Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Our terrific Terriers available for homing! Find Jack Russell, Patterdale, Lakeland, Fell and former Working Terrier breeds here! Other small breeds may also be listed in this sub-forum!
Judy

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Another lovely walk with Rolo this afternoon, we went on a longer walk than usual playing ball along the way. Rolo did actually leave it a few times so I was able to pick it up and throw it normally he'll drop it but pick it up before I have a chance to pick it up. Rolo never tires of his ball games. This boy is such a great character. Heart fill with love.gif]

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:31 pm

97253B17-328D-4FF3-A26D-E10643258906.jpeg
A Rolo protest...xx
19A71006-58E8-48B6-91EC-9745192B1770.jpeg
Rolo welcomed me in to his kennel today by barking at me - all done in a friendly way. I don’t speak patterdale but I knew what he wanted - to put his nose in my pocket and get some sausages. I let him take one or two before we headed off on our walk. Straight to the paddock for ball time followed by chill out time in the poets hut. Then off through the woods, down the lane and do a left. Rolo always knows where he wants to go and if I decide to veer away from his chosen walk he does have a very peaceful protest. He’s now sooooo cheeky with me, he’s taken his protests up a notch. We now have the full laying down protest 0002.gif] If I wanted to move him on, I could but he’s so amusing to watch, I let him carry on until he feels he’s let his opinion be known. We then go the way I’ve chosen but at least Rolo has made his point!! Love spending time with this little pickle. Xx

heleny

Post by heleny » Fri May 04, 2018 10:51 am

0093.gif There is nothing more appealing than the sight of Rolo trotting along usually with a ball in his mouth. That little compact shape covered in brown furry curls always makes me smile. Rolo does indeed know his own mind but always enjoys his walks and time spent in the paddock. Once he knows you you get a wonderful greeting - he is a real character. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun May 06, 2018 8:02 pm

F6CFB0CC-7823-4FBA-A140-64A720334004.jpeg
Rolo is in heaven - wallowing in the ditch. Xx
97E06692-0520-498E-B3EA-33E4895AC8EC.jpeg
Very happy greeting from Rolo today....a few barks, a few laps of his kennel, then it was raid the pockets time - same as always. He’s a funny little character, told every dog off we passed on our way out, totally ignored them on the way back. I always have a really fun walk with Rolo, I adore his bossy little ways, his facial expressions when he feels he’s been wronged are priceless.....by wronged I mean he wants to go left and I want to go right......After our paddock time I thought it best to have a nice shady walk through the woods. Rolo decided this was a good idea and pulled me all the way round until we got to a muddy ditch. Before I had a chance to stop him, he jumped straight in - my left foot following closely behind - little pickle. He looked so happy wallowing in the muddy ditch - I sat down and let him do his hippo impersonation for 5 minutes. When I finally persuaded him to move on, I used my whole bottle of water cleaning him down - which he loved. This little man is just the best company - I adore him. X

heleny

Post by heleny » Thu May 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Rolo was my third walk of the day after I had walked two new in gorgeous little terriers. Walking Rolo is like spending time with an old friend - you just feel very comfortable in his company. He so enjoys being outside and trots along at a fast pace with the occasional glance up to check I am there. We didn't have our usual ball with us but Rolo managed without - he can get quite addicted to having that ball in his mouth as he trots round. He is a great little chap - let's hope his home comes along soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun May 13, 2018 4:07 pm

1B72C627-4487-457E-A416-BA3EC3A1742A.jpeg
I took a new toy in for Rolo today - he loved it for all of 5 minutes until he found a completely bald tennis ball. He couldn’t decide which one he preferred and looked at them both, going from one to the other, head tilting left to right. His little face was a picture. He settled on the new toy which he thoroughly enjoyed chasing in the paddock. When we left, he pulled me straight to the discarded tennis ball. He didn’t want to move until I picked up the ball. So I carried the ball, Rolo carried the toy. He really is a funny little character - the more you get to know him, the more endearing he becomes. Rolo is a terrier lovers dream. Xx

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed May 16, 2018 7:11 am

Brilliant photos and write up - thank you. 0093.gif :nicethread.gif: One thing which is always guaranteed to cheer me up is the sight of little Rolo trotting slightly ahead of me with a ball in his mouth - he is compact, has brown curls, and the cutest little face! Looks aren't everything and you have to win Rolo's trust and when you do he is such great company. I don't think you could ever be lonely or down with a Rolo in your life. He needs a home with a supportive owner who will work with him, teach him good manners all the time, and not just with people he likes, and allow him time to settle. Someone is missing out! :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun May 20, 2018 4:48 pm

FD28F39D-FA15-4327-AE78-AFE63D0DC75A.jpeg
Waiting for a treat. X
C2421D86-CE1F-4EE8-B7AB-D4C96280DB54.jpeg
With his treasure.....
95DD7619-A735-4424-A7AD-8CA5787D8968.jpeg
My little teddy bear.....xx
EFFD9A6E-DA05-4F3D-BF19-92EB8B1D2D12.jpeg
Trying to get back in to the paddock.
1DA236D6-10E7-4B99-BF9F-0C4F59A83B8A.jpeg
Searching for his ball. X
Rolo is a very loyal little man - once he knows you. He was playing in the small paddock when I went to get him this morning - as soon as he saw me, he barked, came running over to gate, tail wagging, done a few happy jumps then stood patiently while I went it. He had a rummage in my bag, got his sausage and liver biscuit then we were off. We didn’t spend very long playing fetch today. I accidentally threw the ball over the fence - Rolo insisted we go and get it so off we went. Once we’d found it he wanted to go back in to the paddock but I convinced him a rummage through the long grass was a better idea. To cool off we had a walk through the woods.......where Rolo found his treasure......a semi deflated balloon.....now well and truly fully deflated. He jumped on his treasure, wrestled it, nipped it a few times, pawed it until the balloon was no more. I wish we’d found some more - he had such a blast destroying it. Rolo is a character, full of fun, comical to watch and for me, a pleasure to spend time with. X

Goodgirl17

Post by Goodgirl17 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Walked this little treasure today. Gave him a little time to get used to me but we were soon on our way. He enjoyed taking his toy with him which was great as a distraction. Had a quick cuddle in the Poets hut. Think he has been trained to stay off furniture as be was not keen on going on the sofa in there but a treat sorted that. He is a cutie and will make the right owner very happy. :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “3. TERRIER RESCUE”