Sabre (Jaeger) Staffie DofB 05.11 - 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Sabre (Jaeger) Staffie DofB 05.11 - 2019

Post by xxlynne »

Jaeger89.jpg
Sadly Sabre died last year of blood cancer
Sabre.jpg
Current Status: Homed Sabre's Story : Sabre was owned by a homeless man who abandoned him in a hostel on the 11th June 18 when he went on the run from the police. Sabre had to leave the hostel by the time the manager came on duty the next morning: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Sabre is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Sabre came in as an emergency 12th June 18 into Gatwick Kenns

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Sabre's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Jaeger88.jpg
Jaeger87.jpg
Sabre's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Claire who works feeding drug addicts & homeless peoples dogs, called at 8 pm 11th in desperation needing Sabre somewhere to go the next morning.
Jaeger.JPG
lucyloo

Re: Sabre Staffie Dofb 2014 Bournemouth comes 12th

Post by lucyloo »

Stunning boy. Big thanks to Lynne for saving yet another special soul :welcome.gif:
Hayleycakes

Re: Jaeger Staffie x Dofb 2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Hayleycakes »

crying1.gif] The look in his eyes, poor Boy xx
anne

Re: Sabre Staffie Dofb 2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Sabre is a real cool dude. He was nervous when I entered his kennel, sticking to the security of his bed. I sat for a while with him, making friends. After a while I suggested 'walkies' and he got up and was happy to have leads clipped on. After that there was no stopping him. He walked out of the block, past all the other dogs, as cool as a cucumber. Happy to be out, he walked at a brisk pace but not pulling on the lead. He stopped to do his toileting and I would suggest he is house trained as he seemed to have saved it all for when he was out. After that he walked, sniffed, and marked places as he went along. He rolled his eyes at me each time I stopped to take photos 0002.gif] :dog_running-186.gif: Jaeger declined a paddle in the stream but was glad of a refreshing drink.
Sabre has a lovely calm, friendly, feel about him. He is not particularly bothered about other dogs. He acknowledges them and just passes on by.
DSCF4516.jpgjaeger.jpg
DSCF4517.jpgjaeger.jpg
DSCF4521.jpgjaeger.jpg
DSCF4522.jpgjaeger.jpg
DSCF4523.jpgjaeger.jpg
DSCF4526.jpgjaeger.jpg
DSCF4534.jpgjaeger.jpg
DSCF4538.jpgjaeger.jpg
DSCF4542.jpgjaeger.jpg
DSCF4545.jpgjaeger.jpg
JenG

Re: Sabre Staffie Dofb 05.2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by JenG »

What a stunning boy! Such soulful eyes love4.gif . Welcome beautiful Sabre x
lucyloo

Re: Sabre Staffie Dofb 05.2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by lucyloo »

OOh, he's so scrummy. I've got my eye on him winkwink.gif
jacnmrb

Re: Sabre Staffie Dofb 05.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jacnmrb »

Oh, Sabre, you are GORGEOUS xxxxxx for you
coffeepot12

Re: Sabre Staffie DofB 05.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by coffeepot12 »

I had the real pleasure of taking Sabre out for a walk on Sunday. He is a real gentle soul.

He was really calm in his kennel and happy to come out, there was a moment where he paused by the benches and I wasn't sure whether he would want to go but then he started walking and we were off.

I stopped to take some pictures and then we walked toward the stream.I realised I had lost my phone and he happily walked back the way we had come until we found it.

He is so good on the lead, very responsive as I was chatting away and just a real delight to be with. I hope he finds his forever home soon.
jaegar-1.jpg
Jan Case

Re: Jaeger Staffie x Dofb 2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

I was lucky enough to walk this gorgeous boy on Wednesday whilst Geoff took little Buster out. Jaegar is a gentle, easy going, friendly boy who was a very easy walk. We had a loose lead all the way around. He was very happy to follow Buster and meekly looked away when Buster stared at him to begin with. He wouldn't take treats from me on the walk, but happily took a chicken chew when I took him back to his kennels. He is a typical staffie shape, a cuddly chunky monkey, if you want an easy boy then Jaegar is here waiting just for you
Sarahk

Re: Sabre Staffie DofB 05.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Sabre is one to swoon over, very handsome boy love4.gif
DSC05483.JPG
DSC05482.JPG
DSC05444.JPG
DSC05442.JPG
DSC05446.JPG
DSC05449.JPG
DSC05471.JPG
DSC05477.JPG
DSC05479.JPG
DSC05481.JPG
:crossfingers.gif: may his home come quickly xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”