Codi Staffie DofB 20.10.09 Pulborough W Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
lucyloo

Re: Codi Staffie DofB 20.10.09 Guildford Kenns

Post by lucyloo »

So today was Codi's big day. Ginny came all the way from Sussex to Basingstoke to meet him, and Codi was his usual exuberant self, the way he always is when greeting people. It was only this morning that I realised Codi hasn't seen another human being since last Friday, as we've had no visitors. So I was expecting him to be very excited. A fair bit of jumping up and OTT kisses were given out. We talked through some ways of reducing this, and he did eventually show the calm Codi that lurks beneath the surface. Having enjoyed his company for a week, I was able to promise that he will settle. His desire to love, and be loved is hard for him to contain in new situations.
But he has been given this chance to shine with Ginny, and is going to have a lovely life in the countryside. Be good Codi, we all know that you can do this. Love you to the moon and back.
Thank you to everyone for supporting Codi, giving days out, posting all your lovely pictures, writing lovely comments and of course to Rachel and family for offering him time out in their home.

I almost forgot the photo, so not one of my best. Just managed to get this one before he was whisked away.
Homing.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Codi Staffie DofB 20.10.09 Pulborough W Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Terrific news Thank you Ginny & Mum....Codi so needs to find the peace and love of a caring family..

Thanks to all the above and Suzanne and family (Lucylou) for making his last spell out of his kennel ...as his launch pad!
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Absolutely Fabulous woo.gif] blob6.gif] :goodluck.gif: :goodluck.gif: thumbs.gif thumbs.gif thumbs.gif :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-dance017.gif: :smiley-chores002.gif: blob.gif :smiley-dance010.gif: 0077.gif 0077.gif 0077.gif 0077.gif 0077.gif 0077.gif blob.gif blob.gif
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Sweet pea you show it just as we all feel. Brilliant news beautiful codi xxxxxx thank you Suzanne for giving him respite before homing you are a star XXX enjoy codi and Ginny thank you so so much xxxxx love4.gif blob6.gif] woo.gif]
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Over the moon to hear our dinky boy has a home. Thank you for fostering him Suzanne, I'm sure this helped to show Codi in a calmer situation. Wasn't it just torture to see Codi hating kennels? Be happy tiny one, we all love you and know you only want to be loved right back blob6.gif] blob6.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

My favourite dog and my favourite homing, so pleased for this little dink, he so hated kennels and the thought of him in a home brings tears to my eyes and a warm glow in my heart. A special thank you to Suzanne and her girls for fostering him and showing what he can be like in a home. He is a special little boy and so loving, will miss walking him but so happy for him. Please can anyone update if they know how he is getting on. :thanks.gif: love4.gif love4.gif
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Hard to believe he's home isn't it Mandy? Last thing I heard was that he travelled home well, had a good explore of the house and settled nicely for his first night.
Here he is on his comfy new bed.
New bed.jpg
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Wonderful thank you Suzanne. love4.gif thumbs.gif :thanks.gif:
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Are there any updates on Codi please? Someone said there was something on facebook but I don`t do
facebook so if anyone can update on here I would be very grateful. I miss the little fella (but over the moon he is homed obvs). :thanks.gif:
lucyloo

Codi Staffie DofB 20.10.09 Pulborough W Sussex

Post by lucyloo »

How I've been longing to hear about our special boy.. from his special mum who has shown him love, patience and kindness
Codi 2019.jpg
Hi Suzanne

I too can't believe a whole year has passed since finding Codi. He's a really lovely boy and we are really enjoying having him in our 'family'. Whilst he's quite highly strung he has overcome a number of odd hang ups that became apparent such as a fear for white containers and doors. He's learnt how to really relax and there's nothing better than climbing into his bed by the sofa to be with us in the evening. He's lovely with my Mum but still has a tendency to get very excited with visitors and we continue to work on discouraging him from jumping up.

He's become quite a communicator too and has become quite a 'growler/howler' as his way of adding to the conversation! I think it's a bit of a mixed message but he howls at the Postman over the gate hoping he will come and say 'hello'. The first time he did it I ran out of the house thinking something terrible had happened!

He appears to have a fear of other dogs out on walks which translates as aggression. We've got some help from a local behaviourist and are making progress with this but there's more work to be done. I did wonder whether it was a bit of protectionism but I'm not totally sure. Fortunately we don't live in a high density area so I tend to walk him in less used areas which is more relaxing for us both but I'm also giving him other walks where he sees other dogs with lots of positive reinforcement.

All in all we love having him in our lives. He's put on a bit of weight and I think you'll agree, looks great! Oh and he loves games and is learning that they are even more fun when he shares the toy with us so we've overcome the issues of him being precious about things that he thinks are his.

Very best wishes

Ginny

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”