Hugo has been much happier and he has proved himself to be very friendly to people an and dogs.

On the was back Neko was on the front seat, a sleepy Bear and gear changes was difficult with a 42 kilo dog leaning into you! Love this boy...he is nearly better and will be so much happier once his healing is complete.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

another walk with the gorgeous neko tuesday - he really is a big old softie who justs loves his dips in the stream - for a big guy he doesnt pull and just walks gently along i am hoping his time for homing is coming soon - below a couple of water shaking shots
P1010742.JPG
P1010744.JPG
Jojo18

Re: Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

Yep Neko is a loveable Bear , He's so happy to have company in his kennels and takes a treat with a gentle mouth.
He walked alongside New kennel friend Anna today , she wanted to be close to the bear and if he walked away she quickly caught up , both were content in the others company.
Neko happily passes other dogs, cyclists and joggers ,He doesn't make a sound just happily walks by .
He's a lovely easy, boy who loves the water and sinks his whole body in to cool down.Hes clearly been loved and hopefully won't be waiting too long for his new home
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20180626_171342.jpg
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Older boy Neko the Akita loves nothing more than a slow amble through the trees to the river for a lovely swim. I think if he wasn't on the long line, he'd "just keep swimming" until he reached the ocean. I had to cut it short, as some youngsters in boats were approaching, and were all over the shop .
He's such an amazing calm boy.

andyrols

Post by andyrols »

Despite Neko’s size he’s so easy to collect from the kennel and walk. When I saw who I was walking I was initially a little bit concerned as to what I was letting myself in for but he easily exceeded all expectations. For whatever reason he does set the other dogs off (maybe because of his size?) but he’s oblivious to it all.
It’s so sad to see him in kennels at his age, and he’s clearly house trained as he doesn’t want to mess his run, so if you have the space and can allow for the fur, he’s got to be for you. Although he’s 10 years old you wouldn’t know it, he appears 2 or 3 years younger.
As the picture shows, his favourite bit about being out was a long dip in the river.
Neko.jpg
A lovely gentle boy.
rob_w

Re: Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 Partridge Green Foster

Post by rob_w »

Neko is with me for a little holiday, first job is to help the poor boy cool off a bit by generous application of brush and de-shedding/rake comb.

It's possible to see the loose and dead shed in this picture as the tufts of white hair

First go over with just a glove brush produced this pile

Second go and I appear to have enough spare Neko to nearly create an extra Akita

Still loads to come out of him, but you can see how much blacker his fur is across his back

Neko has also met Alfie. Alfie hissed at him. Neko tried to run away between my legs. It's a good job I don't want any more kids....
Froggie757

Re: Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 Partridge Green Foster

Post by Froggie757 »

Oh bless him! He is such a chilled boy, he travelled in my front passenger seat last week from Guildford to Gatwick, it was a bit like transporting a very well mannered bear, love this boy, give him hugs from me please love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”