Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Sonny Staffiex DofB ?2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

DSCF3810.jpgsonny.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

What a stunning photo above Anne! It shows Sonnys character and gorgeousness, so I didn't bother posting my ones lol. I must admit I have a soft spot for this lovely boy. He is just so soft and affectionate and loves a cuddle. We were going to walk with Kim and Spud today, but Sonny seemed bothered by Spud being behind him, so we parted ways and than Sonny settled and we had a very laid back, chilled walk. I was hoping to come across another dog somewhere, so I could see his reaction, but we didn't, so I don't know if it was just coming out of the kennels with Spud, and a bit of hype or if Sonny is reactive. Anyway, we really enjoyed our walk and coming back, Sonny paid no attention passing all the barking dogs on the way to his kennel. I love this boy and would love to see him relaxed in a home setting.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I always get a very enthusiastic greeting when I go into Sonnys kennel. He's very desperate for affection and does jump up a bit, but settle quietly as soon as we are walking, it's just kennel excitement. Sonny did seem very stressed on his walk today, and barked at nothing for some of it, so I just ignored him and he stopped after a while. He will constantly look for things to chase, by looking up into all the trees and will try and dive into bushes we pass. He doesn't miss a rustle! He's an energetic dog who needs more excercise than we are able to give him from volunteers walks, so with regular opportunities to burn off his energy, I'm sure he would be more settled. He's making the most of any time out of kennels, so who can blame him. He seems to get stressed if he sees a dog walking ahead in the woods, but has no reaction passing all the barking dogs back at the kennels. He seems a bit lost and maybe it would do him good to get used to walking with another quiet dog.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

I spent some lovely time with Sonny this morning. After the obligatory, full on, Sonny greeting and cuddles we were on our way. Sonny treats every walk like a mini adventure and sets off enthusiastically, with a spring in his step and a grin on his face. Having said that he walks nicely with a loose lead and looks up and connects often. He is always on the alert for squirrels and would dearly love to follow them up the trees. A walk with Sonny is always a joy and his upbeat attitude, joy and enthusiasm is infectious.
where did that pesky squirrel get to?
where did that pesky squirrel get to?
if only I could climb trees!
if only I could climb trees!
DSCF4356.jpgsonny.jpg
DSCF4360.jpgsonny.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Sonny the sniffer dog

Sonny on squirrel alert
Nurse Flo

Re: Sonny Staffiex DofB ?2016 Guildford Kenns

Post by Nurse Flo »

Sonny has arrived at the Guildford kennels and what a ray of sunshine he is.
He is lucky enough to have the first kennel on the block so can see all the walkers and dogs leaving and returning.
Yesterday, despite all the busy comings and goings Sonny was so calm, lying in the sun and just watching everything.
When I went into his kennel to meet him for the first time, he gave me a lovely, friendly welcome and then sat down while I popped his harness on.
It was so very hot so we went for an amble around the kennel grounds before heading for some off lead time in the paddock.
We met Sonny’s kennel mate Bernard the Cocker and his walker in the grounds and both boys were so comfortable in each others close company.
This lad has so many skills that can only by built upon and as an added bonus, is stunningly handsome.
7704F6A3-E277-4493-A761-CC03C323547B.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

My first walk with Sonny today. We went along the river where we found lots of people swimming and several loose dogs. He really wanted to join in, especially with three collies swimming with their owner and was quite strong on the lead but soon was distracted and we headed to another stream where he could paddle in peace. As soon as we stopped for a rest he was up for cuddles, he’s such an affectionate boy. He was frightened of a bin with graffiti on it next to a large scary log but didn’t really put a paw wrong and didn’t show any aggression with any of the other dogs, he just wanted to join in. Stunning boy.
40D3F031-EAE0-4A62-ADEA-0F0488432980.jpeg
2C757EE4-6032-4AAE-8BF4-834868569636.jpeg
F064537C-F5EE-4468-B79B-9D75F8793AC7.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Sonny was a good boy today. He sat next to me by the river where he demonstrated his love of cuddles and any sort of affection. A family came up and asked if they could say hello and admired his beautiful eyes. Nearby, there were lots of kids jumping into the water from the bridge. Sonny enjoyed watching and it was clear he really wanted to join in. He didn’t make a fuss when we headed in the opposite direction. One thing I hadn’t realised before, because I had gone out via the back gate, is that he is quite frightened of fast traffic, especially busses and lorries. A coach passed us speeding and after that he looked scared even when cars passed. He pressed into my leg and crouched down on the pavement, poor boy. He was much happier when away from the road.
AFDB0F3A-03C9-4806-B06A-C8603BF77EB5.jpeg
A6A7262B-853A-4096-9558-6653E14C619E.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely to have another walk with Sonny today. We headed along the river and it was nice and quiet for once. Sonny had a nice paddle and sat calmly and watched a couple of people in canoes landing next to us. He didn’t react at all to this or a terrier on a lead that ambled by. We sat and had several cuddles, and then did the last bit on the road where he was a lot better with the heavy traffic but still a bit nervous of busses and lorries. He is lovely to walk, so responsive and engaged,a total pleasure to be around. angel13.gif]
71B2D8FF-4E54-405A-B1F8-2C4C69803EEC.jpeg
BACF9F70-77DC-465B-9DC8-00C1E0CD8415.jpeg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

I was saying hello to Sonny on Friday through the kennel door and then it turned out I was to walk him on Saturday. He was definitely fine with me entering the kennel, in fact he was so happy for me to come in he decided I need a wash 0002.gif]. We walked with Reggie (walked by Mandy) and we walked along the busy road for a short while and he did very well with Reggie in front. The two boys were very chilled around each other and at the half way point we just sat in the shade for a good 10mins and the two were just happy to stop and rest. To get back we had to walk the short distance along the road with Sonny in front this time, he realised with every so many good boys I was dispensing a small treat as there was a lot of traffic including a bus.... he spent more attention on the lady dispensing the treat than worrying about the traffic thumbs.gif . This boy has stunning looks, obviously very young and I didn't see much of his nervousness, rather I had wet kisses a few times and he showed very good doggie vibes enjoying walking with Reggie.
Sonny is medium sized - honest
Sonny is medium sized - honest
This tongue is for giving humans licks
This tongue is for giving humans licks
Sonny with Reggie
Sonny with Reggie
Sonny showing his stunning colouring
Sonny showing his stunning colouring

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”