Buster (Rizzie) Staffie DofB 16.08.12 Little Wymondley Herts

Dogs that have found their forever home
TLR17

Re: Rizzie Staffie DofB 16.08.12 Guildford Kenns

Post by TLR17 »

Rizzie!
I would adopt little Rizzie in a heartbeat if I could! I met him for the first time today and he truly won me over.
He was excited to go out, and did pull on the way out of kennels, but with a little encouragement, calm words, treats and training he walked like a dream with no pulling at all after a few minutes.
Our walk coincided with a local charity walk and so we passed multiple dogs, children and dozens of walkers, he was brilliant. He was interested in the dogs and clearly curious, but showed no negative body language towards them.
He's happy to stand for a fuss, turns round and stands by you if you stop walking and is a clever little boy. With some socialization he will be a perfect family member for someone!

32381181_10213182194488625_5979450574683242496_n.jpg
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Rizzie has been a wonderful walking companion to his now adopted friend Romeo. The boys have been
Walking with our vet students and Rizzie has gained a few admirers along the way .
Rizzie struggles in kennels and a loving, patient home is what the boy is looking for.

He's great on a lead , enjoys walking with kennel friends , doesn't bother with joggers or cyclists looks back to you for reassurance during his walk.

He just needs time to settle , supportive adopters who will build a trust and help his confidence grow.He is a smashing boy who will make a wonderful companion.
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk in the rain with Rizzie today. He walked very nicely. We met two or three other dogs and he sat to the side of the path to let them by and didn’t react. At one point he looked really anxious when we passed a tall man in a hoodie, he didn’t do much but just looked worried and pulled back a bit. After that he settled quickly and didn’t put a paw wrong. He looked back for reassurance a few times but seemed a bit more chilled than when I last walked him a couple of weeks ago. angel13.gif]
FranB

Post by FranB »

Rizzie was such a good boy today, we met so many dogs on our river walk. He was very calm even when an off lead spaniel ran up to him with no notice, he ignored all the dogs he saw. He enjoyed dipping his toes in the river on the way home. I had thought after previous walks that he didn’t like the water but this time it must have been warm enough to be worth a dip. love4.gif
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

I walked Rizzie for the first time yesterday, he is everything that I love in a staffy - a small, happy fun loving chap who is gorgeous. He was keen to get going for a while but soon settled and walked so nicely with Roxy and Zoey. He can do sit and both paws for a treat too!
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Another lovely walk with gorgeous Rizzie today, he`s such a good boy, no trouble at all, a really easy walk.

Who can resist that lovely face?
Who can resist that lovely face?
Rob T

Post by Rob T »

Rizzie is a traditional short legged, muscular staffie. He has slimmed down since the original photos and really is at the peak of fitness. He is good natured and does know basic commands which could easily be expanded on as he is loves his rewards.
FranB

Post by FranB »

I had a lovely time with Rizzie today, he is such a sweetheart and lovely to walk. love4.gif
We didn’t go far, just an amble by the river and several paddles and a nice sit down and roll in the grass. Rizzie was very relaxed and enjoyed sitting by the riverbank and having some attention. He managed to get several treats out of me when we got back, he just has that way about him.
0DF006B5-EB65-4D09-9EC0-F7759BC0ADBE.jpeg
ektaylor

Post by ektaylor »

I walked the beautiful Rizzie today. He walks so well on the lead and he takes treats well.
He really is gorgeous and so kind, we had a cuddle on our way back and I got a few big staffie kisses.

Rizzie re-size 2.jpg
Rizzie re-size 1.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”