We took the unusual step several years ago of agreeing to our dogs to go home with people or out for the day even though at the time there was big opposition to it. Our dogs loved their trips and were photographed surfing sofa and lounging in backgardens! Yes its difficult facing the task of placing them back in their kennels but always with the thought in everyone's mind...until the next time and heres wishing your home will comes soon.
Days out: If you would like to offer one of our dog's time out of their kennel for a day out, then you would need to be familar to us for one of the following reasons:
a) You are an inducted voluntary dog walker at one of the kennels we use. Why not volunteer Vol. Dog Walkers
b) You are or have fostered
c) You have homed a dog from us
For planned days out Please email a request into myself ahead of time stating the nature of trip in terms of travel details, place, mobile no for contact and ideal time of collection and return.
You can state/specify a dog but we may discuss what dog we either feel is the more appropriate or most needy, so please be open for discussion on this, as with the timings.
I will then discuss this with the appropriate Kennel Co-ordinator Volunteer and kennel staff and they or I will come back to you to firm up details and log the planned event as a post in this section under our dog's name, which will then of serve as record in the future.
We will link in with the kennel owners but you will be given stringent times re 'back by' so not to adversely affect the kennel owners and their routines. Please treat all kennel staff with the upmost respect.
Impulse outings: We are not adverse to impromptu events providing a speedy version of the above is followed. For example; a voluntary dog walker asking if its OK for them to take the dog off for the rest of the afternoon and bring them back before the kennels close.
In each case this must be sanctioned with myself, reported and recorded by the kennel owners with a mobile no of Kennel Co-ordinator sanctioning it and the person(s) taking the dog as a point of reference contact should you fail to return.
On all these occasions it is imperative that our dogs must be kept on a harness attached to a lead and be wearing our collar and disc. Under NO circumstances must a dog be off lead. That may invalidate our insurance cover should an incident occur and you would be held liable personally not us. Our insurance does not cover damage to home or car and we do not cover this either, so you must take care and be responsible.
Weekend fostering and visiting into home premises: Generally weekend fostering should be proceeded with the same degree of clear communications adhered to above but also by completion of a online fostering form Fostering procedure and we may choose to carry out a home check.
If a visit to own home premises or friends/relatives occurs during a day out as above I.e. to premises not vetted by ourselves - we ask that this is done only with a clear understanding that those premises are assessed as completely secure and any other pets are prepared for by the person/s in charge of our dog or ideally absent. For example our worse case scenario is a terrier let loose in an insecure garden or a dog visiting other pets in their home not properly assessed and a fight ensues. It is the responsibility of the person in charge of our dog/s to assure our dog's safety at all times.
We are in the service of our dogs to build up their confidence and skills. Trips beyond the kennel walls can serve our dogs greatly and do. However they need to be carefully guided and we need to know and be offered assurance by anyone taking our dogs out that they will at all costs avoid our dogs being challenged beyond their skills range and put in difficult situations.
Anyone taking a dog must give assurance of the above without exception.
XXX PLEASE use the time out to take good pictures of our dog in interesting relaxed settings for their thread XXX xxlynne
You can't train the terrier out of a terrier..they are their own persons!
Rescue Remedies Statistics
Registered Charity No.1139407
- ↳ URGENT APPEAL FOR FUNDS
- ↳ GUILDFORD SATURDAY 8th December XMAS CHARITY WALK!
- ↳ Rescue Remedies Christmas 2018
- ↳ Support from Pets Corner
- ↳ GATWICK KENNELS - PROJECTS
- MEET OUR DOGS ... AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION 1, 2 & 3!
- ↳ 1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS
- ↳ 2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES
- ↳ 3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES
- ↳ Dogs that are CAT TESTED
- ↳ Coming Soon!
- ↳ Reserved or on Trial Adoption
- ↳ Dogs Rehomed
- ↳ Rainbow Bridge
- RESCUE REMEDIES DIARY
- ↳ Rescue Remedies Diary
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION / FAQ
- ↳ ONLINE FORMS AND RESCUE CONTACT
- ↳ Forum Tutorials & Forum News
- ↳ Donate by Paypal here
- ↳ Websites, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- WANT TO HOME OR FOSTER A DOG? - HOW OUR PROCESS WORKS!
- ↳ HOMING PROCEDURE ...
- ↳ FOSTERING
- DONATIONS, FUNDRAISING & EVENTS
- ↳ Donations & Gift Aid!
- ↳ Fundraising
- ↳ Free Money
- ↳ RR Merchandise for Sale
- ↳ Rescue Remedies Christmas Fundraising Video
- ↳ Christmas Fundraising Video 2017
- ↳ Christmas Chat 2017
- ↳ Introduce Yourself
- ↳ My Dog
- ↳ Dog Chat
- ↳ Behaviour & Training
- ↳ Competitions
- ↳ Crafts, Art & DIY
- ↳ Dogs as Human Support & Therapy
- ↳ Education, Workshops, Courses & Seminars
- ↳ Equipment & Toys
- ↳ Food, Diet, Nutrition & Recipes
- ↳ Health, Disease, Vets & Vaccines
- ↳ Holiday Lets & Destinations
- ↳ Insurance
- ↳ Legal Questions & Chat
- ↳ News, Telly, Videos, Stories & Poems
- ↳ Rescue, Fundraising & Animal Welfare Chat
- ↳ Services & Care Arrangements: Boarding, Kennels, Walking, Sitting & Exercise Fields
- ↳ Shows & Events
- ↳ Sport & Activities
- ↳ Wishing Well
- ↳ Dogs Who Need or Can Live With Other Dogs
- ↳ Lost & Found
- ↳ Suggestion Box - Make Them Here But YOU Volunteer!
- ↳ ***URGENT!***
- ↳ How YOU Can Help!
- ↳ General Chat - Non-Dog Related
- ↳ Live Events
- ↳ Christmas Foster Appeal
- ↳ 4. CATS NEEDING HOMES
- ↳ Give a dog a foster place for Christmas
- ↳ Sleeping Ruff Campaign
- ↳ Sleeping Ruff Fundraiser October 2nd to 9th Total so far £5497
- ↳ Sleeping Ruff Johans Daily Blog Now Active
- ↳ The Golden Roll of Honour - THANK YOU
- ↳ Charity Walk - from Gatwick Kennels 26th August 2018
- ↳ Mongolia Rally 2018