Justice is done Rogue builders

Members Lounge to discuss what you like - non-dog related!
xxlynne

Justice is done Rogue builders

Post by xxlynne » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:29 am

10 years ago we were swindled out of £23,000 over a supposed loft extension. Further we were left with no roof on our house and literally slept under tarpaulin in winter. We went to the police but as they hadn't knocked on our door there was nothing the police were prepared to do. We then went to a solicitor and £3K later thought we hadn't got anywhere but the solicitor had referred the case to a public body for deception and fraud. They researched and found others who suffered equal loss but it was on the strength of the person's greed with my husband that they were able to form a legal case. This was when asked for more upfront cash my husband had sorry I cant but I will write a cheque. That open cheque was traced through to the girlfriends account where all the money had gone to keep the brothers accounts void. So they have been able prosecute and today we have a letter to say the 2 brothers are now serving 27 months and 12 weeks with 2 suspended sentence. No assets were seized but justice was done.

chinquest

Re: Justice is done Rogue builders

Post by chinquest » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:58 pm

grrrrrr, but I am glad you got some sort of closure.
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire

gsdlover

Re: Justice is done Rogue builders

Post by gsdlover » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:20 pm

So wrong you've had to wait all this time to get any justice but am glad that your persistence has paid off in the end. X

Return to “General Chat - Non-Dog Related”